Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 276-300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 14, 2014 4:35:11 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Resetting my router is the more irritating issue. I have 13+ devices and equipment connected via wifi and only the 3DS requires router restart every time I want to access eshop, etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2014 4:16:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2014 4:23:16 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Seriously? My bluetooth headset for my phone may be interfering with my 3DS XL when out and about?

Also... I'm always having to reset router at home for my 3DS XL to grab wifi signal. Are my tiny bluetooth speakers interfering or is that a different issue?

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 3:35:09 AM PDT
One thing that can affect 3DS, 3DS XL streetpassing is bluetooth enabled devices. They can mess with wifi signals. Usually when people have issues with the 3DS wifi or wiimotes it was because someone had a bluetooth phone or other device nearby.

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 8:00:37 PM PDT
Sparhawk says:
In unrelated news, Amiibo. Ensouled action figures, now with actual detail! http://youtu.be/odUjMhc6YgU

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 7:49:52 PM PDT
"it is filthy. Not just the touch screen but everything has crumbs and dust on it."

Well, that doesn't tend to bode well for the functioning or longevity of most electronics.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 1:11:51 PM PDT
Sparhawk says:
He has enabled streetpass as far as I know. I am...somewhat loath to touch it because it is filthy. Not just the touch screen but everything has crumbs and dust on it. :x

I got a tag from the convention guy, so it's clearly not a problem with mine or his. GM has an anti-telecom field. It may be related to his dice results.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 11:47:42 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
It's great that you've managed to get that many SP tags in just a couple of trips to Home Depot.

I don't just want SP tags, I need tags from people who are playing Denpa Men 3. What are the chances of that happening?

I don't recall the demo telling me that I need to obtain jewels from other people. I don't know what to do with them if I get them but seems important. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 10:15:25 AM PDT
Puzzler says:
I thought of that, so last trip out I carried the older one in my hand, rather than bundled in my purse. Still not very tag-happy. :(

I don't really expect a fix, I just thought I'd mention it since folks were talking about getting fewer tags than they used to.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 10:12:18 AM PDT
Puzzler says:
Eclipse, they do regularly tag each other.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 10:05:43 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
I noticed that it wasn't whether it was the newer 3DS XL or not, but rather the pouch I put it in. One of my pouches just gets less streetpasses than the other.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 10:02:47 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Envy. The newer and prettier one attracts more tags.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 9:58:22 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Sibling rivalry?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 9:56:43 AM PDT
Maybe your first 3DS just hates you?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 9:38:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2014 9:57:45 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
When you're on wifi, do your 2 XL's always see each other?

Edit: Sorry, poorly worded. Do your XL's always show up in each other's Street Pass Mii Plaza as new tags? Even if the older one doesn't pick up more strangers at Home Depot, it always SP tags your new XL?

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 9:13:56 AM PDT
Puzzler says:
I found that my original 3DS didn't pick up SP tags nearly as well as the 3DS XL that I got a year or so later did. If I carried both devices I'd get tagged on the XL, but not on the original 3DS.

I've since gotten rid of the 3DS, but a couple of months ago I got a 2nd 3DS XL. Now I find that, again, the newer one picks up tags when the older one doesn't. I know that seems crazy, but it's true. In the last couple of weeks I've made 2 trips to my neighborhood Home Depot. The new XL picked up 9 or 10 tags each time. The older one got 1 tag on the first trip and only 2 on the second.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 8:16:42 AM PDT
Did that guy disable StreetPass?

Yeah, conventions can be crazy. When I go to MAGFest I score crazy amounts of tags.

Disneyland/world is also tag central but I'm reluctant to take my 3DS on some of those rides.

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 8:13:18 AM PDT
Sparhawk says:
My adjacent McDonalds continues to deliver, but the guy who runs our D&D games has a 3DS that never, ever streetpasses anyone.

He also has a cellphone that never, ever gets incoming calls and reports text messages days later, so I think it's just him.
Another guy in our group went to an anime convention in Chicago and reports getting, like, two thousand hits.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 8:04:25 AM PDT
It's a pity you couldn't make it to the Sunset Overdrive event. Phil Spencer showed up.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 8:02:05 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
I assumed that they meant around the city, not at N. World. I can't imagine not getting any there. Yeah, I'll bet that the Smash Bros event was crazy but I'm a little envious. Would have liked to witness the insanity...I think. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 7:48:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 13, 2014 7:49:41 AM PDT
Chocolette says:
I've been leaving my 3DS at home because I'm not playing anything on the 3DS currently. I used to get 4-6 on an avg day from the commute. Though on bad days, I did open up to 0 tags.

Wednesday, I did stop by Ninty World and got 10 on each. ...Then again, it was kind of hectic there that day. Eep. Super Smash Bros line was out of control.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 7:33:07 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Frankly, if the couple didn't have a Nintendo gaming channel, I'd think they were doing something wrong. How can you go to NYC and only get 3? Perhaps people are leaving their systems at home?

We do carry a lot of devices with us these days...phones, tablets. The XL doesn't fit easily in any pocket as the previous 3DS did.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 7:22:19 AM PDT
Yeah, it used to be that I'd get at least two or three tags any time I went out with my system, but lately I've gotten only one or two tags and more often none at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 7:19:44 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
I saw a young Japanese couple on a YouTube gaming channel discussing the lack of tags when visiting the US. Recently they were in NYC and only got 3. They were surprised because they carry several 3DS systems with them at all times.

Jason is a lucky duck. My green light doesn't come on until my meal is handed to me inside the store. Can't even get tagged at the drive-thru.

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 6:39:40 AM PDT
Eclipse says:
Puzzler, I'd be in trouble using public wifi. Now my McDonald's has a "30 min wifi or when you've finished your meal" rule. They have a person hovering with a table wipe rag.

A guy ordered a meal, upgraded everything to large plus added a dessert item and as soon as he opened his laptop, they started wiping around him. He was still eating! Crazy to chase the big spenders away.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 13, 2014 6:39:10 AM PDT
I've been getting far fewer tags in general lately. Not sure what's up with that.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (578 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions