Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale
Customer Discussions > Pain Relief forum

ultrasonic massager for pain ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 23, 2010 4:08:41 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2010 5:55:33 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2010 10:49:38 AM PST
BlindEye says:
Hi Brenda,
Following a difficult ankle fusion surgury, I had a 3 to 4 inch inscision wound on the outside ball of my ankle that didn't want to close or fuse. My Ortho Surgeon at the V.A. issued an ultrasonic stimulator to me that helped the wound eventually close, probably by increasing blood flow I'm guessing. It also stimulated bone growth really well (its main purpose) to complete the fusion of my ankle. The unit was the EXOGEN 2000 +, made by Smith&Nephew in Memphis, TN ( www.smith-nephew.com ). It emits a pulsed low-intensity ultrasound signal at 1.5 MHz. I never felt anything while using it, no hum, no buzz, no tingle, nothing. Unfortunately, it looks like these guys don't make anything for your kind of pain yet. Maybe you could call their Exogen Systems sales dept and ask for a recommendation.
Sounds like you already have a device picked out. This one claims relief for your condition:
( http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Relief-Portable-Ultrasound-Device/dp/B000IVEW96 )
There are a lot of similar products on this Amazon web page too, both ultrasonic and infrared.
I have Psoriatic Arthritis, it's kind of like Rheumatoid Arthritis with a bonus skin condition thrown in. Lately, for pain, I've been using a TENS Unit that emits low strength electrical pulses to adhesive electrodes which somehow cancel out the pain signals moving up the nerve from wherever you stick the electrodes. Works great on my back, shoulder, thigh and knee. But for some reason, it won't work below the knee. Nerves are too long for the cancelling signals to be effective. Too bad, it'd be perfect for your feet. My old standby when all else fails is Ice Packs, they never fail.
You need to ask your Foot Doctor for an equipment recommendation before you buy anything. Salespeople will often leave samples of new therapy equipment with a doctor to try out on their patients. That's how I got my ultrasonic stimulator, free. Maybe you'll get lucky too, sounds like you're overdue for some good fortune. I can see how ultrasonic treatment may help you, but Infrared is just heat, right? You can get that from a microwaved gel pack.
OK, I'm way beyond my BS limit here.
Good Luck Brenda,

Hey, here's a pretty good PF Forum: ( http://talk.plantar-fasciitis.org )
Milt

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2010 7:24:57 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Mar 1, 2010 5:56:10 PM PST]

Posted on Oct 30, 2010 8:27:22 PM PDT
Sorry for you difficulties. I am a family doc who does acupuncture for pain therapy. You will fine it rewarding to add this therapy to whatever you are doing. Dr. Rodrigues

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2010 6:50:26 PM PST
nnuview says:
Dr. Rodrigues we do not have health insurance so my son cannot go to the doctor when he was 10 (11) years ago he was told he had scoliosis. Well his pain has gotten worse since then and he has been taking tramadol lately but it doesn't really help to take his pain away. And since we don't have health coverage no one will really investigate as to why he has this pain. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can take him to have someone find out what is wrong with him. He is 21 years old and sometimes cannot even get out of bed due to pain. And his pain gives him really bad headaches, his neck and back also hurt. Where should we start? I am a single mom living in GA and want to help my son lead a normal life as he is a father and is unable to help out with the baby most of the time. Please give us some hope and advice.

Posted on Dec 11, 2010 11:33:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2010 11:41:27 AM PST
The bulk of what he needs to get his life back is cheap and within reach of family and friends and a general doctor who will listen. Ghee, my office visits run from 75-125 bucks.
1. Y'all need to get him on a wellness program of diet, exercise, stretching massage, vitamins and minerals. In all my chronic pain patients I assume they are all deficient in magnesium a vital mineral that helps muscles to relax. Epsom's Salts soaks are important.
Epsom Salt 16 Oz
The magnesium I suggest is KAL - Magnesium Glycinate, 400 mg, 180 tablets
2. Anyone who has unresolved pain issues over years has burned out their serotonin level as in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders. He needs a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor. The Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook: A Guide to Healing, Recovery, and Growth
3. All opiates and tramadol will muck up the healing process and he needs to wean himself off of them. If he can't their is a rescue medicine call Suboxone that will help. It is counter-intuitive but pain medicines make chronic pain worse and none will help patients feel better! Remember the massage, acupuncture, stretching, yoga and acupressure:Acupressure's Potent Points: a Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments will reprogram the sick/stressed muscle tissue.
I am not sure what I can say in this discussion but if it is deleted just look me up via Google and I will try and guide you in the best direction.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Pain Relief forum (9 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Pain Relief forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 23, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 11, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions