Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adults--Trade Center

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 2498 posts in this discussion
Posted on Oct 21, 2009 11:13:13 AM PDT
Jim Melton says:
I suggest that everyone with a game to trade should check out swaptree.com. You can trade books, movies, and video games. I have over 40 Wii games (bought less than 10) that I received in exchange for DVD TV sets I no longer wanted (X-Files, etc.). I have over 10 DS games obtained the same way. The only cost is the postage (less than $3). I have not had a problem yet, knock on wood. The service matches up people around the country who have an item that is wanted by someone else. They set up single person (you send and receive from the same person) and multi-person deals (you send to A, A sends to B, B sends to you). Also, there is swapadvd.com for swapping movies, TV shows, etc (credit system instead of direct swapping-you get a credit for each DVD mailed that you can use to receive DVDs from someone else in the system).

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 12:34:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2009 7:34:17 AM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
CGGB - Thanks for setting this up so quickly. One question about postage, would there be any type of payment for shipping or will the shipper pay for shipping? It's not a problem for me personally but just want to be clear on that aspect of trading. Sorry if this has been addressed already.

Right now I can offer up OZ- Beyond the Yellow Brick Road (presteen condition)for trade and when I get home I'll add more to my trade list.

**Here is my update list of games for trade - all in like new condition
Brain Age 2
Big Bang Mini

Sorry it's not much of a selection I did a major sweep of most of my games this past summer on Ebay.

Games I'm looking for are:
Urbz
Trace Memory
Pac-Man World (GBA)
Zenses (any version)
Magician's Quest
Grand Theft Auto-Chinatown Wars

Raggie - I'm also interested in Mystery Stories, but I'll assume I have nothing worth trading. Would you know how much it would cost to buy outright? Thanks

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 12:49:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2009 12:49:48 PM PDT
Hey Prince Fan, As long as we're trading games, it seems like it would make sense for the shipper to pay shipping via First Class mail. We'll all break even since it should cost roughly the same amount each way. For example, if you and I traded games, it should cost you the same amount to send me a game as it costs for me to ship you a game, so we'd each be paying the same amount (probably around $2) to exchange our games. Does this make sense?

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 1:47:28 PM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
CGGB - Yes, this makes perfect sense...just wanted clarification on that. Thanks!
Happy Trading Everyone!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 1:52:28 PM PDT
C. A. Moniak says:
CGG&B~~puzzle games are probably my favorite! I'll email S.F. City-Girl, thanks!

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 2:26:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2009 2:28:38 PM PDT
Cris says:
SF City Girl...I'd love to trade Puzzle Kingdoms for Rhapsody if you haven't picked it up yet or traded away yet. I loved the original Puzzle Quest but this one wasn't my cup of tea.

All my games are adult owned and played with, complete.

Here's a suggestion...move this group to a Facebook group so we could each message each other and provide info safely. No one other than the creator has to be the "contact". Also, updates can be posted there as well and discussions too...just an idea.

Oh...edited to add about shipping. I suggest Delivery Confirmation as well. I find that things tend to "get lost" less with it being in the system :-)))

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 3:36:27 PM PDT
Hi Chinared~

I'd love to make that trade with you. I'm not too sure how to do that FaceBook thing. Could you help me with that? If you can, email me and I"ll either call you or you can call me. I'm not real up on all computer things. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 3:45:41 PM PDT
Hi Flowerchild~

Just got on the computer and noticed I have a few messages. Animal Planet Vets is like the TV show about pets and vet care with mini games and helpful info on different types of pets. Urbz is about urban life in a big city (sims game) and has some fun mini-games to it.

CGGB~
I will go to my email in a few, after I read up on all the messages. :-)

Oh, and anyone who emails me, I'l give you my phone number so that we can discuss details on the phone if you don't want to do it by email. I trust you guys. Or, I could call you. Either way.

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 3:47:19 PM PDT
Sounds good. I'm fine with handling things via email, as I have not yet set up a Facebook account (!), but if others prefer other ways, I'm flexible too. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 3:49:35 PM PDT
Cris says:
Hiya SFCG...k, lets take care of our trade first. I'll shoot you an email.

I've never made a FB group before and I'm hoping that we can kind of make it semi-private for the folks on the DS group. Since we've all gotten to "know" each other a little, I feel fine trading with someone here. I'm not so sure about people who happen upon the FB group...I know it sounds harsh but there are all kinds out there :-0 I'll have to fiddle around and see how to create a group before I can "advise" you...lol, unless someone here has already had the experience of setting one up...please jump in :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 3:53:55 PM PDT
Hi Jim Melton~

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a good place to check out for swapping. What we are doing here is starting out among each other to trade games between us since we've got a good group and good rapport between us for quite some time. I personally like the idea of swapping with people I know first, then go to one of those sites if I still can't get what I want. Feel free to join us. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 3:59:20 PM PDT
Prince Fan~

Chynared came up with a good suggestion that when making a trade, send the game to the trader with delivery confirmation. Each person takes care of their cost to send to the other person.

If you check my list on the trade thread, I have Urbz and will add Trace Memory for you. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 4:02:57 PM PDT
We can always use my FaceBook site. Would that work?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 4:05:38 PM PDT
Cris says:
Can I also add and it probably doesn't need to be said that all games be shipped in bubble mailers? They're a little more expensive but add a bit of safety to mailing games. I'm only saying this because I've gotten cds, games, etc. in regular manila envelopes from eBay before...thankfully the cds and games themselves weren't damaged but I was surprised that they arrived at all since the envelopes were pretty mangled.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 4:06:40 PM PDT
Cris says:
LOL...I'm sure that it would work fine but wouldn't your regular friends be a bit upset at all the posts?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 4:07:54 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2009 9:19:51 PM PDT
Flowerchild~
Since the main premise is trade, if the other person doesn't have anything to trade, you can work it out among each other however you want (offer to pay an agreed amount?) I guess that would be up to that person. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2009 6:46:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 21, 2009 6:53:07 PM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
SF Girl - Thanks for adding Trace Memory. I'd like to make a trade for that one. I updated my list of games to trade for, but if you're not interested in anything, (I know there's not much there, LOL) maybe we can work out a price. If interested let me know Had a brain freeze I just remembered you're the one to contact. LOL.

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 7:54:32 PM PDT
I definitely agree that bubble mailers and delivery confirmation should be standard. Good to clarify these things! :)

Posted on Oct 21, 2009 11:02:25 PM PDT
Raggie says:
"Hey Raggie, Have you seen a game called Crime Scene for the DS? Not CSI, just Crime Scene. It has a mostly white cover with a big thumb print or finger print on it."

I don't remember seeing this, but I'll keep my eyes open.

"Raggie - I'm also interested in Mystery Stories, but I'll assume I have nothing worth trading. Would you know how much it would cost to buy outright?"

The cost for me would be 23.5 euros. That's in today's exchange ratio 35 dollars, and if I'd send it to you also the postage (note: I live in Finland, and our postage costs are pretty inflated --I'd have to check, but it could be 5 bucks easy).

I don't have Mystery Stories, I'd have to put it on order to make a trade. That's why I accept only new, unused games as a trade-in. If you really want Mystery Stories, it would probably be cheaper for you to buy a new game and trade it with me, than just paying for Mystery Stories. The dollar is so cheap in comparison to Euro at the moment that importing from Europe to US is fairly expensive. I hear people have found new copies of Yggdra Union for 20 bucks or less at some point.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 1:40:34 AM PDT
Prince Fan~

I'm glad I wasn't hallucinating! I'll trade Trace Memory for your Super Collapse 3. Please email me asap. I'm making a trip to the post office in the morning. If I have your info, I'll send the game off to you then. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 6:15:06 AM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
Hey SF Girl, I just sent you an email with my info. I'm so mad at myself, I went to bed shortly after my last post and missed your reply. I could have bought your game in to work this morning and had it in today's mail. Sorry about that. It will go out tomorrow for sure. By they hallucinating is sometimes my middle name, LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 6:39:31 AM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
Raggie, thanks for your reply and the info, now I understand what you have to go through to get good games. I'll have to think about which way to go on this, budget isn't as much as it used to be these day :>), but I do appreciate your willingness to place an order.

CGGB - I think I have that Crime Scene game you're looking for, the one with the white cover. I ordered it from Amazon the same time I got Zubo. I was wondering why you couldn't get it from Amazon so I looked it up and can't find it anymore...Weird.

I know this is a trader's discussion, but if you'd like I can loan it to you for a certain amount of time like 2 to three months or so. I'm trying to finish up Zelda before the new one comes out and when it does I'll be playing the new one. So I won't miss it anytime soon, and the game is brand new, haven't even played it yet. Let me know if you're interested in it and I'll send it out along with SF Girl's game tomorrow.

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 7:09:56 AM PDT
Prince Fan, That's so sweet of you, but I'll bet you have Unsolved Crimes. I actually already have that one. The game Crime Scene has been released only in Europe thus far--though I think it is slated for Quarter 1 2010 in the U.S., so of course I could just wait for it. Patience is obviously not one of my virtues! lol :)

Hang onto Unsolved Crimes. I enjoyed that one, and I hope you will too!

Posted on Oct 22, 2009 9:22:24 AM PDT
M. Nelson says:
I'm not really sure what games I'm looking for right now, or what games I'd be willing to trade (I'm way too much of a pack rat). But I'm at an APO in the UK so I may be able to get some UK specific games for people in the states, or US specific games for those in the UK. Though it'd only be something I can do once in awhile as we are not allowed to use our APO boxes for commercial reasons.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2009 12:06:17 PM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
CGGB - You're right, it is Unsolved Crimes...big DUH moment for me. LOL. But now you've go me curious about Crime Scene. Well at least 2010 is not that far away.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa19a4f00)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  2498
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2009
Latest post:  12 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 18 customers

Search Customer Discussions