Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 17, 2012 2:09:07 PM PST
GreyWolf says:
Well just picked up Plants vs Zombies the other day. Man is that game addicting. Good for a lunch break to take my mind off of work.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012 6:38:24 PM PST
I LOVE Plants vs Zombies!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 7:58:16 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
ooohhhh....I have bookmarked Fantastic Fiction and can see I will be trolling there for blocks of time :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 8:01:13 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Puzzler~
Thank you for the Lego Indy insights....I have added that to my list of games to circle back to. I was getting thru the start of the game OK and guess I got bored climbing up & down ruins and not knowing what to do with the guy with the shovel following Indy. I seem to have the attention span of a gnat......

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 8:07:45 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Debra~
I gave Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 a try but I think I prefer the games that are stylus-driven. I can't keep straight what function each button has and it's a crap-shoot to advance the character. I gave up when it said that Harry needs to cast Lumos to cut thru the vines in the ditch or trench......that didn't make sense as Lumos illuminates, not cuts thru stuff.
I picked up MillionHeir and Zenses Ocean and Rainforest for a change of pace. Liking MillionHeir so far. The first time I got it, I was stuck on the jewels on the treasure chest, someone helped me along, and then the game ended and I couldn't get it back to the beginning. This one seems to be a new cartridge with nothing saved on it.
I was playing Amazing Adventures and Mystery P.I. during the week and having good fun with those :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 17, 2012 8:10:45 PM PST
I really enjoyed playing the first Lego Indiana Jones. 'Haven't started the second one even though I've had it for a couple years. I even enjoyed Lego Batman, even with the little glitches. I haven't finished that one either. As some of you know, I don't finish a lot of the games I have because I keep getting side-tracked. Makes it hard to get rid of games when I know I haven't completed them. :-(

I do manage to finish all of the hidden object ones.

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 8:02:36 AM PST
Just4laffs-I too, prefer stylus driven games, due to my arthritis, but I can do the button games if I don't play for too long at a time. I just would like to finish Years 5-7, much preferred Years 1-4. On a side note, we were at the Pepsi Center here in Denver yesterday, at the state wrestling tournament and I brought my 3ds to see if I could get some streetpass hits. 14,000 people in that place and I only managed to get 3 tags. Everywhere I looked there were kids playing with their phones! Oh well, at least I managed to get 3. That was good.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 11:32:58 AM PST
Dick Johnson says:
just4laffs, I could have read a couple of more books in the time I've spent on Fantastic Fiction. It's about as addictive as some of the games - "I wonder what happens if I click here." "Cool. That worked out nicely." etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 12:34:48 PM PST
saskamazon says:
congrats on the 3! it's a start .... I had one trip to the mall & met 8 new Miis .... that was my best ever. I did go into 2 game stores as well ... the food court can be a good spot. my sons 3DS has 41 in the plaza .... I carry the units & yet mine has less. maybe there's not always timefor both units to get the tag ....

Posted on Feb 18, 2012 3:02:02 PM PST
Got 3 more at the pepsi center this morning. The place should be packed at the finals tonight. Maybe I'll get more.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 6:08:18 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Debra~
Have fun at the tourney! Today I ordered Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, for another HP fix. Half Blood Prince was OK, but it seemed to drag on. There were some enthusiastic Amazon reviews so into le cart it went. I played Zenses Ocean last night....I think I only liked two of the games. I'm going to play Rainforest tonight and hope it's a keeper. The third Zenses game, Zen Garden sounds nice, but no GS has it in my state.
If you happen upon a cartridge only game, do you hunt out the artwork and manual? If so, where? I lucked out on a case for Lego HP on eBay, but can't find one for Amazing Adventures.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 6:18:17 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Dick Johnson~
If I had my druthers, I could easily become one of those people you read about that never left their recliner for years. Between books and now Nintendo, it's all I do after I get home from work. If I didn't have to go to work each day, wow, I would look like Jaba the Hut. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 6:33:19 PM PST
Dick Johnson says:
jsut4laffs, who told on me?????

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2012 7:49:52 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
...snicker snicker, snort.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 8:20:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 19, 2012 9:29:25 AM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, my approach to a cartridge-only game depends on my ultimate plan for it and how "in demand" it is. If it's a game I want to play, but won't necessarily keep, then before I buy it I check out what my options will be for later trade/sale.

I use sites like goozex.com and swap.com to trade games and sites like half.com and glyde.com to sell games. So, I may check out these sites to see how much demand there is for the game I'm considering, and if it looks like it has any value in "cartridge only" condition. If the game is in demand, but only with the case/manual, or if it looks like having case/manual adds significant value, then I check into what it would cost me to get that. Most of my game buying is done online, so it's easy for me to check on stuff like this before I buy.

Basically, if it's going to cost me $5 to get a case/manual for a game that I can only trade or sell for a few dollars, then it's not worth it to me to go to the effort of tracking down the manual.

Classic posted this link a while ago and it seems like a very good source for buying manuals/artwork/cases:
http://www.videogameinstructionbooklets.com

Nintendo's site offers a few manuals for sale, but the choices are limited:
http://store.nintendo.com

Nintendo's site for downloadable manuals:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/index.jsp

And there's this site if you just want to download a manual:
http://www.replacementdocs.com

GameStop is an option for me for trade-in, but usually only if they are offering a trade-bonus of some kind. But GameStop seems to love Mario games, so sometimes even without a bonus, you get good value for a Mario game. GameStop has the advantage of taking cartridge only games without any problem.

I also use Amazon and Gazelle.com for trade-ins. It all depends on who offers the best value for the game I've got. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 11:21:33 AM PST
maketime4fun says:
WOW: Thank you, Puzzler, for the wealth of links :)

So far, I get a few games at Gamestop, keep one, and within seven days exchange the rest for new games. I don't want to keep games that frustrate me and are less than fun to play. The games I did like I got cheaper at Amazon or eBay and was lucky enough to get them complete with cases and manuals. I got a new case and manual for Lego HP Years 1-4 on eBay and so far would just like the cases and manuals for Amazing Adventures and MillionHeir. I will check these sites and see if i can fill in my missing pieces. Thank you again :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2012 2:04:00 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
I just picked up Plants vs. Zombies and hope to share in the love :)

I read Puzzler's review on Amazon about Mystery Tales: Time Travel and now want to get it. Does anyone know if goHastings has a current discount/promo code for games?
Also, has anyone played the follow-up game to Time Travel, Mystery Tales 2: The Spirit Mask? It looks like a European release and pretty pricey on eBay.....I am running out of hidden objects games to try out.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 5:45:41 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2012 8:30:25 AM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, I couldn't find a promo that relates to games at gohastings right now. They come up pretty frequently, though. If you are on their email list, you'll get them.

I haven't played Mystery Tales 2...waiting for the North American release. It took quite a while for the first one to release in the US after it had its European release. A few months, maybe more. I don't remember for sure, but it was definitely later than the Euro release. I'm hoping that means we'll get a NA release of Mystery Tales 2, even if it means we have to wait on it a bit.

Edit: just got the latest sale email from gohastings: code 1776 is good for $1 per item shipping (regular is $2.28, I think).

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 7:39:51 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
Just4laffs, weren't you looking for a place to buy game cases and instruction booklets? There's a website, videogameinstructionbooklets.com that sells them for under $5. You might check there to see if they have what you need.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 3:10:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2012 3:13:05 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
D. Carlson~
Thanks for the link: Puzzler passed it along to me as well. I found a case with artwork for MillionHeir on eBay so I just need one for Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Ruins. That site did not have the AA artwork so my hunt continues.

And I LOVE Plants vs. Zombies!!! What fun!!!

I was rooting about on Amazon.co.uk and came across three DS games that sound good so I'm asking a British friend to pick them up for me. I will wait until Mystery Tales 2 is released here so's not to overstay my shopping welcome/favours abroad.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 3:22:37 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Puzzler~
Thanks for the goHastings code: I just got my e-mail from them too. They have Mystery Tales: Time Travel that I would like to get, and cheaper is better.

Mystery Tales 2 was released August 21, 2011 in Europe so I hope the US makers are hard at work creating the one for us to get soon. Suppose I should try the first game before I get hopped up about the second one....but it does sound just like what entertains me.

I am going to explore the reviews for Jewel Link Mysteries: Mountains of Madness, Emily Archer and the Curse of Tutankamen, and Real Crimes: Jack the Ripper and ask my British friend to get them for me.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012 3:41:53 PM PST
saskamazon says:
Plants vs Zombies is addictive .... so is Bejeweled 3.

I lucked out & got a brand new 3DS version of Skylanders (not including any figures) for $15 ! what a steal. the family bought it simply to get the characters & don't have a 3DS ... it is quite different than the console version. not sure I like not being able to just switch characters - now I have to find the Sanctuary. I also find turning on the portal a bit tricky. but other than that, it will be cool to play & compare the versions.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 4:11:20 PM PST
Hello sasamazon: My book finally came on the Skylanders, but it's really different on the 3ds...for I can't find any of the places I'm into. I thought about buying the Wii game to see the difference, but just haven't played with my Wii in over a year.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 4:22:54 PM PST
saskamazon says:
yeah, the games are quite different ... on the console version there is no fruit, & you are not collecting radiance .... the portal stays on & you can just lift your character in & out of a level ... & even the non playing characters who talk to you are different. console you are righting the wrongs of Kaos ... so yes, having them both provides different games .... it will take me a bit to figure this one out ... quite pleased to try it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012 5:04:35 PM PST
Puzzler says:
just4laffs, you might consider Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness, available here. I think it's probably the same game as the UK Jewel Link Mysteries. I'm not sure, but it seems likely. I hadn't mentioned that game since I haven't tried it myself yet. I'll be getting it in the next few weeks and can update then. :-)
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions