Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS for Adults: Multi-Platform Discussions

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 3, 2010 12:17:04 PM PDT
Hey Cori, Ah, that's too bad. There are definitely lots of advantages to living in the country, but I can understand why your internet options are limited. Maybe downloading demos won't take as long as the system updates. Since you can do other things while downloading, I guess it's okay if it takes awhile too, as long as you don't mind leaving your system on.

Anyway, you might check out the other games that I mentioned, when you get the chance. I loved Heavy Rain (both KellyB and I finished it recently), and I've played quite a bit of LBP, which I think is a really fun platformer. If you want LBP, they are apparently going to be releasing a Greatest Hits version of the GOTY edition, so if you want just a bit, you'll be able to find it for $29.99 new, which is a steal (I paid twice that).

Keep us posted on how you're liking the system! :)

P.S. I'll bet Star Trek would be cool to watch on BR. I'm going to add that to my Netflix queue.

Posted on Apr 4, 2010 10:39:33 PM PDT
Thanks for the update on Mimana Iyar Chronicles, AlexJouJou. I tend to prefer turn-based battles too, though Dragon Age Origins is opening me up to the action RPG more and more. Star Ocean is still in my PSP backlog.

Does Mimana Iyar Chronicles take a humorous approach? From the previews, it seemed like it might, but I couldn't quite tell for sure. Always love some funny in my RPG.

BTW, do you like any of the Disgaea games?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2010 12:30:40 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
Cori~Star Trek was my first blu-ray disc after I got my PS3....awesome!! I've watched it soooo many times it's ridiculous.

Sadly, I have NOT started Heavy Rain yet. It's propped up in front of my PS3 mocking me. I just haven't had the time since I bought it yet. I am really hoping this week I can start it. You all have made it sound so awesome. :)

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 7:31:11 AM PDT
Cori says:
I finally got that system update downloaded and had some fun looking around, yesterday. I remember CGGB mentioning the vast number of demos available but I was still astounded when I saw it for myself. I downloaded the demo for Zen Pinball, just because the file isn't too large. Then I tried Mushroom Wars, which was half the size, and never could get it to download. Go figure!

A couple of games have caught my eye and I wonder if anyone has tried either. They are Eternal Sonata and Folklore. There might have been others, but I've been asleep since yesterday and I can't remember off the top of my head. (:

d-Backfever...I predict many viewings of Star Trek are in my future!

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 10:10:00 AM PDT
Hey Cori, I have Folklore in my backlog but haven't played it yet. I've heard great things, and it looks really good to me. Eternal Sonata is on my wishlist. How is Zen Pinball?

d-back, If you get start HR this week, you'll have to let us know what you think. :)

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 11:33:12 AM PDT
Cori says:
CGGB, the demo for Zen Pinball is really limited so it's hard to tell. It costs $10 and I've read reviews saying to just get this other pinball title instead. I can't think of the name of it off the top of my head, but it's only about $17. I signed up for a Gamefly trial and put Folklore at the top of my queue.

We all played some Mushroom Wars and it was cute. Now I know what a tower defense game is.

I've got Flower downloading now. I'm so excited to see it, but with our connection it might not be today.

I just realized I need to see about upgrading my Netflix to blu-ray!

Posted on Apr 5, 2010 2:50:58 PM PDT
Good to know. Thanks, Cori. You might check out the Folklore demo on the PSN too. I think there are actually two different demos available for it. Love the demos!!! :)

P.S. It's really easy to upgrade your Netflix to blu-ray, but it does cost a little extra (how much more depends on your plan).

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 7:57:43 AM PDT
Cori says:
Okay, I'm dumb at Flower. Right now I have a dreary picture of a plant on a windowsill and I can't make it do anything. I tilted the control in all manner of directions, held down a button for awhile, and pushed about every button there is and nothing happens.

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 8:13:30 AM PDT
Cori says:
Got it! There was another controller plugged in to charge. I unplugged it and tried it and it worked fine! I am guessing it was a problem with that controller being plugged in. The controller I was using first worked for everything else, so I doubt it was an issue with it.

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 8:42:19 AM PDT
Glad it was just a technical issue, Cori! :) Let us know what you think of Flower, okay?

Posted on Apr 6, 2010 9:13:13 AM PDT
Cori says:
I think Flower is lovely, however, it triggers my motion sickness. I had to quit after a short while. I wonder if I can get over it. When I started playing WoW I had a terrible time with it and eventually it went away. I took ginger for awhile and played for short spurts of time and eventually I just didn't have too much of a problem unless I was on a winding ramp or my framerates dipped too low.

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 10:27:03 AM PDT
Cori, Please let us know if you get Eternal Sonata. I played the demo last night, and it seemed great. It kind of reminded me of a DS game that several of us recently played and enjoyed (Wizard of Oz).

Posted on Apr 7, 2010 2:22:14 PM PDT
Cori says:
I definitely shall, CGGB. As I said, I ordered Folklore first. Since then I've kind of wished I went with Eternal Sonata first. It looks like an awful lot of fun! I'll be heading to the mailbox in about half an hour and wonder if Folklore will be here. I almost hope not as I have plenty to do this afternoon and evening and I know I'll want to sit down and try it.

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 4:16:27 AM PDT
Cori, I'd love to hear your thoughts on Folklore then. :) It looks great to me too.

In the meantime, I'm sorry to hear that Flower is having that affect on you. I actually get motion sick in moving vehicles sometimes but video games haven't seemed to have the same effect on me--at least not yet. Knock on wood!

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 3:47:33 PM PDT
Mickey, How did you like Heavenly Sword?

What's everyone playing these days?

Posted on Apr 8, 2010 4:21:40 PM PDT
Cori says:
Folklore finally came! I've played through to the first save point and thought I'd come give a first impression. I think I'm really going to like it once I get used to all the controls. I think it would help my motion sickness if I didn't careen about so much. Hopefully that will come with practice. I'm hesitant to give my opinion as I don't have much experience with a wide variety of games so I might just be easily impressed. Remember, the whole PS3/HDTV thing is brand new to me. With that said, Folklore looks absolutely stunning!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2010 8:33:26 PM PDT
Mickey says:
When we first got the PS3 we all played it together taking turns. But then stopped. My son was just playing it a few days ago and he thought it was hard and does not want to finish it. It looks too hard for me.

Posted on Apr 13, 2010 9:38:08 AM PDT
I'm further into Dragon Age: Origins and really loving it now. I wish combat were a bit more tactical, but that's my only real criticism. The production quality is amazing.

Cori, How's Folklore coming along?

d-back, Have you started Heavy Rain?

AlexJouJou, Are you still thinking about getting a PS3?

Fellow Wii Owners, Anyone tried Fragile or Sakura Wars yet?

What's everyone else playing?

Posted on Apr 13, 2010 5:26:15 PM PDT
Mickey says:
My son is playing order up for the wii now , he played a little of Rubiks world earlier today and we just got Real Heroes Firefighter on Saturday which is fun. All games for the wii.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2010 7:05:59 PM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
I'm still looking at the PS3. Since I still have the old Tube Tv's I'm not in a hurry...and I'm more of a handheld..but the kids are getting older anda bit more sophisticated with games so I know its likely to happen at some point. I'm thinking of getting a PS3 plus a smaller LCD TV for my room...but it'll have to wait until after I pay the taxes (gotta love CA!) and my car registration (gotta love CA! $300 to register my 2003 Toyota...I double checked they didn't think it was a Lexus in Toyota clothing LOL)

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 1:14:47 AM PDT
Hey Mickey, I've heard good things about the Real Heroes Firefighter game. How old is your son?

AlexJouJou, I hear you on the CA income taxes and car reg, lady. Part of the reason I order so much stuff from Amazon is because they don't charge any state sales tax, which as you know makes a difference of about 10% on the price of everything for us. It adds up fast! I'll bet you'd like the PS3, even on a CRT, but it really is beautiful on an LCD. You and your daughter might fight over some of the RPGs though! :) Is she still enjoying Mimana Iyar Chronicles?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2010 5:59:36 AM PDT
Mickey says:
Yes,, I hear good things also, and my son has enjoyed it so far as well. He is 8 years old. He loves all video games, he plays wii, xbox 360, and PS3 and sometimes the DS and PSP.

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 8:34:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 15, 2010 8:35:13 AM PDT
That's great, Mickey! It must be fun to have a little gaming buddy. I can't wait until my son gets big enough to play (in moderation, of course). Sometimes I do let him play with my DSi when we're stuck in a long-time-waiting-room situation, and he loves to experiment with the cameras, play Electroplankton, and watch me write letters and numbers so he can identify them (some short words now too). He also plays hidden object games with me sometimes when we're first waking up in the morning, after we've read a couple of stories. An addict in the making! :)

Though he doesn't get to watch too much TV, I let him watch me play the first level of Flower on the PS3 and he loved that. Maybe I'll let him watch the second level soon...

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 3:25:03 PM PDT
IGN reviews 3D Dot Game Heroes: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084269p1.html

Anyone else excited about this one?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2010 5:01:29 PM PDT
Hi all--

I have a DSiXL, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360. Enjoying xboxlive a lot. Must echo Mickey's love of The Orange Box. Have it for the 360 and can honestly say it is super fabulous. Half-Life 2 is one of my favorite games ever! In the Orange Box you get that game plus more games in Half-Life family. Great buy!

DS games too many to mention. But for the 360 I have Halo 3 and ODST, looking forward to Halo Reach. Also enjoy Madden 09, NBA 2K9 and Perfect Dark Zero (original Perfect Dark recently prettied up and put on the Xboxlive Arcade...great to have my old nemesis back cuz I WILL beat you this time). If anyone wants to find my on xboxlive, my gamertag is "gengonushi." Have preordered 'blur' (like Mario Kart, but even more satisfying) and Halo Reach.

Done for now.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (580 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  57
Total posts:  2355
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  1 hour ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions