Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

iPhone/iPod/iPad Games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 265 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2011 6:17:06 PM PST
Since a few of us have been talking about our iPhone/iPod/iPads on the DS thread lately, I thought I'd create a separate thread where we can discuss our favorite games and exchange recommendations.

I haven't played too many games on my iPhone so far, but these are some of my favorites to date:

Puzzle Agent
Plants vs. Zombies
Angry Birds
Fruit Ninja
Word Jong
Turn: The Lost Artifact
Cut the Rope
Critter Crunch
Frogger
Defend Your Castle
All-in-1 Zombie Box
Buck and the Coin of Destiny
Peggle
Touch Hockey
Crash Nitro Kart 3D

What are some of your favorite games from the App Store?

Posted on Mar 2, 2011 6:23:22 PM PST
Psi Guy says:
Angry Birds
Battleheart
Stick Wars
Tweet Defense
Tap Tap Revenge 2

Posted on Mar 2, 2011 6:42:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 2, 2011 6:43:38 PM PST
MsScarlett says:
Currently playing constantly...
Doodle Jump (still! lol)
Fruit Ninja
Angry Birds
Lets Tans

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2011 7:02:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Aug 16, 2012 12:43:27 PM PDT]

Posted on Mar 2, 2011 11:26:13 PM PST
Raggie says:
My husband is nuts about Angry Birds. :-D My favorite is Doom 2 RPG. If you've played Orcs&Elves, Doom 2 RPG is basically the same thing but with a sci-fi setting.

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 7:41:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2011 7:43:01 AM PST
Cori says:
Yes, thank you, CGGB. I feel like I'm always off-topic and feel so guilty about it.

My obsession is Pocket Frogs. I don't know that I could explain it and make it sound appealing, but I love it! You basically collect frogs through various methods. With all the color/pattern combinations, there are over 14,000 frogs to collect. You don't actually keep them all...in fact you can't. You can only have up to 8 habitats and each habitat can only hold 8 frogs. There is a Froggy Dex, like the Pokedex, which keeps track of the ones you've collected. There are achievements which give experience points (there are levels and each level unlocks new species of frogs) and I find those fun to work on. I think there are 16 levels in the game and I'm on 13. It takes a long time to get through a level after the first few. Oh, plus you can have neighbors and send gifts to each other and visit each others habitats. It's free and the graphics are very nice. I don't have any neighbors at all *hint hint*. I might also mention that there are a couple of mini games available. One is passive on your part. You can enter one of your frogs in a race and if he wins, you either get a cash prize or your choice of one of the competing frogs. It's fun, but you just watch that one. The other is a puzzle game that's actually pretty fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 2:54:22 PM PST
flowerchild says:
Cori: Heyyyy, Just in case you don't know, it's your turn on WWF!

CAM: It's your turn too!

Anybody else interested in playing WWF with me?

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 2:57:34 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 3, 2011 3:13:19 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 3:05:15 PM PST
Christy L says:
I've been playing:

Words with Friends
TanZen
Pottery
Spin Art
Text Twist
Angry Birds
Wheel of Fortune
Doodle God
Coin Dozer Pro
Fling
Slingo

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 4:09:27 PM PST
flowerchild says:
Here are some of my Ipad games, played and unplayed:

Ultimate Word Search
Mushroom Age
Rise of Atlantis
Island HD
Jewel Magic
Sand Slides
Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2011
Ticky Royale
Color Cross HD
Big Bad Sudoku Book 9
DoodleJump
Tappy Sack
Mahjongg Dimensions
Laura Jones
Crystal Portal
Nick Chase
3D Twist
Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua
Azada
Strike Knight
Jigsaw 500 Puzzles
Puppet Show
Padzzle
Puzzle Fun: Fritz and Chesster

Phew, that's about it for now! I hope I helped some others with ideas for games that they may want to play themselves.... 8-)

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 4:27:54 PM PST
Cori, Flower, and C.A., I'd like to play WwF with you, if that's okay. I downloaded the Lite version to try it out for now. How do we connect with each other on the game?

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 4:47:45 PM PST
By the way, my user name on WwF is Classic Game Girl. Original, I know. ;) I'm playing a random match right now, and it's really fun!

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 5:42:42 PM PST
Now I want an IPOD!!!! Can't do it...finally told the hubby today I bought a used dsi....and the Pocket Frog sounds so cute...it makes me wish I had an IPoD. Am curious what Angry Bird game is..will look it up on internet

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 3, 2011 5:43:57 PM PST
Is it an Ipod or an Ipad that I want??!! Crazy huh? What's the difference??!!

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 5:47:32 PM PST
The Pocket Frog and the Angry Birds looked so cute on you tube!! Makes me want an I???? just for those 2 games...like I need another game..like hole in the head!

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 6:38:21 PM PST
Okay, I figured it out, and I'm starting games with each of you now. :)

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 9:23:31 AM PST
Cori says:
flower...I've never received notice that you started a game with me, and I'm assuming you never received notice of the game I started with you. Weird! Are you sure you did chulet? I double checked and flowerchild is who I requested. That's right isn't it?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2011 10:06:10 AM PST
flowerchild says:
You're correct...but I think I may have typed your name in incorrectly. Guess I'm playing a game with a ghost! I'll check and if I did something wrong, I'll re-start a new game! You have my name right....uh oh, I think my name on WWF is. flowerchild1121

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 11:27:46 AM PST
Cori says:
flower...That would explain it! If you don't hear from me for awhile, it's because my dh is playing Sudoku on my iPod. The one I have is called Sudoku 2, by Finger Arts, and it's my favorite Suduko that I've played on any platform.

CGGB...I started out with free WWF and then they had a sale on the paid version and I picked it up for 99 cents. Nothing is different except no ads, so I almost didn't even pay that, but I'm glad I did.

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 3:39:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2011 3:44:16 PM PST
Flowerchild~

I still show 3 games started with you on my iPhone and I can't delete them. I tried to delete the app and re-install, but those 3 games are still on there, so.....please initiate a game with me instead of me doing it. My screen name is "dragongirl121". Anyone else want to help me get a game going, please try. Thnx :-) Oops! I forgot to say that the game in question is Words With Friends.

Posted on Mar 4, 2011 5:01:17 PM PST
Thanks CGGB....tag, your turn.... ;-)

Posted on Mar 5, 2011 11:28:05 AM PST
CGGB & Flowerchild & Chulet~

I will be back to jump into the games this afternoon. I've been multi-tasking all morning, but WWF would have been too much for my poor little brain at the same time.

CGGB~ I am having so much fun. You are a formidable force to be reckoned with!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2011 1:59:56 PM PST
Hey, it's not over yet, SFCG. ;) Seriously, I'm really enjoying it too. Cori and I are on our third round right now, and she's been kicking my butt all over the place! :)

Posted on Mar 5, 2011 5:56:33 PM PST
It's almost 6pm Pacific time and I'm going to pick up WWF in a few minutes.

CGGB~ At the very least, I knew that you would be good at kicking up my level of words That have been tucked away back in the dusty recesses of my mind and get me to use them again! :-) Play On!!!

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 12:20:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2011 12:21:21 AM PST
I've been enjoying WWF so much that I'm also playing regular Scrabble on DS cartridge at the same time. :-)

Multi-tasking.......
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (584 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  265
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions