Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

how many ds games is too many ds games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 122 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 16, 2010 11:02:01 AM PDT
coolgamer says:
I have quite a few ds games, but the thing is I've only successfully beat three of them (I have at least twelve). The ones I've beat have been my favorites, but I want to try to finish the other ones I have. Some of them are purely unbeatable (like Mario Party and Cooking Mama) but other ones I just got stuck.

I'm curious to know if other ds owners try to beat their games before getting a new one or do you just buy a new one when you see one you like?

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 11:41:14 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
I try to finish a game before moving on to the next, although I have a huge backlog for every platform (trying to slowly cut that down...)

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 1:15:29 PM PDT
Kendahl says:
That's like asking "how much money is too much money?"

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 1:56:09 PM PDT
DS games go out of print very quickly, so I nab them as quickly as I can and finish as I feel like it. Don't feel pressured to. Not like it's homework or anything. If you don't feel like playing, don't play. At least you'll have plenty to choose from for when you do.

But yeah, they go out of print very quickly and become very expensive, and the worst part of all, used.

So get'em while you can, but do it at a comfortable pace. I've had mine since last April and have 59 so far. And I'm sorta slowing down (running out of ones I want).

Have fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2010 5:08:21 PM PDT
coolgamer says:
Lol.

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 5:10:02 PM PDT
coolgamer says:
Well thanks for all of the great replies! I can't believe it only took a couple hours... But thats true that when I do play I have PLENTY to choose from. All good points. The worst part is they are pretty expensive for handheld. Some wii games only cost 10 dollars more! Oh well.

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 5:10:41 PM PDT
coolgamer says:
Btw 59 seems like A LOT for only a year...good luck!

Posted on Aug 27, 2010 9:02:35 PM PDT
M.K. says:
I get them as I can- right now, I have 30 domestic, 2 Imports. I just started the DS a couple months ago, but have over 70 domestic titles alone on my *to try* list. I have found I prefer the DS to any other system (primarily ps2 and computer gaming) and I have found I enjoy having the variety on hand. IMO, "too many" just exists if you don't intend on playing them.

Posted on Aug 28, 2010 9:03:06 AM PDT
I know I'm not the only one around here who has over 100. I think you're okay.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 7:29:32 AM PDT
SiK99 says:
I was up to 293 before I started selling them off (down to 71). I think I've completed 12 or so....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 7:42:23 AM PDT
Puzzler says:
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

I think we have a Winner!

293...VERY impressive, SiK99. :-)

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 12:40:19 PM PDT
V. Bagley says:
As long as you don't ask me for any money then you can have as many games as you please, IMO! I think collections of all kinds are pretty cool. :)

I usually have about 10 - 15 at any given time. Once the pile starts stacking up, I start trading here and there. If it's a game I've beaten, it's not likely I'll play it again. I usually take my time in deciding if I'll keep one, if it's a puzzler that I know I'll probably pick up later I'll keep it. If it's something boring, then I'll get rid of it.

Trading makes gaming more economical for me since it's me and my daughter I'm buying for. I make her trade games too, though she puts up a hard fight, ones that she isn't interested in any longer or never really liked in the first place. Plus, a pile too big and I just start to look at games I feel I NEED to play and it feel like a chore.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 1:05:56 PM PDT
Thank you, SiK99. Now I don't feel so bad about my collection! lol ;)

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 3:49:23 PM PDT
293? I must have around 25 and I think that's an awful lot. Most of those I got when I started hanging out around here. You are all a bad influence on me. LOL

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 3:55:44 PM PDT
coolgamer says:
293...Wow! We definitely do have a winner...how long did that take? Geez I have around 15 and I thought I had a lot! At least you finished twelve of them.

Posted on Sep 2, 2010 10:53:23 PM PDT
SiK99 says:
Thing is, I know of at least 3 others (not personally) that have larger collections than the 293 games I was up to. I still have a huge stylus collection though. Over 100 of them, many of which were pre-order bonuses.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 11:19:09 PM PDT
WolfPup says:
Whao...games total I presumably have owned more than that, but I'm sure I've probably owned fewer than 100 DS games. Right now I "only" own 20, though I'm sure I've been through a few times more than that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 11:33:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2010 11:41:49 PM PDT
Wow, that's cool, SiK99. I'm a bit of a collector when it comes to video games, but not so much with accessories thus far. I think the only limited edition styluses I have are the clear feather one from LoZ and a blue Disgaea stylus. What's your favorite? Which do you think are the most interesting and/or rare?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2010 11:34:38 PM PDT
Hey WolfPup, Nice to see you posting again. :) What are you playing right now?

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 7:58:22 AM PDT
I probably have 35 or 40 now. I had about 9 before I started reading this discussion group. A lot of mine are puzzle games that I continue to play so I will keep them. I've had games that I've beaten and traded. Some are games that I've beaten and I have kept to play again. Some are games that I'm playing or need to play.

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 8:13:33 AM PDT
WOW! I truly don't feel so bad now with my collection of games!! LOL My daughter & grandgirls got me my DS Lite for Christmas '08, so in the last 2 1/2 yrs. I've collected 85 DS games (w/several upcoming ones on my list to get) and 26 GBA games (I love that port on my DS Lite for all the cool "retro" games like Zelda & Mario/DK type games). I collect certain hard to come by titles plus favs like Zelda, of course, Super Mario, DK, Yoshi & Kirby! But also into puzzle/strategy type games, so I like having a large collection for the same reason Marina stated, I never know what mood I'll be in for what type of game I'll feel like playing, this way I have plenty of variety! If I wanna sit back and spend some time on a game then I'll pick up an RPG type game, Zelda, DQV, KH358/2...etc., if I'm watchin TV and feel like just messin around I'll pick up something more on the order of Word Jong, Mechanic Master or some type of puzzle/strategy game where you can pause any given time. So, IMO, I think having a collection is a great idea, besides the fact that some of these ARE hard to come by, and I was lucky enuff to pick up a few titles cheap, before somebody decided it was a collector and the price went sky high! I had a real tuff time picking up a couple of my Kirby's and Mario's, and DK Jungle Climber was practically non-existent! So,
Example, I picked up my Word Jong for 4.99....then my daughter-in-law wanted it, I paid almost 20 for it. That's happened with a few games I have, so some of us are collectors and some are strictly players! Game On!!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2010 8:25:46 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Hi! Right now I'm playing two games, both for quite a few weeks now:

-Mass Effect 2-playing it on Xbox though also bought a Windows copy. Really good, though I'm not so sure it's as good as the first one in most ways.
-Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker-also really good. It SHOULD be super confusing to play, given the basic gameplay is already complex, and then on top of it there's this increasingly complex sort of strategy game back end, but they introduce it in pieces and so well that I always feel like I know what's going on (or at least 80-90% of what's going on). I do wish it had difficulty levels like that one (Guns of the Patriots) though, as it does get a bit too hard from time to time.

So too really meaty games right now. I also bought a copy of Mario Kart DS to play with a friend...and either we did something wrong, or the multiplayer just keeps going, and going and going and going... which got super boring, though it's still a pretty fun game to play together.

Last DS game I played (aside from some multiplayer stuff) was Final Fantasy 3 which I finished earlier this year. I might have given it a second shot on your recommendation? I liked it, although I still wish it had been on the PSP with the awesome 2D treatment they did for Final Fantasy 1 and 2.

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 8:29:31 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Oh...in the DS department I was thinking of picking up Dragon Quest 9 tonight with this $15 off Best Buy coupon. I dislike Level 5 (who I GUESS developed it too?) and I ended up not being a fan of anything except Dragon Quest 1 and 2 so far, but still, non-Dragon Quest people are recommending it, so...

Might start Glory of Hercules once I finish MGS Peace Walker, as it's been a while since I've played a straight RPG. I *LOST* my copy of Persona 1 for the PSP. I've NEVER lost a game before, thought it was about time I tried one of those, prefered to try it on a portable, got a good price and the collector's edition...and lost it.

I have no idea how, and I suspect I stuck it somewhere unusual because of the unusual packaging for the CD and whatnot... So Glory of Hercules it is! (Unless I change my mind.) Still haven't played Mario & Luigi 3 yet, but I'm saving that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2010 7:31:45 AM PDT
M. Norton says:
I'm at over a 100 games and most aren't worth playing but you have to buy them to find out! I download a lot of them from nintendo and I'm now up to five systems ds lite (2) dsi (2) and a dsi xl and about 50g of cards filled with games now they've come up with the cards that have about 400 games on them (which I'm going to start selling) It's crazy out there... everytime I find a game I like it takes two years for them to make the follow up and that leaves me with the ps3 which I'm not very good at the controller I like the handhelds better. check out my store sometime wwwpeggystreasures-mmthcom and maybe we can trade games or whatevers.

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 8:55:07 AM PDT
V. Bagley says:
I'd love to see pictures of some of these collections!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (581 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  122
Initial post:  Mar 16, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions