Posted on Apr 24, 2010 7:44:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 24, 2010 8:00:02 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 28, 2010 5:48:05 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Hey Classic ~ How's Dragon Age coming?

Posted on May 2, 2010 6:41:22 AM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
CGGB-- oops missed the earlier post!

My daughter is still playing Mimana although she's kind of doing it sporadically. That says to me that it is probably worth a price drop or used status to pick it up. She did say she really enjoyed it though. But the last one she played on the PSP was Lunar and she played that for weeks and weeks .. it was clearly a major favorite!

I keep hoping to win that gamestop 500 buck monthly drawing so I can get a PS3! I think they should allow you to enter the contest as many times as you have a receipt...that seems fair. The way I figure it if I spend a lot of money there I should have a better chance to win something than someone who shops once. Seems only fair! lol

Posted on May 4, 2010 10:43:58 AM PDT
KellyB, I'm still enjoying Dragon Age very much. I've also started Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper on the 360, and I'm having fun with that one too. I've also downloaded a few titles recently. On the PS3, a bunch of the Pixel Junk titles were on sale recently, so I picked those up. The only one I've tried so far is Eden, and it's pretty cool (similar to Flower in certain ways though not quite as well done). On the 360 (downloads), I've been playing Boom Boom Rockets, which I got mostly so my son could see some fireworks every now and again. I need to go back to Winterbottom too.

Fellow Wii Owners, has anyone downloaded Zombie Panic in Wonderland yet? I've been looking forward to that one for a long, long time.

I wish I had more time to devote to console games. I play my DS daily (nice to relax with in bed before going to sleep), but I definitely don't get console time daily. C'est la vie! :)

What's everyone else playing these days?

Posted on May 4, 2010 12:45:21 PM PDT
Mickey says:
My son is playing and I am watching him play Sam & Max: Season One on the Wii -this is a point and click adventure.
We tried ghostbusters he got really far but he does not really want to finish it so I am bringing it back, he was not thrilled with Mini Ninjas either, so it is going back.

Posted on May 6, 2010 8:57:49 AM PDT
Hey Mickey, How's he like Sam & Max? I had to consult a walkthru on that one but I liked the characters. :) Are you enjoying watching it?

What's everyone else playing on their other systems these days?

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2010 12:38:52 PM PDT
V. Bagley says:
CGG&B ~ I'm with you on the consoles. There is a 360 and a Wii in the household, but I prefer to game on my DS while relaxing in bed. I also like that you can have the television on in the background too.

However, the DD likes to play co-op games on the Wii. Recently we completed Spy-Borgs and are working through Trauma Center on Wii.

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2010 3:24:49 PM PDT
Mickey says:
He says it is ok, he said he would like some hints in the game. We had to look at a walkthrough also. We are up to the second episode.

Posted on May 6, 2010 3:49:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 6, 2010 3:50:13 PM PDT
Yeah, I found it difficult to know what to do at times in Sam & Max for sure. I have to say, point-and-click adventure is one of my favorite genres on the DS, but I haven't liked any of the console ones nearly as well. Maybe it's just because the interface seems so clunky by comparison. I'm still trying new ones, though, and I'm enjoying Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper on the 360 so far (but I'm not very into it so far, so we'll see...).

Posted on May 8, 2010 6:40:17 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
Hello All :) I forgot to track this forum in my e-mail so I've been behind and have forgotten to check in. So....Heavy Rain. It was mocking me just sitting by my PS3 saying you'll never have time to play me now that baseball season has started....and it was right! Between baseball and then vacation, I STILL haven't started it (I know, unbelievable right???). So I'm on GoHastings checking out their 20% off sale and what's there? Heavy Rain that's $30 after the discount? You bet :) and I ordered it. I took back my still unopened copy and got my $60 (plus tax) back. It should be here by the end of our current homestand and since it's used and not in the plastic wrap, I will start playing it! LOL...I also have Eternal Sonata and Disgaea 3 that want to be played too :)

V. Bagley~how do you like the Wii Trauma Center? Are the controls ok?

Posted on May 8, 2010 6:40:22 AM PDT
Mickey says:
This is the game in the wii today: Marble Saga: Kororinpa, my son is having fun, he is soooo good at it.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2010 7:10:02 AM PDT
PJ Pooka says:
d-backfever~Way to go!!!What a savings!!I have been checking out the games at goHastings too.You really cleaned up.Good thing you had not opened your game yet!(Heavy Rain).
Welcome back from your vacation and remember to track the thread.LOL! You can surely get behind if you don't.

Posted on May 8, 2010 9:47:22 AM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
I haven't really been playing much of anything on the PSP. I don't know why...it's just not holding my interest. I finished most of the games I wanted to on it -- Star Ocean First Departure, Jeanne DArc, Brave Story New Traveller (?not sure of exact title). I do want to finish Star Ocean Second Evolution (LOVE the star ocean games!) and Popolocrois....and I haven't started Lunar or Mimana Iyar yet. IDK -- it's just kind of blah to me right now. I am much preferring my DSi and my kindle for relaxation.

I will say my daughter is beside herself with excitement for the new Trauma Center game. She loves those games so cannot wait until it comes out on the Wii. We mostly use our Wii right now to stream netflix (which is awesome BTW!)

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2010 9:53:59 AM PDT
V. Bagley says:
d-backfever ~ Yeah, the controls are the hardest thing to get used to. Using the actual tools are pretty easy, I thought it would be hard with the Wii but what I have trouble with selecting the tools. You have to use the joystick on the nunchuck in a circular fashion to choose and the controls seem so sensitive that it takes me a few tries to pinpoint the one I need. But it's fun, very similar the Trauma Center on the DS and great to play co-op. :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2010 9:56:40 AM PDT
V. Bagley says:
AlexJJ ~ I just got my Netflix disc for the Wii today. Is it easy to setup? I'm looking forward to using this feature as one of my weekend activities include watching movies ON Demand with my daughter. It gets expensive because we often can't find anything worth watching even with our three pay channels. I'm hoping this gives us more of a selection. :)

Posted on May 8, 2010 7:19:23 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 8, 2010 7:22:01 PM PDT
Lady Gryphon says:
I also have netflix for the Wii. I don't remember having any trouble setting it up. I think I did have to log on to netflix on my computer so I could enter in a code from the Wii to initialize it. Once that was set up I could view my queue on the Wii without any problems. I found the options for browsing kind of limited on the Wii. I find it easier to set up my queue on my computer first so then I can just go to the Wii and play the movie.

If you don't already, I would suggest making sure the Wiiconnect 24 option is turned on. I originally had it turned off and I found once my movie was over that I was disconnected from the internet. Since I wasn't connected it didn't know my place in the movie. :(

I haven't had too much time to watch a lot of movies, but from what I seen it seems a decent way to watch movies.

In reply to an earlier post on May 8, 2010 8:12:32 PM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
Yes as Lady Gryphon says the set up is a piece of cake!

My son loves it. What he does is go on the PC and put things in his queue (instant) so they are there on the Wii. It works very well. No problems. In fact if I could drag it away from him I'd put it in my room too! I even toyed with getting another Wii just to do this but then came to my senses and realized if I did that I should just go for the PS3 (which streams Netflix too right?) hhmmm...all the more reason to get a PS3.

My daughter and I are currently watching NCIS Season 5 and have Season 6 in our queue. We've worked our way up so far. We detoured to watch Castle which is also great. We like doing this together. We tend not to like the same movies so this works well (the TV viewing part since Netflix sends things so quick it's amazing!)

Posted on May 8, 2010 8:14:15 PM PDT
AlexJouJou says:
It was super easy to put the code in for the Wii Netflix. My daughter and I like to rent DVD's of TV shows (we're currently wathcing NCIS and already watched Castle SEason 1)

My son puts the shows in his queue on the PC..he says that's easier...and then they show up on the Wii and he loves it!

Posted on May 12, 2010 7:55:13 PM PDT
d-backfever says:
AlexJouJou~I took a chance on Castle and I like it too :)

I'm sitting at the baseball game and trying to do this on my phone but I was so excited I had to get on here....Heavy Rain came today and today is the last game of the homestand. Perfect timing!! It would have been more perfect because tonight is usually my night off, but I'm working tonight so I can have Saturday night off. I am off tomorrow though so I'm ready to dive in! It's going to be hard to not play when I get home in the morning but it's my best friend's birthday tomorrow so I don't want to be a zombie when we go out. I'll have all night when hubby's sleeping to play :) although I may take a break to watch the Amazing Race finale. Anyway, sorry to babble and give so much OT details but Heavy Rain here I come!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 12:26:50 AM PDT
Castle's Nathan Fillion has a featured voice and character in Halo ODST. He plays "Buck" and they made the character look like him.

Currently trying to find a MLB title for the 360 I can manage. Many titles are too complicated.

Posted on May 13, 2010 2:00:48 AM PDT
d-backfever says:
That is really neat about Nathan Fillion Michele :) I may have to check that out :) I liked him on Firefly too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 5:28:58 AM PDT
KellyB says:
Yay d-back! I hope you like Heavy Rain as much as I did. Let us know what you think of it :)

Posted on May 13, 2010 7:02:22 PM PDT
Lady Gryphon says:
For you Castle fans, did you know there really is a book called Heat Wave? Apparently "Richard Castle" wrote it :)

Heat Wave (Nikki Heat)

Posted on May 17, 2010 9:03:55 AM PDT
For those with a 360, anyone interested in Alan Wake?

Posted on May 17, 2010 9:06:18 AM PDT
Also, for those with PS3s, the demo for ModNation Racers is apparently going to be released tomorrow (May 18th). Anyone else interested in that one?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  2024
Initial post:  Feb 18, 2010
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 14 customers

Search Customer Discussions