Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 Sequel

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2010 9:24:09 AM PDT
DohNuts says:
A friend of mine sent me a copy of the sequel to this game called:

Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (it was released in Europe on 9/17/10)

It is the sequel to Hotel Dusk: Room 215, starring protagonist Kyle Hyde and being placed one year after the events of its predecessor.[2] The game has visual and audio styles similar to the first game's. In this game, Kyle Hyde finds himself in the Cape West Apartments, Los Angeles, in 1980. The story of this sequel is separate from the first game's, even though it includes some connections with it.[3]

I had no idea a sequel was made. I loved the first game and am enjoying the first few minutes of this one. I know there are a bunch of fans of Hotel Dusk, so I thought I'd share this news....if it is news.

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 11:08:07 AM PDT
I'm excited. Hotel Dusk is one of my favorite games. Anyone know when it comes out in the U.S., or how to get a UK copy?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 11:23:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:37:01 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2010 11:59:51 AM PDT
plokent says:
Toni R. Adkins,

It's just been released last month, I would wait until December/January before looking for a reasonably priced used copy on eBay. This isn't a game that has high replay value so expect it to be discounted after three months. I wouldn't be surprised to find this title released in the US next year for $19.99. You can order the UK import version via CDWow for $49.99 (it retails for £34.99 in the UK).

http://www.cdwow.us/games/last-window-the-secret-of-cape-west-nintendo-ds/dp/15473337#bc=5eb2

Posted on Oct 9, 2010 1:02:33 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:37:02 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 8:47:14 AM PDT
I buy most of my games used, so I'll probably wait for a little while before I get a copy. I will definately be getting one though.

Posted on Oct 10, 2010 11:27:07 AM PDT
I've been hearing about this game for more than a year now, and I really hope this gets a US release. If it doesn't, I'll just import it, but I'd rather pay $20 than $40, of course. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 2:26:13 PM PDT
You do know buying your games used doesn't help the Developers at all right?
Your reply to Christopher A. Rivera's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2010 6:29:48 PM PDT
Yes, this is why I try to buy the games that I really care about--and want to be sure to support--new. In fact, I usually preorder them. That's not always financially possible for everybody, though, especially when a game may not be brought to our region at all and importing the game costs twice what it should (if it were a US release). So it probably makes sense not to get too preachy about this kind of thing.

Posted on Oct 12, 2010 8:01:03 AM PDT
PJ Pooka says:
Looking forward to the U.S. release.Hotel Dusk was one of the first and favorite games I played when I first purchased my DS 2009.

Posted on Oct 14, 2010 12:25:42 PM PDT
NuJoiseyGurl says:
I'm also looking forward to the HD sequel as it still remains my favorite DS game.
As far as buying new vs. used goes, I've been burnt a few times with new ones that I found were not worth the $30 or whatever amount I paid, especially in this economy so for me used is the way to go.
That being said if reveiws for HD are really good, I may make an exception and buy new.
JMHO, your milege may vary.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (577 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 14, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions