Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 24, 2010 7:04:17 PM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
So I wanted to pop into say I ended up trading in my PSP. I hadn't played it much for many months. Gamestop gave me $105 in trade - which was awesome as it was out of warranty anyway. If all the sudden a bunch of new games comes out I'd look at it again but, as of now, I'll just use my daughter's if I want to play something. She plays hers much more and she also has more unfinished than I do...there are so many DS games in my backlog I highly doubt I'd miss it at all.

We are looking at a PS3 or 360 maybe, depending, in the fall. We'll see. So far I just still am not fond of consoles.

With the trade in (plus many of our PSP games we both finished) I got Trauma Team, Sakura Wars PS2 specail edition, Disgaea Infinite (for her PSP) , Hexyz Force (for her PSP) , and Puzzle Quest 2. Not bad!

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2010 5:29:22 AM PDT
KellyB says:
d-back ~ Have you started Heavy Rain yet?

Posted on May 29, 2010 4:18:30 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
KellyB~Yes!! I finally did start it, but I'm not very far into it. Between baseball and some kitty/vet issues it's been hectic. I thought I would get more time this week because the Diamondbacks were thankfully on the road, instead chaos. I do love it so far and am very intrigued. :) :)

Posted on May 30, 2010 8:42:58 AM PDT
I have DS and PS3 also, and yeah, the PS3 definitely seems like a much more boring system by comparison. But there are a lot of good PSN games (similar in style to handheld games) like Super Stardust HD, 1942: Joint Strike, Trine, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Mega Man 9 and 10, a bunch of old style and puzzle games. They've got Peggle, Bejeweled, and other puzzle games. Most range from about $5.99 to $9.99 with an occasional $15.99 to $19.99 game. Then when the prices drop on the retail games, you could get those for about $20-30. I definitely prefer the DS, but the PS3 isn't all bad when you consider the fun little PSN games.

Posted on May 31, 2010 11:27:18 AM PDT
AlexJouJou, How are you guys liking Trauma Team? Are you going to get Super Mario Galaxy 2?

d-back, Keep up posted on your thoughts about Heavy Rain.

David, I've found lots of good offerings on the PSN and Xbox Arcade too. I think Flower and Winterbottom are two of my favorites so far. Have you tried Gravity Crash? The price was reduced to $4.99 during the PSN spring sale (not sure if it's still on sale or back at $9.99), but either way it's good classic-style fun.

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 12:06:54 PM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
Trauma Team is a hit! My daughter really likes it. She beat both the other Wii Trauma Center games and this one is just as good. She says it is easier as well. She's liking the varied gameplay.

Posted on Jun 2, 2010 7:03:25 PM PDT
Lady Gryphon says:
I saw an info video of Trauma Team on the Nintendo Channel and it looked interesting.

I got Super Mario Galaxy 2 recently and was able to play for about an hour tonight. I'm not sure how well I'm going to do with it though. There seems to be more topsy-turvy stuff so far which is making me slightly motion sick. It might just be because the first planets are so small though. I'll have to see if it gets better. I didn't have too much trouble Galaxy 1 ... at least motion sickness-wise. Don't ask me how I did actually trying to beat the dang thing :)

Posted on Jun 3, 2010 1:06:02 PM PDT
d-backfever says:
I bought Mario Galaxy 2 as well....the only problem is I still haven't played the first one. It came out when I was still in school so I didn't want to start it in case I got hooked and chose Mario over homework. So many games....so little time....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2010 6:03:59 PM PDT
Christy L says:
I have a question for all of you that have PSPs. I love my DSIXL-and am considering getting a PSP. I have just discovered Final Fantasy games-and am in heaven. I think I really like RPGs (and am currently buying as many as I can for the DS). Would I enjoy a PSP or should I just stick to my DS? Also-if you do recommend the PSP-which system do you recommend? Also-which games? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jun 11, 2010 4:16:14 PM PDT
Weemadarthur says:
The DS actually has MORE rpg games than the PSP. But the PSP can play the specific PS1 games that are re-released on Playstation network.

The DS has the first few Final Fantasy games. I am unclear on the numbering, but I think you can get numbers 1-4. The PSP has 7, 8, 9 expected next week, and Tactics. Also, Suikoden I has a lot of love and is available on PSN.

The DS has Final Fantasy: Ring Of Fate, and Revenant Wings. These are spin-off type titles.

In other brands, when I was shopping between the 2 handhelds, I was interested in these

PSP
Crimson Gem Saga
Yggdra Union

DS
Rhapsody
Avalon Code
Nostalgia
Chrono Trigger
My World My Way
Knights in the Nightmare

Also, DS has Zelda games. (People will argue that they are a different kind of game, but you might like them).

For me, the fact the DS has also got more adventure games and puzzle games was a selling point, and I bought one. I don't have a PSP, but I hope this helps anyway.

Posted on Jun 11, 2010 4:16:46 PM PDT
Hi Christy,

I enjoy my PSP3000 (which is the PSP I'd most highly recommend) when I play it, but it honestly doesn't get much play time for me, as there are just so many DS games that more readily grab my attention. Have you already played all of the FF games on the DS?

That said, the PSP really is a nice little system, and the graphics will blow you away. If you get the 3000, you have the option of playing UMD games, but you can also get a big memory stick and play lots of downloaded games from the PSN. The screen is also bigger than the Go, and I just like how it feels in my hands better than the Go (I have small hands, but the 3000 still feels a lot less cramped, even for me). Anyway, I wouldn't give up my PSP, but I do sometimes feel like it just sits there, lonely in its little drawer, waiting for me. I just find the DS's game library more compelling.

If you do get one, you have to check out Jeanne d'Arc. I haven't finished it yet, but I've sunk many hours into it, and I'd say it's one of the best SRPGs on any current system. Of course, you'd probably love FF Tactics too! It's in my backlog...waiting, waiting, waiting. ;-P

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2010 4:25:17 PM PDT
Christy L says:
Thanks! I think I will wait on the PSP. My backlog of games for the DS grows larger and larger. I probably have enough to last a lifetime-and yet I still buy more. I am just now starting to get in to RPGs-thanks to your suggestions-it all started with Orcs and Elves and quickly went from there. I got FF Ring of Fates and popped it in-and well it took my breath away. I played for over an hour before I realized it. I have ordered 3 other FF games and plan on getting the rest later next week. I have gone back and read your suggestions for what you consider the better games-and now I have a list of 25 must buys! I think that will keep me busy. I may wait for my birthday or Christmas for a PSP!

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 3:41:28 PM PDT
Lady Gryphon says:
Has anyone see the presentations for Sony or Microsoft? I saw bits and pieces and was wondering what other people thought. The PS2 is my only non-Nintendo platform at this point and I haven't seen anything so far to change my mind. Though some of your discussions about Heavy Rain and such have been interesting.

I think I was a bit blown away by the Nintendo presentation but I will admit that they've made me a bit of a Nintendo fangirl :) I think I'm most looking forward to Epic Mickey and Kirby's Epic Yarn for the Wii. That's a lot of "epic" ;)

Posted on Jun 19, 2010 3:20:59 PM PDT
Hey Lady Gryphon, I wasn't able to follow the E3 news as much as I wanted to this year, but I was definitely impressed by what I saw of Nintendo's showing. Even though 3D in the abstract doesn't really interest me, the 3DS looks amazing, and there are so many great looking DS and Wii first-party-Nintendo games coming in the next year or so: Kirby's Epic Yarn (as you already mentioned), LoZ Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid: Other M, Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Miniland Mayhem, etc. Not to mention all of the other great games that I'm very much anticipating for the DS & Wii: the latest Dragon Quest installment, Prof Layton & the Unwound Future, Ghost Trick, Flip's Twisted World, Super Scribblenauts, Okamiden, Ivy the Kiwi, Golden Sun DS, Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, Sonic Colors (maybe)...and the list goes on!

There are definitely some PS3, PSP, and 360 games that I'm looking forward to as well: Birth by Sleep, The Last Guardian, L.A. Noire, LittleBigPlanet 2, Deus Ex 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, and maybe Third Birthday. But I'd sell all three of those systems before I'd give up my DS, so I guess I'm more of a Nintendo fangirl too. LOL ;)

At any rate, it's shaping up to be an amazing (and expensive) year for gamers.

I haven't been paying much attention to the Move and Kinnect news. Has anyone else? Any other E3 news catch anyone's eye?

Also, has anyone tried Alan Wake yet? It's on my wishlist, but I decided to wait for a price drop, since I just have so little time for gaming right now. Got to work through some of my backlog first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2010 6:29:26 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Hi All ~

Boy did I make a huge mistake this afternoon. DH and I went to Gamestop and we both bought a copy of World of Warcraft. Our sons have been playing for a long time and kept bugging us to get it so we could all play together.

We came home, installed them, and all of us have been playing together for the last 5 hours. I'M ABSOLUTELY HOOKED on this game :)

I know some of you play it, too. I can already tell this game is going to take up a lot of my spare time.

d-back ~ How is Heavy Rain coming?

Classic ~ I'm most definitely interested in Alan Wake.

Happy Gaming All!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2010 6:35:06 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I'm very interested in Birth by Sleep, L.A. Noire, and LBP2.

Most definitely the new Animal Crossing :)

Also Ghost Trick, Scribblenauts 2, Prof Layton & the Unwound Future, the next Dragon Quest, and Lego Harry Potter -actually pretty much all the DS games you've listed. I'm sure there are many more I'm forgetting.

I agree, it's going to be a great year for gaming.

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 5:53:26 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
Hey all~I've been kinda a ghost on the forums lately...sorry. It's not you, it's me ;) It's amazing, I've been volunteering at the Humane Society and I just love it. I love the people, I love the kitties (although it's really really hard to NOT take any of them home...) and I love the atmosphere. It's so different from my job where everyone is beat down and encouraged not to think outside the box. I haven't much time at all for gaming.

For some reason in Heavy Rain I just cannot do the stupid push all the buttons it tells you to at once until they go away or whatever. I'm doing exactly what it says but then says I messed up so I don't get to advance that part of the story. THEN the last time I played, it didn't save properly or something and I had to start over! Arg! I didn't feel like it so I played my DS lol...

I am also interested in the next Dragon Quest game (although I should play the other two before I get that one) and the next Prof. Layton. :) I might be interested in Scribblenauts if they fixed the stuff that made me want to throw my DS against the wall in the first one. Epic Mickey has been on my wishlist since before E3, that looks really cool. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded too... Is Birth by Sleep only going to be PSP? I don't own one because the library just doesn't interest me enough to drop $200 on yet another system; Tekken just isn't enough. I also like Okamiden....funny it's mostly DS games that interested me. There is a new Zelda coming out for Wii.....sometime LOL...Amazon has 12/31/11 which really means they have no idea. I didn't even know about the MvsDK: Miniland Mayhem. Cool :) I'm sure my husband will be trying to keep me away from the forums when these games start coming out or our bank account may get a little light LOL.

Oh, and now for the main reason I came over to the boards (other than I missed you all-which I do!). Apparently there were some neighborhood kids that have been stealing people's mail for the last year!! Trying to get checks and whatever else they could. I'm thinking, they're kids, what are they going to do with checks? I guess some of them were pretty good at altering them, wow!! So anyway, the only reason I know about this is because they stole some of my mail (I pay everything online so it wasn't money thank goodness) and the cops gave it back to me. Included was...drumroll please....the booklets I was going to mail to one of you for Yoshi Touch and Go and Super Princess Peach!! It was for Cindy (sorry I suck and don't remember which one of y'all is Cindy, I'm so used to looking at screen names) and I think they only reason they took it was because I used a padded envelope so maybe they were thinking they scored. I couldn't believe it!! Those cheeky monkeys!! I mailed that, or thought I did, very early this year. I am just having no luck mailing those books because that was attempt #2. I don't know how many of you actually use snail mail all that much anymore, but be careful! I usually just go to the post office, but one of the few times I didn't, some kids stole it! Crazy world we live in....

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying their games and their summers :)

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 10:21:10 AM PDT
Hey d-back~

That's terrible about the idiots stealing mail. After a while, I figured something had come up, then I forgot it was YOU who was sending the booklets. I still have Princess Peach which I still haven't gotten to in my backlog, but Yoshi Touch and Go has been traded away. Sorry you had that problem with the mail.You probably thought I was ignoring you after I got it! I didn't ignore you, because I forgot that it was you that was supposed to send it!!! Geezzzz! lolol I'm glad we now know what happened to the package. :-D

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 10:36:25 PM PDT
Whoa, that is crazy, d-back. Glad it was just the instruction manuals--and you even got those back! Are you playing Heavy Rain on the easiest setting or the default (normal difficulty)? If you're having trouble on normal, you might try easy. It does take a bit to get used to all of the QTE action, but one you get the hang of it, I'll bet it won't seem so tough. Anyway, I hope you're having a great summer--and everyone else too!

For those who have PSPs, does anyone know how to transfer game saves from one memory stick to a new memory stick? I have a bigger one I'd like to put into the system, but I'd hate to lose all of my progress on the games I've played so far.

Posted on Jun 24, 2010 11:04:36 PM PDT
By the way, for those who might be interested, www.Rosenqueen.com has now become http://store.nisamerica.com/

They're having some great sales right now, including the Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice Alma Mater Set (includes Disgaea 3 for the PS3, the original Disgaea 3 soundtrack, and an custom soundtrack voted on by the fans) for $19.99. The Disgaea DS Tactically Tactile set (includes Disgaea DS and a limited edition Prinny pen-style stylus) is also on sale for $19.99.

Posted on Jun 26, 2010 6:25:08 PM PDT
d-backfever says:
Oh yes, I'm playing Heavy Rain on easy LOL....I can do everything else just not that one "task" for some reason.

SFCG~LOL, I didn't think you were ignoring me cuz I couldn't remember which one of you guys I was sending it to. I get so used to the screen names, you throw a real name in there and everything goes haywire. I guess since I "outed" you, my real name is Misty LOL...

It's too bad I already got Disgaea 3 at Gamestop because that's a pretty good deal. I got the deal of the day today for the DSi set (which was already on my wishlist) so now I'll have a car charger and stuff for my DSi. I already had an invisishield screen protector for it and got a skin off eBay, but I like the other stuff that game with it and can give the game cases to my in-laws so everyone wins. :)

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 7:59:28 PM PDT
Mickey says:
My son got Transformers War for Cybertron for xbox 360 and really loves it. It came with a code for a dlc Jazz character! We put it up on ebay to sell and we got $38 for it.
It paid for more then half the game. He got infamous for PS3 but we returned it he did not like it so much.

Posted on Jun 27, 2010 9:23:00 PM PDT
Kevin Hodges says:
armroed core for answer----- all i ahve to say for the ps3

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 7:55:35 AM PDT
Huh?

Posted on Jun 28, 2010 11:11:29 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
Mickey~I was curious about the new Transformers game so I'm glad someone likes it ;) I'll still probably wait until I can get it for $30 or so, but that's awesome you made out selling your Jazz character. I probably would have kept him :) When I was cruising the PSN store, I saw you could just buy characters through there too. I got Soul Caliber IV for XBox because I wanted Yoda and then I find out I could have just bought him for $5 in the PSN store and had it on my PS3....oh well, live and learn....
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 97 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (581 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  2417
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  15 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions