Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 10000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 22, 2012 9:52:04 PM PST
If there is any data on the dsi inform Nintendo so they either transfer the rights and data or credit you points.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 5:09:57 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 23, 2012 6:59:53 AM PST
Puzzler says:
Karen, I can't remember what the warranty period is, a year? If so, and you are at the end of (or out of) warranty, be sure you registered your DSi XL at Club Nintendo. Doing that extends the warranty for awhile and you may find that you are still covered. I think you can register it well after the period of purchase. I think Nintendo tracks date of purchase by the serial number, so they know that already. :-)

http://club.nintendo.com

And, Karen, you can check the warranty status of your XL here:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/lookup/repairs/warrantyLookup.do

Posted on Feb 23, 2012 5:40:57 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
Nintendo Download: 23rd February 2012 (North America)

Posted Thu, 23 Feb 2012 | 13:10 GMT by James Newton

Boxes and more

The download is in and it includes gnomes, armadillos, puppies, kittens and... boxes. Who said games characters can't have personality any more?

DSiWare

Box Pusher (GameOn, 500pts) - You're the box pusher. Pushing boxes is what you do, and you do it well. In fact, you're the greatest box pusher this town's ever seen. Make and share your own levels in this puzzle game, which we'll review soon.

WiiWare

2 Fast 4 Gnomz (Qubic Games, 500pts) - From the creators of Gnomz comes the sequel, though this is more a platformer than a scrapper. Full review coming up soon.

Nintendo 3DS Download Software

Dillon's Rolling Western (Nintendo, $9.99) - OK, so Dillon's Rolling Western was released yesterday, but you might have missed it. We'll have a full review for you soon.

Nintendo 3DS Demo

Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo) - Like Europe, you can have a free trial of Nintendo's feline-canine combo, then read through our Nintendogs + Cats review for more.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 2:15:38 PM PST
Is the sequel to 999 going to be for the dsi or 3ds?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 2:19:07 PM PST
3DS. I can't wait! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 23, 2012 2:19:10 PM PST
I think it's 3DS. I never got going very much on the 1st one!

Posted on Feb 26, 2012 9:33:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2012 9:34:09 PM PST
D. Carlson says:
I've been playing Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness this weekend.

Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness

It's a pretty good game, if a little predictable. It's a combination hidden object and jewel match game with a small amount of problem-solving thrown in. You start out with a hidden object scene looking for about 20 items; after that you are taken to a scene where you need to search out some gems & occasionally a scrap of paper. Once in a while after that you will need to assemble a picture jigsaw-style, which gives you a bonus item for the jewel match game, which will follow. The jewel match is similar to Cradle of Rome, in which the boards get more difficult as you go along, with tiles that need to be matched on 2 or 3 times to clear. The bonus features are very slow to charge and I've had to do some levels several times to beat them.

I'm not done with the game yet, although I've probably got 12-15 hours into it. I like it, but it's sort of difficult. The hidden objects are sometimes very difficult to locate, but you aren't timed during the hidden object part of the game, and you aren't penalized for random tapping to try to locate something.

Has anyone else tried the game yet?

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:48:42 PM PST
Anyone out there going to pick up the game Crush 3D? It's been on my radar since it was first announced and it will finally be released next week. Please post any thoughts about the game. TIA

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:02:51 PM PST
Just looked it up on Amazon, Crush 3d...never heard of it until now. Trying to resist buying anymore games, am working on the skylander game....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:18:31 PM PST
Crush is a platforming puzzle game. Originally released on the psp. Crushed 3D is an expanded improved port of the game.

Just beat Resident Evil Revelations. It's a game where you have to watch past the credits to get the final cutscene and get the new game+ option.

Working on unlocking everything. Abyss difficult for raid mode is very very hard. Hate hate hate the super fast enemies when they are skagdeads. If they grab you it's instant kill. Whats worse is not only are some of the super fast enemies hard to hit due to them being small is if you partner with someone whose connection is lagging they jump all over the place due to the lag.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 1:25:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 27, 2012 1:30:58 PM PST
Puzzler says:
SFCG, I've had Crush 3D on my "thinking about it" list for awhile, also, but will wait for reviews before shelling out for it. Apparently there was an earlier version of it (called Crush) on the PSP. I never owned a PSP, so have no clue as to how fun it might have been. The upcoming release is a 3DS game.

I'm still working on games I already own. I'm playing Jake Hunter Detective Story: Memories of the Past now and will finish it up this week, I imagine. Then I just have to figure out my next target. :-)

I've got Bejeweled 3 coming from goozex this week. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I never played the PC/online version.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 1:33:29 PM PST
I've checked out several videos of Crush and read a few reviews, and it might be one to look at. There are so few decent 3D games that I'm interested in and/or able to play. Crush and Spirit Camera are on my wish list.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012 7:49:57 PM PST
Puzzler says:
Cynthia, I think you were interested in Lego Pirates of the Caribbean when Amazon had it for $15 a few weeks ago, but you missed the lightning deal price. Well, I just noticed that it's $15 again. Not sure how long that price will last, but if you are still interested in it, you might give it a look.

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:52:34 PM PST
thanks Puzzler....but lego games are hard for me. Am still on the Skylander game...and my hubby was asking about the Skylanders characters for I still had some in packages. Tried to explain to him how it worked, he seemed like he was interested in the dynamics of the game. I've enjoyed it and all the different characters. I bought 3 characters for 7.99 each....and it was a great bargain at that.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2012 2:12:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2012 2:15:49 PM PST
Puzzler says:
D Carlson, I haven't tried Jewel Link Chronicles: Mountains of Madness yet, but the way you describe it sounds a little bit like Jewel Quest Mysteries.

It's been a while since I played that game, but if I'm remembering it correctly there would be some hidden object scenes with a "jewel board" (match 3) between levels. I really enjoyed that one. And of course, it had the bonus of a second game (Mysteryville? I think that's what it was called.) included on the same game cartridge.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 6:25:53 AM PST
Puzzler says:
29% off (select items) at gohastings.com today with code LEAPYEAR.

I found a game my niece wanted for her birthday, so that was nice. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 8:09:28 AM PST
maketime4fun says:
I saw that last night and popped Mystery Tales: Time Travel into my cart. Today was the first time in my working days that I called in on account of weather so shopping was the second order of the day :)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 8:57:40 AM PST
Puzzler says:
GameStop is also having a Buy 2, Get 1 Free deal on used games today. I may take a trip to the store to see if there's anything I just gotta have. ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 10:02:03 AM PST
D. Carlson, I just finished JLC over the weekend. I thought it was a bit short but fun and relaxing overall. I also had to replay a few of the jewel boards to get past them. Overall, I think I liked JQM more, but this one was fun too.

Puzzler, I'll be sending you an email in a sec.

SFCG, I plan on getting Crush 3D. I played several levels of Crush on the PSP recently to sample it, and I think it will be even better on the 3DS. It's a puzzle platformer with a pretty unique mechanic in terms of manipulating the environment to progress (shifting between 3D and 2D by "crushing" the world). If this kind of game interests you, you might check out the upcoming Shifting World and Fractured Soul as well. :)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 10:19:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 29, 2012 10:21:35 AM PST
CGGB~

lolol...I was hoping to hear from you regarding Crush 3D. It sounds like something I would enjoy and be able to play, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it a couple of days ago. I can always cancel at the last minute if I change my mind as it comes out on March 6th.

Do you have any idea if Shifting World is anything like Shift Platformer Game, which was a free download game for the Fire? I downloaded it and can't figure out how to make the little guy move forward and jump over gaps at the same time. Very frustrating. It's the black and white, flipping/reversing concept. Fractured Soul sounds like it may have some shooting gameplay in it?

On a different note, I have decided that Pushmo is definitely my all-time favorite go-to game for the 3DS. The difficulty level is just perfect for me. It definitely is much easier to play in 3D than 2D.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 10:31:36 AM PST
Puzzler~

I was up at 5am this morning (insomnia) and instead of games (like I need more!) I got some good deals on used movies I've been wanting. Water for Elephants came out to under $6 and Abduction was under $4. Great sale on goHastings today. :-)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 12:16:32 PM PST
SF City Girl-I borrowed Water for Elephants thru the kindle owners lending library, loved it and want to watch the movie now.
I'm playing Dr. Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights on the 3ds, am stumped trying to get into the first labyrinth, help?!
Still slogging thru Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 on the DSI XL, having some problems getting thru the 'swimming' part of yr 7...
Reading a lot on my kindle, some of those free and low priced books are free and low priced for a reason.......;)
I'm in Las Vegas right now visiting my mom and uncle...cross your fingers for me to win some big bucks! Off playing bingo with the geriatric set!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 29, 2012 12:59:27 PM PST
Debra K Gray~

I rented the movie from Amazon and played it 3 times before the 48 hour rental expired. Loved it! lolol....kind of a tear-jerker. Had to get my own copy of it. I think you'll like it. I read the book many years ago when it first came out. :-)

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 1:06:45 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 29, 2012 2:57:49 PM PST]

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 5:17:37 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
Nintendo Download: 1st March 2012 (North America)

Posted Thu, 01 Mar 2012 | 13:00 GMT by James Newton

She is here

Metroid on NES

Bit of a slow week to kick March off, with an NES game on 3DS Virtual Console, a couple of demos and one piece of DSiWare all there is to talk about today.

3DS Virtual Console

Metroid (NES, Nintendo, $4.99) - Samus Aran's first adventure surely needs no introduction, but it's available to buy in the eShop from today. We'll review it in its new portable form very soon.

3DS Demo

CRUSH3D (SEGA, free) - Ahead of the game's belated North American launch, you can try Zoe Mode and SEGA's mind-bending puzzler, then read our CRUSH3D review for the full verdict.

DSiWare

Aahh! Spot the Difference (Gamelion Studios, 200pts) - Another week, another spot the difference game; is this genre the new sudoku? We'll circle the differences between this, Spot the Difference and iSpot Japan in our upcoming review.

WiiWare Demo

Aya and the Cubes of Light (Object Vision Software, full version: 1000pts) - A trial of this intriguing space-set spacial puzzle game, read our Aya and the Cubes of Light review for much more.

That's all, folks. What are you getting today, if anything?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  21 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 32 customers

Search Customer Discussions