Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 15, 2012 2:39:20 PM PST
For those of you that have a kindle, Kindle on the Cheap and Pixel of Ink have some really good sounding books today.......free. Three of them I want to read right away.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 4:22:31 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Cynthia and Toni~
I read Relic as Escape the Museum reminded me of it, then got a bunch of Douglas' books on CD. I read Reliquary and just started in on The Cabinet of Curiosities. They do reference past events to catch new readers up, but I too would rather read/hear them in order so I don't have to piece the over-all story together

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 4:37:09 PM PST
Usually Amazon has their used books for l cents and sometimes it's 3.99 for shipping...sometimes less. All my stuff are by my bed and headboard. My side of the bed is really full.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 4:43:24 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Debra~
are you the one that was asking about a walk through for LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7? Did you ever find one? The link I thought someone posted didn't lead me anywhere for one. The Gamestop near my work got the game in so I threw all reservations to the wind and picked it up today. I hope Newbie Me can find some fun in it.

I just finished Vampire Secrets and really enjoyed it. I found the first rose in Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena. I thought it was kind of simple, but it seems to increase in difficulty. Really having fun with Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Ruins too.

My little collection of games has grown to 10 games now! I am pleased that I have seven of ten of the Hidden Object games posted in the poll and have tried nearly all of them as well as the Honorable Mention ones too. Thank you for all the suggestions! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2012 4:43:44 PM PST
Toni: EBay has like 10 books for 39.00 with free shipping on the Repairman Jack...but....I have downloaded at least 620 free books...and an reading another author with a character name Shane Scully and bought the series too!

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 5:44:01 AM PST
The Repairman Jack is really good if you like Thrillers/horror/ paranormal. Not all have paranormal aspects....at least in some of the first books. The closer to the climax, the more paranormal, but not over the top paranormal. I'm waiting for the last book to come out this spring/summer, then I am going to read the last 6 or so in a row. I've been saving them until I get the last one.

$39 isn't too bad for 10 of them, but you can pick them up one at a time for about that price(.99+ about $3.00 for shipping) just about anywhere you can buy free books. You might want to buy "The Tomb" and read it first and see if you actually would like the series.

I have over 600 free books on my kindle too and several series I want to finish. There just isn't enough time in the day. :)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 5:53:19 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2012 7:05:17 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
Nintendo Download: 16th February 2012 (North America)

Posted Thu, 16 Feb 2012 | 13:15 GMT by James Newton

At last
Strider is here!

Nintendo's being a little slower than usual with its press release today so bear in mind this is currently an incomplete version of the Nintendo Download, but we knew you'd want to know ASAP that Strider is coming to Wii today.

We'll update this once we get the full listing from Nintendo.

3DS Virtual Console

Super Mario Bros. (NES, $4.99) - Yes, the earlier Ambassador update was just a prelude to Nintendo releasing Super Mario Bros. on 3DS for non-Ambassadors. Do you really need a review to know if this is worth getting? We'll write one anyway.

Wii Virtual Console

Strider (Mega Drive, Capcom/SEGA, 800pts) - The long-awaited 16-bit version of Strider finally hits the Virtual Console! Strider Hiryu will be slashing and jumping his way around later today. Will you be buying it?

3DS Demo

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (Konami, free) - Ahead of Snake's first appearance on a Nintendo handheld in years, Konami's released a free trial of its jungle stealth action game.

DSiWare

iSpot Japan (Enjoy Gaming, 200pts) - Spot the difference in Japan; that's pretty much all there is to it. We'll have a full review soon.

**if I see an updated list later, I'll re-post** Debbie

*Edit* I guess this is it. Does anyone know which version of Super Mario Brothers this is? If it's the one I like to play on my old Super Nintendo, I'm going to be a very happy person.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 6:42:32 AM PST
Just4laffs-Yes I did find a walkthrough for Lego HP Years 5-7. It isn't the greatest, but it's better than nothing. I'm still plugging along at it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 8:23:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2012 8:26:02 AM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, I'm not playing the game (Lego Harry Potter 5-7), so I don't have any way to check the helpfulness of this walkthrough, but here's the one I found for the DS version of the game:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/121/1217363p1.html

I think there are also some clips on YouTube that might help.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 11:17:32 AM PST
Today's games on Big Fish.com all games are 4.99 because of it being President's Day.....so I purchased this game called Happy Chef....there are so many hidden object games for those who love h/o games. Newbies can usually get a good discount of 2.99 being a new person.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 3:41:10 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Thank you for the HP walk through, Puzzler!
I think I will enjoy the game more if I am armed with a walk through after reading all the frustrated reviews about it. I will give it a go and if I don't enjoy it, back it goes :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 4:08:28 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Toni~
I just requested "The Tomb" from the library to try out a new series. If anyone is a fan of the Harry Potter books, this other series has Nicholas Flamel and his wife Perenell in the center of them and I dare say, they may have more action in them than the HP books. There will be six books in the series, they are by Michael Scott, and the first one is "The Alchymyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel". Check out the description on Amazon: they do a much better job of describing the books than me. I loved them.

And there will never be enough time to read all the books nor play all the games, but we can try :)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 4:45:24 PM PST
I love the lego games, but don't seem to be very good at them. I have Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, and Star Wars. I hate that I am not very good at them because they are really alot of fun, but I get to a point were I am stuck and don't know what to do. I wonder if I really know what I am doing. I have put them away for now but plan to at some point try them again.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 5:17:33 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Karen~
I tried Lego Indiana Jones and found it a bit boring, same with Pirates of the Caribbean. Maybe because it has been ages since I've seen the movies and don't really remember the stories? I have the Star Wars one which I started and didn't really understand what I was supposed to do (I've had my DS for maybe two months if that) so I can totally understand your frustration. I started Harry Potter Years 1-4 and totally loved it! I suppose being a Potter Head helps, but it seemed to move along better and I didn't feel lost in it. I also had a walk through in front of me to help me if I got stuck, but I didn't have to refer to it too much.

Maybe the next time you pick up a Lego game, see if you can find a walk through to guide you along. I wish I could attach links for you, but I copied them into a Word doc and saved them that way :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 6:38:26 PM PST
Puzzler says:
Karen, I haven't tried Pirates of the Caribbean or Star Wars yet, but I enjoyed Indy-Original Adventures. The walkthru I found for that one helped in the spots where I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/643139-lego-3-pack-ds-bundle/faqs/53540

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 6:42:27 PM PST
just4laffs, trhanks for the heads up on the Nicholas Flamel series. These are going on my wish list.

I hope you like The Tomb. The Repairman Jack series is a long one and it intertwines with the Adversary Series, which is shorter. Both series come together with the last book. Then there's some others that tie in. If you get interested in them, F. Paul Wilson has a list on his webpage that shows you which ones tie in and in what order. They all don't even have to be read, they are just fillers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 6:47:04 PM PST
I couldn't figure out what to do on Lego Star Wars either. I restarted it several times, once when I got R2D2 stuck and the game seemed to freeze up on me. I quit and haven't played it since, but I picked up Lego Indiana Jones almost immediately after and loved it. It still remains one of my favorite ds games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2012 7:40:22 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
I just tried Lego HP Years 5-7 and i guess I cannot manage the button-driven games. I may try Lego Indiana Jones again, but I think my faves are going to be the hidden object games.

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 8:45:00 PM PST
saskamazon says:
I played the 3DS version of Lego Pirates - thought it was a lot of fun & had pretty good graphics - only watched the 1st movie in the series (not a big fan) so had no connection that way ....we have all the Lego games (except HP 5 - 7) between the Wii / DS / 3DS & generally speaking,I think they've been fairly entertaining. quite looking fwd to Lego Batman 2 - think the kiddo will love it ... sure hope they fix the freezing problem (Wii version) . might try it for the PS3 this time ....

Posted on Feb 16, 2012 9:06:03 PM PST
D. Carlson says:
As for the download games this morning I have only this to say:

Stupid Bowzer!

Took me all my guys to get past him on the first level. It's been waaay too long since I've played Super Mario Brothers!

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 5:32:14 AM PST
Tanstaafl says:
For information about book series, bibliographies, etc., I like Fantastic Fiction. You can also get info about the books and they even link to Amazon. They have info about upcoming books and enough stuff to keep you from doing anything else for hours.

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 6:58:31 AM PST
Puzzler says:
Cynthia, if you like BigFishGames.com for hidden object games, be sure to check out the "Catch of the Week" offer. Every week they have 1 game (it changes on Mondays) for $2.99. Unlike the "Daily Deal" games, you don't have to be a Game Club member to get the $2.99 Catch of the Week game/price.

Since so many of their games are hidden object games, a fair percentage of the "Catch of the Week" games are hidden objects, too. This week's game is a HOG, but I've never played it, so I can't say if it's any good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 7:21:37 AM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, Lego Indy (the original adventures) was my first Lego game, and I started off frustrated because I didn't realize that it is impossible to "complete" the levels the first time thru the game in "Story Mode". It's only after you go thru the game in story mode that you unlock the tools/weapons/characters/skills or whatnot to let you go back to the beginning in "Free Play" mode and uncover/collect all the things you missed the first time thru.

I can't remember the specifics, but you may be nearly completely thru the game in Story mode before you have gained whatever you need to go back to the very first level in Free Play mode and successfully collect everything.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 7:53:35 AM PST
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 and Lego Indiana Jones The Original Adventures (in my opinion) were the best lego games. I played Star Wars but didn't like it as well and Lego Indy Continues but couldn't finish it, and Lego Pirates and Lego Batman and they were ok and am currently playing Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7. I am still plugging along on Years 5-7 but it is not nearly as good as Years 1-4.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 10:29:28 AM PST
Okay didn't realize a new thread was started due to that spamming of the board.

Got Resident Evil for the 3DS. Need to learn how to dodge properly. Haven't tried out the metal gear demo yet.

So anybody get that photo of the screech owl?
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (584 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers

Search Customer Discussions