Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Read, Reading, Planning to Read (and more) ...Part 3:)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4726-4750 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 12:08:02 AM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
I haven't got my copy yet of Fear the Darkness. Do you think being Caine and Cassandra's book it was the end of the series, Melindeeloo or will Alexandra Ivy keep on churning them out?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 12:20:26 AM PDT
Vinity says:
I think there are a LOT of 3 &4G ipads out there. I'd only get a tablet with 4g. I don't have a data plan on my phone cause I'm nearly always at the farm where my wifi usually even reaches the barn with my itouch. I tend to check the weather to know how to dress the horses or how to stable them at night. Anyway, if I'm going to get a data plan I'd only do it with a tablet cause I think the phone stuff is just too small to navigate.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:36:53 AM PDT
fogarty says:
Ok also I am about a week behind or so but have to once again say I am loving throne of glass

Possible spoiler so don't read if u haven't read

Doug and anyone who read when reading I like to theorize a lot I do this when watching tv too ( that's why I watch a lt of tv alone) anyway here goes so far

Cleans is the princes of her home land her mom and dad ( king and queen ) where killed by an assassin and when he went to I'll her she killed him instead or it was the king of assassins and she escaped but he later found her half dead by river bank.

Also she is a very distant relative to Dorian

Because the both decent from the original king and queen of ( cant sp) adnherer

Not sure how I feel about the love triangle they have going on right now. I wil let u know because I like both the prince and the captain of the guard.

Ok well heading home today happy reading all.

Up next is Alexandra ivy ( one. I get home and can upload it to my kindle lol)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:56:10 AM PDT
Cace411 says:
Fogarty - Glad you are enjoying Throne of Glass! I loved both the Prince and Captain too and couldnt decide who to root for. I dont know how far along you are in the book but I have another theory on Celaena's roots as well. I can't wait for the next book. Hopefully, we will find out all about her past, she finds out about Arobynn and gets her revenge!!

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:28:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 31, 2012 12:33:50 PM PDT
T. Petty says:
@fogarty and Cace- I loved Throne too. I can't wait for the next installment to see what our little assassin does next. I believe Aroynn? plays a big part in her past, even though he wasn't in Throne much. I loved the princess too(can't think of her name Nehemia?), hope she gets a bigger part too.

I finished Tangle of Need in audio last night- it seemed long to me. Another great one from Singh though. Riaz was a little brooding @ times, but I liked him. Andria was a great, strong heroine. Loved the snippets of Sienna and Hawke adjusting to their mating. I found myself fast forwarding the Psy parts, but I can't wait to see what happens with Kaleb. Wonder who will be the next couple?

Still reading Obsidian (New Species, Book Eight), his story reminds me of Slade (New Species, Book Two) a little, a good sign because his story was one of my favs.

I also started listening to The Witness came highly recommended from some of you .

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:53:54 AM PDT
Rena Ruadh says:
Well, I've nearly finished my first Ilona Andrews book, Magic Bites, and I am hooked. Utterly, utterly hooked. I've ordered the next books now. I've also ordered Larissa Ione books, the first Demonica and the first of the other series.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:08:15 AM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Aussie - I don't think that Ivy is ending the series, like T said there are two things left open at the end and she was obviously grooming a new leading man, though I think that I might have heard that Santiago and the mist walking female vamp from the previous book are up next - which would make sense in some ways because of a certain tie that Santiago has.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:09:45 AM PDT
@Rena - Welcome to the addiction :)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:21:48 AM PDT
So, FINALLY back from the Caribbean :-) and I thought I would check in! And here's a wedding picture...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4525221378012&l=77b47a4218

If anyone is looking for an all inclusive resort on a beach somewhere, Beaches in Turks and Caicos was awesome!! Food was really good to great, accommodations were amazing, service was five star...we plan on going back again next year :-). Not inexpensive but you get a lot for your money.

And for the Kindle discussion...I would think about buying the lighted Kindle when it comes out. For reading in the house and in bed, I mostly use my ipad because I like not having a separate light. For outdoors, I have my Kindle touch and it's a perfect size for carrying around (fits in a purse) and is light weight. You just can't read the ipad in bright light.

Have to go to work...will catch up on book reviews later!

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:33:52 AM PDT
@Michele - Glad to have you back, gee it was really tuff having to stay a few extra days due to the weather :) I should have such bad luck LOL

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 6:36:51 AM PDT
Lalo says:
I recently finished The Master of Whitehall. Very different kind of vampire romance book. Heavy on the romance. Vampire story is interesting. Not the tortured, "I don't wanna be a monster" thing so many have today. Just a very sweet love story where one happens to be a vampire.

I may have to read Throne of Glass.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:04:08 AM PDT
@Lalo - The Master of Whitehall was a good book and a different vibe than most of the other vampire romance books you read, I enjoyed it but I wonder how long it might take Rick to actually come up with the sequel :) He still randomly drops in but I think he is like a lot of us and spends so much time reading that the writing is on his on pace but then again that is the beauty of self publishing :)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:04:59 AM PDT
foxtail_too says:
Welcome back, Michele, and congratulations on your wedding! Lovely picture!

Kristi

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 7:05:03 AM PDT
Susie says:
Lalo - I am sure Rick will be very happy to read that.... :-))

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 7:06:06 AM PDT
Susie says:
Welcome Rena - there are lots of good recommendations to be had here :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 7:07:24 AM PDT
Susie says:
Lovely photo of you and yours Michele..... the three of you look happy :-))

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:21:36 AM PDT
Vanessa C says:
Well Rena we knew you would like both of those series. As you can guess , the problem isn't in the great recs. It's in the deciding which one and the time required to do it. Happy Reading, both are excellent reads.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:25:49 AM PDT
Lulu says:
The next Guardians of Eternity book is "Darkness Avenged" though the link isn't yet up on Amazon. So far, I'm really liking Fear the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity) and like melindeeloo said, almost all the old characters are in the book. I like that though as I've wanted to catch up with some of them. Only about 65% of the way through and I think the only characters we haven't seen are Anna and Cezar and Dante and Abby.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:45:00 AM PDT
Vanessa C says:
Not that I need anymore series to read, but, what is the Guardians of Eternity series about? It sounds more PNR than UF. How many books are out? Are there a lot more to be released? Should I wait for the series to complete to read them?

On another note, I received an audible email and it offered the psy/changeling series for $7.95 per book. It expires on 8/31.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:57:01 AM PDT
Lulu says:
Vanessa, Guardians of Eternity is definitely PNR with a HEA at the end of each. There are 9 books out, with a couple of novellas as well in separate anthologies. Book 10 is out next year. There are almost two separate story arcs, one that involved a powerful mythological figure that was resolved about half-way through the series and now this arc that seems to have been concluded with book 9. Characters include vampires, the were, a fairy or two, the Dark Lord appearing as the Big Evil, and a stunted gargoyle for comic relief. It's fun and fairly light. Like so many first books in series, book 1 isn't the best When Darkness Comes (Guardians of Eternity).

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:05:55 AM PDT
Hi Lulu,

I was holding off on continuing the Guardians of Eternity books but now I'm pumped to read Cain and Cassandra's story.

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:31:34 AM PDT
Vanessa C says:
Thanks Lulu. I have wondered about this series for a while. I love lots of different creatures I think I'll up these on my TBR pile.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 8:37:05 AM PDT
I actually really liked When Darkness Comes. It's one of the few books I have reread. The last couple of books have not been my favorites. There has gotten too many creatures. I didn't finish Bound By Darkness, book 8. I think I just got bored. However, Fear the Darkness is holding my attention. I like the bad-guy-turned-good story line and I think Ivy does it well.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 8:58:07 AM PDT
Vinity says:
@Michele~ Congrats on having a wonderful vacation. :) Looks awesome. I sent you a friend request on FB

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 31, 2012 9:05:25 AM PDT
Vinity says:
Audible and amazon is ABSOLUTELY sure I'm gonna love Nalini. LOL They constantly send me that suggestion. No, no I'm not. Even if I'm the only one who doesn't like her. The only one I liked was the Psy/Changling with the cat/wolf one. I don't even remember the name? I'll prolly read the very last one in the series to find out who all the mystery people {ghost?} are but I just can't do the couple up thing with her. She has a repetitive phrasing writing style that drives me insane. It's sad cause I really find the world building interesting.

Does anyone else have a series like that? Where you like the characters, the worldbuilding but the writing style causes you to not enjoy the series?
Discussion locked

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  108
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 30 customers

Search Customer Discussions