Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1226-1250 of 1755 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 12:18:40 PM PST
WolfPup says:
ooooh yeah, I forgot, I need to get Paper Mario and Epic Mickey (the hopefully Castle of Illusion-esque 3DS epic mickey!) I mean I neeeeeeed both of those heehee, even though I maynot get to them for years lol.

I've said it 90 times, but 'cause I'm always one to repeat myself, SUPER annoyed by the Wii U, basically a current gen console, all those games could be on the Playstation 3 fine, and I don't want to have to buy ANOTHER console grrrrrr. But yeah I want to play Mario and Pikmin and Wonderful 101 (and maybe Bayonetta 2 but haven't played 1 yet. LOOOOVED Vanquish though).

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 7:23:43 AM PST
Angelette says:
I finally played a little bit of Theatrhythm! I didn't want to be too rough before I put on my screen protector so I didnt do so well, but I don't think I ever need another 3ds game.

FF7 made me so sad. Oh my the FMVs!! Aeris' theme! *sob*

I can see myself buying DLC for this game. Gah, Squeenix.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:46:12 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
So uh

That was a very busy weekend. And Star Trek Online cut the cooldown timers on the new stuff from 40 hours to 20, so I actually wanted to play to advance instead of doing other things like reading forums.

I'll hop into the VGF steam group when I return home, name Sparhawk with a purple bird thing icon. I appreciate the longsuffering generosity!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:48:15 AM PST
WolfPup says:
I wanted to try StarTrek Online. Even downloaded the client, but I could never set up an account :-/

I'm going to the 25th anniversary Season 2 Star Trek The Next Generation thing tonight at my theater though! :-D Woo hoo, The Measure of a Man (with 15 extra minutes?) and Q Who.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 8:56:49 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
Have you tried setting up an account now that STO is owned by Perfect World? They have a different system, and might have a different array of bugs. December should start the Winter Event, hosted by Q (not Q or Q but his son Q) if it's similar to last year. He is endlessly fascinated with the undignified things he can get Star Fleet Admirals to do based on the promise of rewards.

Also, remember there is a demo for the 3DS Epic Mickey Power of Illusion. Quite painless to download once you get the shop functional in the first place.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:14:49 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I think Aerith's theme was by far my most played song. You get a lot better at it as you play. Advice for the dark notes is to use your weakest possible party to unlock more and then go in and use a leveled up party to get the loot. The dark notes increase in difficulty faster if you use a strong party and they become impossible to beat lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 9:37:47 AM PST
WolfPup says:
Oooooh awesome! I'll have to try it again as it's been probably at least a few months. It's not REALLY Q's son Q is it? But still, awesome if he's in the story :-D

I was literally JUST reading about Q and his son Q in the episode Q2, apparently the last appearance of Q!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 11:09:16 AM PST
Angelette says:
Ooh, good to know. I guess I shouldn't use 4 characters? Like save them for the dark notes?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 12:21:37 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Yep that will make a huge difference!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 12:22:42 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
So I bought the Music Unlimited thing for $12 through PS+ and they don't even have Led Zeppelin in their catalog!!?? They do have a good selection otherwise. At least they have The Beatles.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 1:01:20 PM PST
weemadarthur says:
I just played an hour of Star Trek online myself. I've slowly been watching a Marathon of next generation through Prime. It got me more interested in that universe again.

But, I didn't understand the ship battles at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 2:50:09 PM PST
Sparhawk says:
Yes. Really really Q's son Q. He mentions his father by name!

And when one of the missions glitched and failed to load the next event I got to rub my science ship's nose on his chest like some enormous space cat.

What part of the ship battles confused you, Weemad? It's been a couple years since I went through the tutorial but it seemed to explain the interface reasonably well.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012 6:21:58 PM PST
weemadarthur says:
Who can remember a whole week back? Possibly I couldn't invert the aiming. I had trouble moving forward maybe? I try to use controllers and sometimes they're not supported.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 9:59:15 AM PST
Sparhawk says:
Don't think this one works with controllers, even though it's close; there are just too many buttons to push. If you give it another try I can dispense advice like an advice-flavored Pez dispenser.

Speaking of forgetting, just joined the VGF Foreign Legion. After being distracted by STO patching, including "Staging Area event mission updated to increase bug population and make it easier to complete." Yes, they added more bugs to the game. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 2:09:57 PM PST
weemadarthur says:
Paper Tiger,

I don't see you in the Steam group yet....add me as a friend when you get around to it. I was able to get Sparhawk a key yesterday.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 9:25:32 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
I'll get on there soon lol! Hopefully before the Dragonborn DLC arrives in January ; )

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 10:40:29 AM PST
weemadarthur says:
Mmmm....more Skyrim. I'm starting to miss playing that game. But starting again will be bad for my backlog....

Posted on Dec 3, 2012 2:52:41 PM PST
PJ Pooka says:
Loving my new Vita.I started Assasins Creed that was part of the bundle.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 3:40:19 PM PST
saskamazon says:
congrats ! can hardly wait to try Assasins Creed Liberation ... even if there are game play issues, the graphics should be interesting ... now if only the bundle would arrive .

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 7:53:07 PM PST
I'm really happy with the white Vita, but I couldn't get into ACIII. I'm playing VLR right now, though, and loving it--not an exclusive, of course, but still great. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:04:45 AM PST
PJ Pooka says:
I am playing VLR on 3ds.Has anyone tried Gravity Rush or Uncharted Golden Abyss yet?
I really enjoy the Uncharted games.There was one game for the K Fire I played that reminded me of the Uncharted series.I can't think of name at the moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 5:38:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012 7:08:18 AM PST
Paper Tiger says:
Gravity Rush and Uncharted:GA are both really fun. GA is more like the 1st Uncharted and isn't as epic as 2&3. It also has some of the new Vita features like the touch screen etc "forced" in but I personally found them to be fun. It is also very easy in comparison to the console versions and has more difficulty levels to choose from.

GR is really fun once you get the hang of the controls for flying. You just have to give them awhile because the flying is really fun. It actually requires some skill : ) It has some silly fetch quests at the beginning that may not appeal to some ppl too and make them quit early.

Both games are beautiful as far as graphics go.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 7:47:19 AM PST
saskamazon says:
if you enjoy the UC console games, you'll love this Vita one ... I found it much easier to aim with the Vitas gyroscope then using the dual shock from the console games ... as to the touch screen interface, the only things I disliked were the combination locks & the melee fights that you had to swipe the screen for, the rest of it worked well ... GR is a cool IP - the floating is nifty, sometimes the aim for attack can be a little off the mark, but nothing too big .... both are really good games to show off the Vita - IMO.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 8:00:30 AM PST
Angelette says:
Gravity Rush is interesting. But I've been afraid I'll be stuck in the middle of nowhere gathering gems and I'll be unable to float back up in time! What happens when you fall???? Maybe I should fall...just to see.

The city design is really intriguing. I like how it's a vertical design.

I found aiming with the gyroscope easier, so I dance around, heheh.

I've also been trying to beat this challenge mission, but I don't seem to be fast enough. It's the one where you have to get to all the checkpoints and the finish line in a certain period of time.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 9:12:50 AM PST
I like what I've played of GR, but I need to go back to it. VLR came, though, and I haven't been able to tear myself away from that since I started it. I sampled just a bit of Golden Abyss a few months ago and wasn't impressed, but I've never been a fan of the Uncharted series either. I may give it another chance at some point, since it's free now, but there are other games I'm more excited about playing soon on the Vita, especially Persona 4 Golden.

I'm also interested in both Sound Shapes and Orgarhythm. Anyone tried either of those?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa24c41a4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  53
Total posts:  1755
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  7 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions