Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Mar 25, 2010 7:17:57 AM PDT
Hey KellyB, I've finished the main game but I haven't played The Taxidermist yet. Maybe tonight.

I'd be interested in comparing notes via email sometime. Up for some spoiler talk? :)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 25, 2010 7:26:08 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I'm definitely up for some spoiler talk :))

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 10:36:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 25, 2010 10:54:18 AM PDT
Hey fellow PS3 owners, A new trailer for 3D Dot Game Heroes was just released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlWsZXGJahg

Posted on Mar 25, 2010 7:37:41 PM PDT
KellyB, I just sent you some spoiler talk via email. :)

Wow, what an experience. I was so excited about Heavy Rain early on (before it even came out), wasn't sure about it for a bit in there, but wound up really enjoying the game. I'm sure I'll give it another playthru, though probably not right away. I think I'm going to start either DA:O or FFXIII on the PS3 and maybe also Fragile on the Wii next. I have Shattered Memories in my Wii backlog too. Has anyone tried either the Wii or PSP version of it yet? I'm currently playing Miles and Rooms on the DS as well. Tons of great games right now!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2010 5:41:03 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Classic ~ I replied to your spoiler talk email. Heavy Rain was fantastic!

I have Shattered Memories for PSP in my backlog. I have to finish Origins before I get to SM.

How are you liking Rooms? I'm still very much into My World My Way.

d-back ~ Have you started Heavy Rain yet?

Posted on Mar 27, 2010 1:31:51 PM PDT
Anyone else tried Flower for the PS3? I just played through the first level today and really enjoyed it. A very beautiful and Zen experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2010 3:27:55 PM PDT
KellyB says:
Classic ~ Nope I haven't tried Flower. What is it?

Posted on Mar 27, 2010 3:42:02 PM PDT
Hey KellyB, Flower is kind of difficult to describe, actually, as it's very abstract. Basically, you are guiding a petal along toward various clusters of flowers, collecting more petals along the way. Once you activate a series of flowers, it turns the entire area green (rejuvenating what was once wasteland), and a new path opens up with more flowers to activate. The controls are very simple, as you use the sixaxis motion-controlled function for directional control and then you press any button for wind. It's a kind of strange but beautiful experience, very relaxing and...somehow reaffirming. Not sure if any of this makes sense! :)

Posted on Mar 27, 2010 3:48:55 PM PDT
Mickey says:
My son and I are playing Portal on the PS3. So much fun. I am on Testchamber 18 and my son is on testchamber 19, he is almost done. Portal 2 is coming out soon

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 27, 2010 5:00:16 PM PDT
Dick Johnson says:
CGGB, I am getting a mental picture of some old game (1980's type old) that had this kinda Zen like feel to it. But, I cannot pull up a name of that game. I can't even remember if it was computer or game system.

Flower sounds like a game I would enjoy (but not enough for me to buy a PS3).

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 1:40:57 AM PDT
Dick, I'll bet you really would like Flower. I believe you usually play puzzlers and seek-and-finds on the DS--and I know you've sworn off RPGs--but do you ever play other kinds of games these days? You might consider checking out Soul Bubbles on the DS.

Mickey, Portal (in The Orange Box) is in my backlog, but I think I'll try it out pretty soon.

Has anyone tried Dragon Age: Origins? I started it last night and felt a bit underwhelmed, but I may have just been tired. I think I'll give it another shot later tonight or tomorrow night.

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 1:42:08 AM PDT
Raggie, I haven't seen any posts from you on the various discussion threads lately, so I hope everything is okay and that you're doing well.

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 8:52:12 AM PDT
Rumi says:
CGGB, I've played Dragon Age: Origins and loved it. I can't remember if it started out slow and I had to get into it later or not. But I do recall that I used to play for hours on end, much to the chagrin of my SO. If it's not your cup of tea though, you won't be alone. For some people it seemed rather bland. For me though, I was amazed that the writing was so good that a fairly standard/cliched RPG plot seemed so interesting.

I was recently astounded that I didn't like Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy IV on the DS at all. But I'm playing Strange Journey now and loving it. Who knows what's up with that? I'm taking a guess that it's about turn based versus more active battles.

Maybe you'll get into DAO with a little bit more time.

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 12:32:59 PM PDT
weemadarthur says:
I finished playing Flower... they sometimes have had it on a temp sale.

I really loved that game... the music is very relaxing, and it feels motivating to make an area bloom. Plus, after getting tense from playing something like Peggle, it is actually possible to calm down playing Flower.

(My platforms are PS3, Wii and DS)

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 9:33:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2010 9:34:42 AM PDT
I played more of Dragon Age Origins last night, and I'm starting to really love it. I think I was probably just too tired the previous evening.

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 10:48:43 AM PDT
Cori says:
Hi guys! I just wanted to pop in and give my whole-hearted recommendation for the DSiware title, Aura-Aura Climber. I noticed it got a 9/10 from the person who reviewed it on nintendolife, and seeing as I had 300 unspent points hanging around (the game is 200 pts) I went for it. It is really fun!

Been enjoying hearing about the XL. On the other hand, I'm not enjoying it. I don't want to want one!

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 10:49:30 AM PDT
Cori says:
Oh whoops! I forgot I was on this thread and not the DSi one! Sorry about that!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 29, 2010 3:19:49 PM PDT
Sparhawk says:
"I think I was probably just too tired the previous evening."

One of the lessons I have learned while getting older: staying up all night to play my narrative-heavy games is no longer fun at the time, and difficult to enjoy the next day as well. Remember: game responsibly!

(Wizard Elf in the Silly Hat Crew, until the temporary party members stole all the Apprentice Hats)

Posted on Mar 29, 2010 3:38:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 29, 2010 3:42:39 PM PDT
Well put, Sparhawk. That's great advice, and I totally agree, at least in theory. LOL :) Unfortunately, I spend most of the time during the day taking care of my two-year-old son, and then I do my work after he goes to bed at night, so my only gaming time is often in the wee hours of the morning (somewhere in the midnight to 4am range, depending on whether I plan on getting any sleep at all or not). I think I will have to stick to DA: O when I'm on the earlier side of that time range!

Posted on Mar 30, 2010 12:40:28 PM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
Hi Everyone!

Question: Anyone picking up the Mimana Iyar PSP RPG this week? It looks pretty good. My daughter is waiting for the Sakura Wars to come into Gamestop but she really wants the art book...however she wants the Wii version and I'm not keen on spending another $10 to get the special ed. from Rosenqueen with the artbook...ah well.

I just got my DSi XL so I'm kind of flipping around playing different games on it just to see.

I'm currently finishing Puzzle Quest: COW and Puzzle Chronicles as well as Dragon Quest V. I'm also playing Rooms and Infinite Space

On the PSP I finally kind of gave up on Crimson Gem Saga...WAY too much grinding in the end and the cost of items is extremely high. I might trade it in w/o finishing. I am about 1/2 way through Star Ocean 2 but thinking about starting it over as it's been a while. I have several games I'm about 1/2 way done on but haven't played for a while like Brave Story: New Traveler and Popolocrois. Sigh. Wonder if I'll ever get back to them! I'm playing the Luxor game as well--thinking about downloading the 7 Wonders as I can't find a copy for the DS around.

Anyway I'm still thinking about a PS3 but without HD TV seems a bit pointless!

Posted on Mar 30, 2010 2:52:05 PM PDT
I'd love to hear your thoughts on Mimana Iyar Chronicles, AlexJouJou. I've decided that (with the exception of Holy Badman 2) I'm not going to buy anymore PSP RPGs until I get through some of the ones I already have...but I'm still keeping lists of more to consider in the future. :) I preordered Sakura Wars from Rosenqueen ages ago, and I hope it'll live up to my expectations.

Does anyone here have a 360? I can't quite remember. I played the demo of The Misadventures of Mr. P.B. Winterbottom last night, and it was great. Absolutely love the style. Anyone else tried it?

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 9:28:57 AM PDT
Cori says:
So, we picked up a PS3 for Easter. I'm a little worried! The games seem expensive and mostly violent or sports, neither of which I'm interested in. We got Uncharted 2 because it is one of the few games I've seen not rated Mature and my son in law claims it is the best game he's ever played. I had read somewhere that it was wonderful for multiplayer but I guess that's only over the network. Apparently the boys can't play it together locally. Bummer! They borrowed some Call of Duty game from a friend and spent a lot of time on that, yesterday.

I kind of think the PS Network is where I'm more likely to find games I'll enjoy. Unfortunately I didn't realize I'd have to download a system update to get in there or I would have started yesterday. I've had it downloading for about 2 hours and it's only 13%. We don't have dial up but our internet is still quite slow.

Speaking of the slow internet, it won't do us any good to try to stream Netflix through the PS3, right? I've streamed a few things over the PC and it always results in a few long buffering sessions over the course of the show. I wouldn't think doing it over a console would be any better.

We picked up a couple of blu-ray titles while we were at it, so we could check out that feature. Star Trek was an awesome first blu-ray experience! I also got The Blindside but no one wanted to watch that so I haven't yet.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 9:42:12 AM PDT
Hey Cori, I'm still very new to the PS3 too! :) I'd recommend that you check out both LittleBigPlanet and Heavy Rain as good starter games. Katamari Forever is a lot of fun too, though it took me just a bit to get used to the controls. Tomb Raider Underworld and Overlord are both still in my backlog, but I enjoyed the bit of them I've played so far as well. Do you like RPGs? If so, I'm enjoying Dragon Age: Origins right now, and I really like what I've played of Valkyria Chronicles. You can try free demos of many of these games on the PSN.

I've played only the demo of Uncharted 2, and it just wasn't my cup of tea, but then I don't like many shooters (except for just a few FPS on the Wii, mostly on-the-rails variety like House of the Dead and also Metroid Prime). I know TONS of people love both Uncharted 1 & 2, so I'm in the minority on that. And maybe I'd like the full-game better than the selection for the demo. I don't know, but since I already have so many other games in my backlog, I'm just not going to try that one for now.

There are tons of great games on the PSN (some of my favorites so far are Flower, Gravity Crush, and Braid), but it sounds like download times are going to be terrible for you. I'm not trying to be a jerk so please forgive if this comes across the wrong way, but why is your internet so slow? Can you upgrade easily? You'll at least want to be able to take advantage of the demo functions, as it'll save you a lot of money and heartbreak on games you may quickly discover that you just don't like.

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 10:04:44 AM PDT
Cori says:
Thanks for the reply CGGB and you certainly don't come off as a jerk by asking about my sad internet. It's just that I live out in the country and this is all that's available. It's a local, small town provider (local small town has a population of about 4K). I'm not exactly sure what kind of internet it is. I think he bills it as wireless dsl. We have an antenna on our roof and he has a radio tower up on a hill. We could go to satellite internet but I'm hesitant to do that because of WoW...although at this point I've let my subscription lapse and might not play anymore...which wouldn't do well at all with it. Dial up would be better than satellite for WoW. It has to do with pings and all that. If we were a couple of miles closer to town we could get Qwest or Bresnan cable. We can't get cable tv either, just satellite. Mostly rural life suits me fine. Some things about it stink!

Posted on Apr 3, 2010 10:51:40 AM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
So, as usual, my daughter snagged the Mimana Iyar Chronicles when I brought it home. She loves RPG's and until this was playing the Lunar new one for PSP that she says is out of this world good.

She loves the Mimana..characters are good..voices are pretty good. Gameplay is fun. She says it reminds her of Star Ocean a lot as its action RPG and not turn based (she likes this better than turn based..I usually like turn based better!)..so far the story is fine...she seems pretty addicted to it. She has one case left on the Miles Edgeworth DS game and she hasn't played that since she got the Mimana so that's a pretty good testament to it! I haven't played the Mimana but she and I almost always like the same games so I feel confident its a good one. She's 13 but highly gifted so she acts and talks more like an adult then kids her age. She does not act like a typical teen :)

You all are leading me a PS3 :) I don't have a LCD or Plasma TV yet which is why I've hesitated in the past...but this thread and others keep pushing me forward ....
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  54
Total posts:  1837
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  13 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions