Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Read, Reading, Planning to Read (and ...) - Part 5 (Enablers and Addicts Unite:)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4101-4125 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 10, 2014 11:28:40 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2014 11:29:03 AM PST
Ezinwanyi says:
@mom of 3 & Vanessa: Re: Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack Series)
I am barely over an hour into the audiobook...at the club "marking" of Taryn.
I have been hitting the rewind button over and over again. Hawt, Hawt, Hawt!

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 12:21:08 PM PST
Mom of 3 says:
@Ezi...If you are rewinding there, you are going to be in for a long story (cuz you will be rewinding A LOT )!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 12:25:23 PM PST
Ezinwanyi says:
Um, Mom of 3, I meant to hit reply but I think I may hit vote down or something. If so, I am very sorry as it was an accident.

I have bookmarked it and moved on now. Um, Taryn is quite expressive in the throes of passion.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 12:40:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2014 12:40:25 PM PST
Carol B. says:
Vanessa - I think RickyBo behaved the way he did because he doesn't have control of his cat. Remember in the previous chapter... he almost started biting Jane's neck and he wasn't aware of it. Anyway I agree he was a jerk!! But I don't want Bruiser.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 12:40:20 PM PST
Lulu says:
Yasamin, is Forsaken (the new Jaquelyn Frank book) still continuing in the world of the Bodywalkers with the body sharing stuff of ancient Egyptians?

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 12:48:04 PM PST
Ezinwanyi says:
Yasamin & Lulu: I stopped at book 2 of the Bodywalkers because it was just too confusing. But book 1 made it seem like J.Frank would merge this world with Noah's world. Is there a crossover? Have the other characters like Gideon or even Damien made appearances?

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 1:09:05 PM PST
Re Jane's HEA (okay, forget HEA...we just want a darn boyfriend!)...I'm reading Black Arts: A Jane Yellowrock Novel now and no Ricky Bo anything in sight yet so I don't know how he screws up, but after the novella in Jane Yellowrock World Companion: (InterMix), oh my gosh, there's HOPE for Rick! I like Bruiser (except in the last book when you know what happened) but...there's the ick factor from Leo and even though he and Jane have great chemistry, I really think she's destined to be with Rick.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 1:23:58 PM PST
Vanessa C says:
Carol... I actually said the same thing in my original post but I accidentally deleted it and went for simplicity instead. i really wanted Gee to say something, but he didn't and I wonder why. I think that he could have said something to Jane and I think that the "bi***" was sent there by the other big cat ( from the previous "gathering"), because Jane pulled rank on him when Ricky was first changed. It was a good way to get back at Jane. Jane described her as smelling like him.

Mom of 3 and Ezi... What do you think about the "old" lady, she's something else!! I actually like the second book a little better too, and I can't wait for the next one.

S.E.... I have always wanted him to be Jane's HEA or HFN, and I have always been pulling for them, but now, I can't say that. You'll see.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 1:30:10 PM PST
LAB says:
Can I read the World of Night walker books without reading the original nightwalker books?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 1:51:02 PM PST
Vinity says:
Melindeeloo, I did Hard Magic in Audio. It's Bronson Pinchot and he's fabulous

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 2:56:38 PM PST
The new Nightwalker book Forged: The World of Nightwalkers starts the idea of merging the worlds, probably won't happen for another book after that at best. There is a reason for them not being together already but it would be a spoiler to say it :)

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 2:59:44 PM PST
Vanessa C says:
Has anyone read this book? Speaks the Nightbird: A Novel (Matthew Corbett) is todays Audible daily deal. It sounds interesting. It is supposed to be a mystery / historical/ arcane book. I've never read anything by Robert McCammon.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 3:09:48 PM PST
Don't know if anyone already posted this but there are a couple of Charley Davidson stories for free on her site Glow and Shimmer, this is the link for Glow and the link for Shuimmer is at the end of the story.

http://www.daryndajones.com/glow-by-darynda-jones-shimmer-as-told-through-the-eyes-of-reyes-farrow/

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 3:53:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2014 3:55:12 PM PST
Lulu says:
Ezi, I did the same, stopped reading that Jacquelyn Frank series because it was too crowded and confusing. 4 people, 1 relationship :-). If Frank has moved away from that and is tying the series more closely to the Nightwalkers, I might try Forsaken especially if Jacob, Gideon, Noah, and the rest show up.
ETA: Sorry, didn't see Doug's post. I think Forged is the one that is coming out in April. Forsaken is out now. So, in Forsaken, she is linking up with the Nightwalkers?

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 3:56:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2014 3:59:38 PM PST
melindeeloo says:
I also read Howling For You: A Chicagoland Vampires Novella (A Penguin Special from New American Library), it was okay and quite short 88pages (and only 68% of the book, the rest was a tease for the next book) - I guess I was a little disappointed since I came in expecting a "jeff story" and he was in it but it wasn't from his POV so, he didn't have the screen time that I wanted from him.

I finished up Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone) in audio, this was a really good book - the writing was excellent and translated well to audio, and the world building was fascinating and intricate. It ends on a pretty big revelation, that makes me nervous for the next book so I think I will wait until close to the release of the third book until I continue (though my daughter said she liked the second book even though it was darker)

Since I finished up both my in the works books, I started the previous Jane Yellowrock in audio and Bitter Spirits (Roaring Twenties), which looks interesting, on Kindle. I never used to have more than one book going and now I almost always have more than two - who'd have thought.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 3:58:55 PM PST
melindeeloo says:
Thanks to everyone for the take on Hard Magic (I am adding it to my wishlist for the next time I spend a credit) and as to the Jane's guy discussion - I am anti Bruiser (he's not his own man), and anti Leo (just no), I wouldn't mind Rick and I am sorry to hear that Hunter took Eli out of the picture, because I liked him alot.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 4:32:36 PM PST
Forged: The World of Nightwalkers is taking place in the same "world" as Forsaken: The World of Nightwalkers and a few characters from Forsaken: The World of Nightwalkers are in Forged: The World of Nightwalkers. The Nightwalker world is divided into apporx 12 races (for lack of a better term) and that might change BUT the problem is that 6 of them have no idea of the other 6. While Forged: The World of Nightwalkers did not bowl me over the overarching storyline looks REALLY good and there is a reason for that divide that will have to be solved. Her series has crossed into both sides of this divide and now it seems she will be bringing them together in a future book very soon.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 5:02:55 PM PST
Vanessa C says:
Thanks Doug for that quick peek into the Charley Davidson and Reyes Farrow evening at home. I especially like what she thought at the end of Glow.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 5:25:47 PM PST
Bruiser is no longer bound to Leo and at this point he no longer works for him. I think there's still a lot of loyalty there though.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 5:30:57 PM PST
Lulu says:
Doug, thank you! Has she left the the Bodywalkers behind? No more Egyptian kings and queens being born again and sharing bodies with modern humans?

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 5:47:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2014 6:11:04 PM PST
@Lulu - They are there but I am not sure about anymore being "born", I could say more but there are a lot of spoilers in Forged that will be used in upcoming novels. It is quite a crowded universe she has put together and she has to bring them all together to fight off the Goddess/Queen/Big Bad Thingy in a novel in the near future it would seem but she may drag it out a bit. I think she is going to move to a romance background for some of the other "races" while moving the overarching story along. I was kinda disappointed at the romance part of Forged but for a 4+ Star book in many ways the romance was 3 Star at best IMHO. Too much "mine" type thinking and I am big on H/h apologizing to friends when they act badly and that did not happen in at least one instance of over the top alpha male behavior . The overarching storyline is what will keep me coming back to this series. Other than Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms) I have yet to read a really good book about gargoyles :(

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 5:50:23 PM PST
As a note, anyone that has not read Stone Guardian (Entwined Realms) really should, a very good book about Gargoyles as a love interest along with a very good UF type story as background. Of course let me link my review LOL

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1IVEFCWN9Z6L/

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2014 6:04:33 PM PST
Vinity says:
On Jane Yellowrock's love life. HATE Rickybo! Hate Leo and Bruiser. I LIKED Eli. I think if he's really out of the running I'll wait on this book a while.

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 7:18:05 PM PST
Vanessa C says:
Vinity... Eli has such a good relationship with Jane, as a brother. He and the kid offer her a stable, (as much as it can be in their line of work), home life. This book is so much more than Jane's love life. I think that there has been a big shift in the New Orleans storyline. Jane is starting to have friends and family, which she has craved her whole life. Don't give up now, there is much to learn about her in Black Arts. Some very surprising things happen, making this book a turning point. Don't those who have read it agree?

I finished the novella, Howling For You: A Chicagoland Vampires Novella (A Penguin Special from New American Library), which is in Fallon Keane's point of view. Like melindeeloo, I thought this was going to be Jeff's voice, but instead we got Fallon. I liked the novella, and the outcome, but I must say the "big reveal" was pretty transparent, I guessed it right off. We also get a two chapter sneak peek into the next book, Wild Things: A Chicagolands Vampire Novel (Chicagoland Vampires), which will be out February 4th.

I'm reading The Professional: Part 1, and I'm not far enough into it to decide if it is for me, yet. ;-}

Posted on Jan 10, 2014 7:23:21 PM PST
Lulu says:
@Doug, thank you! I think Christine Warren also recently wrote a gargoyle book but melindeeloo wasn't too impressed.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Paranormal Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  112
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Sep 13, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 22, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers

Search Customer Discussions