Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Week-End Reading May 11th-13th

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 10, 2012 8:48:26 PM PDT
perriwinkle says:
OMG!! I am soooo ready for this looonnngg week to be over! But Happy Mom's day to all you mom. 2 legged & $ legged both, I'm the 4 legged kind. 3 dogs & 1 cat. Hubby & I are pet people.
This week-end I'm reading Soul Thief by Jana Oliver. Only 24% in but liking it.

Happy Reading All =)

Posted on May 10, 2012 9:27:14 PM PDT
I am basically reading three books, right now. Read one, set it down and grab another read awhile, grab another. My brain cells are going south,northwest...
100 pages left in one and about a third of the way on the others.
Too much static from other sources (you know sometimes life gets in the way), so reading not doing its' distracting job right now.
Have a great weekend and enjoy mothers day.
I looked up to the sky and yelled out to my mom, happy mothers day and happy birthday, just in case she was listening in. (My mom passed away a few years back).

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:38:51 AM PDT
Vanessa C says:
Hi all... I've just started the PSY-Changeling novels. I know I'm the last to read them but I just never did. I've read pretty near everything else, as far as series go. (All of the popular ones anyway).
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

Happy Reading All and Here's to a Safe, & Happy Weekend ! ***She raises her imaginary glass***

Posted on May 11, 2012 3:40:17 AM PDT
Vanessa C says:
frisco... My mom's there too. Maybe they've met, and are discussing us and books. :-}

Posted on May 11, 2012 5:04:57 AM PDT
This weekend I should get Insurgent finished, and then according to my master plan to attack the TBR pile I should be reading the first Dragonfury book from Coreene Callahan.

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:01:18 AM PDT
CLB77 says:
I'll finish up The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Trilogy, Book 1) today, and then it will be a fight to see if I go back and finish Beautiful Chaos (Beautiful Creatures) or start City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments).

From what I've been hearing, I half don't want to finish BC until it's closer to the release for Beautiful Redemption (Beautiful Creatures).

Posted on May 11, 2012 9:42:51 AM PDT
I started First Grave on the Right this morning. If I love, and it looks like I will, I'll probably move on the the second book in the series. Otherwise I have the Edge series by Ilona Andrews waiting for me.

Posted on May 11, 2012 12:40:06 PM PDT
A. Davis says:
@FoundQuilting - a lot of us really like that series. Hopefully you end up enjoying it as well. :)

I plan on finishing Bitterblue (Graceling). It's going surprisingly slowly considering how much I LOVED Graceling. I think it's because Graceling had a lot more action, and Bitterblue is more of a psychological/political thriller. Plus, Bitterblue is over 500 pages. Sheesh, between Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood), Born of Silence (The League) and Bitterblue, it's been taking me a while to get through my TBR pile.

Posted on May 11, 2012 12:50:13 PM PDT
kari says:
I'm going to finish up Under My Skin (Wildlings) by Charles de Lint and then read Sherry's Wolf (After the Crash) by Maddy Barone. If I have time, I'll start Riders On The Storm (The Tsunami Blue Series) by Gayle Ann Williams.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms. :-)
Your reply to kari's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

Posted on May 11, 2012 1:01:06 PM PDT
foxtail_too says:
Kate Daniels, finally! I'm well into Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, Book 1). I also realized that I read a novella in the series at one point - it must have been in one of the anthologies with one of Nalini Singh's books.

Kristi

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 5:35:30 PM PDT
Vanessa C: oh, geez... I don't know if I want to know that conversation. I can hear my mom now... how I don't load the dishwasher right and sort my laundry in the right dark vs light combo... makes me laugh and smile. Yep... we were roommates and mom and daughter. Mom and I would friendly argue over the qualities of waffles vs. pancakes. Hmm... never did win that argument.
My mom got me into reading but I loved books and she loved magazines and newspapers. She would holler that I would zone out when reading and not hear her call out that food was ready (she'd cook, I would do clean-up) or you know I would miss the conversation that was going on.( yep, she was right)
I am on re-read some favorites mode right now.

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:37:14 PM PDT
Vanessa C says:
frisco... My mom was a reader too, books, 2 daily newspapers and magazines. She was my backup, when I wanted to see a show or concert or a movie, she would go. When we got older, my parents and my boyfriend, now husband, and I would travel, mostly cruises. She loved to try new cuisines. There are so many things that I miss about her and think about with a smile on my face. So, here's a shout out to moms, whether it is to heaven or not.:-}

Still reading Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh, and loving it.

Posted on May 13, 2012 12:06:04 PM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Happy mothers day to all:)

(and thanks for the reminder to appreciated my mom more - mine knows how to push my buttons so she don't always get the appreciation she deserves)

My family took me to see Avenger's again (in 3D) for mom's day and out to a pancake dinner:)

Not sure what I'm reading today maybe A Blood Seduction: A Vamp City Novel, I think someone here mentioned it last week. 2

Posted on May 13, 2012 4:01:51 PM PDT
Vanessa C says:
I went to see the Avengers last Tuesday with my friend. We waited until the very end like you all told us to do. Not a soul except my friend and I stayed until the end, they all left after the 1st scene. How was the 3D? Did you see it in IMAX?

Posted on May 13, 2012 4:31:02 PM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Vanessa - just plain old 3D - and you know, honestly I don't think the 3D added much - so you got to see Swarma, was it worth it? the scene is more interesting if you know to look for some odd things like the reason that Chris Evans keeps his hand over his face the whole time is that they got the actors back together for the scene later and he'd grown a beard for his next film:)

Posted on May 13, 2012 7:16:17 PM PDT
Tiger Lily says:
I just finished Lover Reborn by Ward and I am beginning Tricked by Hearne. Lover Reborn was good (I didn't want to like it as I am pro-Wellsie) but I did. I read Hearne's three other books in the Iron Druid Chronicles and really liked them all even though I don't usually go for a male-only lead. I usually prefer a female or a couple as the lead.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0x9f9738c4)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  May 10, 2012
Latest post:  May 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions