Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Indie for the Holidays in Prime Music Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Oral Hygiene forum

cvs sonic toothbrush

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on Apr 9, 2009 10:13:47 AM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 8, 2008 4:42:51 PM PST
M. mihaelov says:
can somebody give feedback on

Posted on Feb 8, 2009 7:18:02 AM PST
i just got one yesterday. other than the fact that the brissel(in my opinion) are too soft, its and okay also has a uv light, which is also a plus...and 4 extra heads in the box....its good...

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 9:44:37 AM PST
Mackovich says:
A very important warning to my fellow shoppers and to those who shop smart:

There is an Amazon merchant on the web that goes by the name of DAB Nutrition who sells this product or one like it along with many other assorted health care items. If you buy from them be very careful. As of this date (3.02.2010) they do not list any information that pertains to their return policy. A mistake on their part? Probrably not. Not unless they're morons, as Judge Judy would say. They have a Shipping and Return Policy web page, but get this: DAB Nutrition decided to not state their return policy. That's right, even though DAB Nutrition has a Shipping and Return Policy web page, they don't state their return policy. Not one word addresses their return policy. All the information pertains to shipping, none of it addresses their return policy. This could mean that DAB Nutrition doesn't want the buyer to know what their return policy is. I'm passing this on to the reader as it's important should you have to return an item to DAB Nutrition. If you have to return an item to them, your credit card company will want to know what the merchants return policy is in order to refund your money. Since DAB Nutrition doesn't have a return policy listed on their Shipping and Return Policy web page, your credit card company may not refund your money on your behalf.

All of this makes buying from DAB Nutrition a risk and returning any item to them a major hassle. I have posted the link to their Shipping and Return Policy web page as proof. I called DAB Nutrition (800.775.5713). Twice. I spoke with two people, one who stated her name as 'Stephanie' the other who called herself 'Mya'. When I asked them what their return policy is they gave me the classic runaround by stating that I should visit their website. When I said the return policy information was not listed on their website they hung up the phone. I then emailed them asking them what their return policy is (an email is a very good idea since you then have the merchant stating their policy in virtual writing, something your credit card companies dispute department would very much want to read). It's been 10-plus days since I sent that email and DAB Nutrition has yet to respond. I would never purchase an item from an unethical merchant like DAB Nutrition and neither should you the reader.

Caveat emptor: unless you have an unlimited amount of disposable income and don't mind throwing money out the window shop smart and be careful where you spend your money.

DAB Nutritions so-called Shipping and Return policy web page posted March 2, 2010:

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 1:56:08 PM PST
This seemed great because of price but feels like a feather. I went in for my dental cleaning recently after using this since the summer after our oral-b broke, and she was morbidly telling me all the work I had to have done on my teeth and that I should use an electric toothbrush! I had the first work done on Monday and am still on my tylenol and codeine. Ouch! I am online searching between the oral-b and sonicare and would have felt awful if I hadn't told you about my experience. I tried to save money, which with all the new crowns and dental work, I sure didn't do. When I used to go in for a cleaning when using my old sonic brush, she told me I barely had any plaque! It feels like there is little pressure when your brush hits your teeth, so I can safely say I think the brush just didn't do its job. Wasn't worth saving the extra cash, definitely not worth all the pain!

Posted on Jun 5, 2012 1:58:09 PM PDT
cobbler says:
The cvs sonic toothbrush may well be the healthiest one on the market, though it has important, but easy to handle, quirks:
1. Keep it in the charger -- I bought mine 5 years ago and had to return it for exchange twice because I mistakenly let it discharge fully, after which it wouldn't restart. While they ran, those toothbrushes all behaved exactly the same. I now keep the toothbrush in its charger, and it still works perfectly after 5 years.

2. Forget CVS's replacement brushheads -- Replacement heads for the Pursonic S400/S450/S600 fit fine, seem to be of even better quality and cost as little as $2-3. The CVS brand replacement heads are soft enough, but get splayed outward relatively quickly and are grossly overpriced.

The CVS sonic toothbrush (as of 5 years ago) is gentler than most if not all of its "sonic" competition. Much gentler than the new Sonicare that my wife uses. Now that I've discovered how to avoid CVS's exorbitant replacement brush head prices, I expect to be able to give her the very real benefit of upgrading to the lower cost CVS product. I just hope they still sell it. Fwiw, CVS's marketing strategy has put me off shopping there, but for this toothbrush, which is unsurpassed where it really counts, I'll make an exception.

In reply to an earlier post on May 12, 2014 7:25:19 PM PDT
choirboyme says:
Thank you! That toothbrush is my favorite and they don't sell the replacement heads anymore!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Oral Hygiene forum (12 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Oral Hygiene forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2008
Latest post:  May 12, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions