Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage BestoftheYear Shop Now HTL
Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Read, Reading, Planning to Read .... Part two:)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7226-7250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 24, 2012 4:29:59 PM PDT
Vinity says:
Well, you're not close at all LMAO. Heck people in DC are closer :( Oh well.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 4:49:38 PM PDT
@FQ - " Demonica series. ........ I started it but couldn't really get into the whole demon thing" - I had a hard time getting through book 1 but the rest were much better and book 3 was awesome, just be aware that her books border on erotica in many situations.

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:15:40 PM PDT
C.Fang says:
fogarty - awesome, we should definitely meet up for lunch! It would be nice to put a face to the screen name ;) Lol, I actually laughed out loud on your driving question.

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:55:19 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 24, 2012 5:57:05 PM PDT
Vinity: I think it was you who mentioned listening to books as you work. I am probably one of the few people who doesn't own an ipod or something similar and my cell phone, well it is just a phone (not a fan of all the bells and whistles)... long story short.Ha. anyways, I went to my library and got several J.D.Robb .. in death on cds to listen while I drive and wowser! The woman, Susan Ericksen, just rocks as she does the voices and the accent she gives Peabody makes me laugh,but the accent she gives Roarke...oooh, boy.
Needless to say I am now hooked... thanks for the heads up on this.
Even when I am done driving I find myself sitting in the driveway listening a little bit longer. That is how addictive her reading voice is.
Just starting to read: Deadly Descendant, only on page 4 but liking it so far.

Posted on May 24, 2012 5:56:59 PM PDT
Aussie Girl says:
yay, Yay, Yay, my Lethal Rider has arrived. But oh no, family commitments this weekend mean I probably can't get stuck into it.

The next Midnight Breed is entitled Edge of Dawn which I liked, I wonder if subsequent books will have "Dawn" in the title...

Wow, C Fang working in the Chrysler Building and Fogarty is it the Rockefeller Centre you work in ??? .... They are like dreamy holiday destinations to me...

Posted on May 24, 2012 6:39:54 PM PDT
Lulu says:
fogarty, haven't yet read Lethal Rider. Not sure I'm going to but let me know what you think.

Posted on May 24, 2012 7:14:47 PM PDT
Vanessa C says:
Bea and Vinity... I live in Connecticut, but all of my mothers' family is from the Hickory area. I was just down there in April for my cousins' wedding and to visit my 96 year old grandmother. Small world just got smaller. :-} ( Also, Dicey is originally from NC.)

Posted on May 24, 2012 7:17:58 PM PDT
Vanessa C says:
Lulu if you haven't read any of the Lords of deliverance books at least read the first ones, then Lethal Rider. That book is the best of the 3.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012 8:24:30 PM PDT
Susie says:
Thanks Annabelle :-)

Posted on May 24, 2012 9:58:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 6:13:43 AM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Well it's been a busy week for me with impending end of the school year stuff (including some 'lasts' for my soon to be graduating senior) and it's been mixed in the reading department.

I am stalled out on an ARC I was reading A Blood Seduction: A Vamp City Novel - I was expecting a romance since all of Palmer's other series are PNR, but it's more on the UF since and I am not a huge vamp fan and these are my least favorite kind of vamps - preditors who feed on pain and fear.

On the good side though I was fortunate to receive an ARC of the final Elemental Mysteries book, A Fall of Water and I was happy with the wrap up to the four book arc and that it looks like Hunter isn't done with this world yet - my review is on Goodreads, but has mild spoilers for those who haven't read book 3.

I also finished a new series starterEmbrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned) which I liked despite frustration with the heroine - which kept me on the fence during the first half of the book trying to decide whether I thought that I was going end up liking the book - but I am hero-centric and I liked the hero and I think this world has a lot of promise: damned Viking warriors in service to the god Loki fight against the minions of the goddess Hel to try and stave off Ragnarak (the Norse Armeggedon) - the world also has witches, sorcerers and Valkaries, and I am not sure but with Loki doing the match making, I am thinking that he is picking mates that are oh so wrong for his warriors as a cruel joke.

Posted on May 24, 2012 10:00:00 PM PDT
D. Politis says:
I read and finished Dire Needs. It features these Direwolves who are immortal werewolves. Evil witches and "weretrappers" and lots of angst. It reminded me a lot of a BDB rip off. The character Vice was a dead ringer for Vishous. I felt like this book had a lot of potential but the author couldn't live up to it. She kept info dumping about characters. Hmmm, let me introduce you to this character and then info dump a ton of bricks on you. I'll probably try book 2 in November when it comes out to see if she gets any better.

I also read Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley. I know it's not pnr or uf but I wanted to read about a biker bad boy. Sadly, this author's writing is too repetitious for me. Every book is very similar. Every heroine is referred to as "sweet" by the hero. Every heroine loves shoes and clothes. Every hero has a crazy ex in the wings who shows up to make new girlfriend miserable. Every hero mysteriously loves to talk about their feelings. In detail. Every heroine will get kidnapped at least once, possibly twice, in every book. Sigh. Her earlier book Golden Dynasty is still amazing though.

This weekend I am going to watch season 2 of the Big Bang Theory. I don't know what planet I was on that I never watched this show but I am hooked now. I ripped through season 1 in less than a week.

@Fogarty: Game of Thrones SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER Mrs. Stark aka Catlyn let Jamie Lannister go because she wants Sansa and Aria back. She knew Rob wouldn't agree so she just did it against his orders. So he put a guard on her and confined her to her tent. She sent Brienne (the lady knight) to help SPOILER SPOILER Jamie return to King's Landing. (This was a dumb move because Cersei has no reason to return Sansa and she doesn't even have Aria. Dumb Mrs. Stark) I am really disappointed this season in Daenarys. We keep waiting for her to do something and then the dragons get kidnapped and her people killed and she doesn't even have a plan. "I'm going to go to the House of the Undying because I have magic so I'll get out somehow" Riiiiiight.

Posted on May 24, 2012 10:28:38 PM PDT
A. Davis says: better start ducking! I'm sure most of us are wanting to throw things at you because you got to read A Fall of Water two weeks before the rest of us. You suck! ;)

Posted on May 25, 2012 3:01:32 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 3:18:48 AM PDT
replaced this post with below as what I will submit as my review with no spoliers

Posted on May 25, 2012 3:05:08 AM PDT
Susie says:
Doug and melindeeloo - I am so envious of you guys for getting to read A Fall of Water..... big sigh.... glad it was good as we all thought it would be.... I can't wait to read it.

Posted on May 25, 2012 3:24:15 AM PDT
I have been quietly reading A Fall of Water that Elizabeth Hunter shared with me and kept me awake late last night to finish it and still has me thinking about it this morning. It is another 5 Star bittersweet ending to a series that far exceeded my expectations when I spent 99 cents to buy A Hidden Fire: Elemental Mysteries Book 1 and could not get my mouse out fast enough to 1-Click This Same Earth: Elemental Mysteries Book 2 and then had to wait for her to finish The Force of Wind: Elemental Mysteries Book 3 which she also graciously allowed me to read an ARC as well. In trying to craft a review for A Fall of Water that will not be a bit of a spoiler it became obvious that might be impossible since all the books build upon each other. This last book does indeed wrap up some old questions and introduce some new characters that you feel like you already knew and her skills at building to a crescendo of the ending is done with skill and while feeding the readers need to enjoy the moments with the main couple that is needed to take what could have been a lackluster story in the hands of a less talented writer and craft it into an enticing and addictive epic. I think I will limit myself to not talking about the story too much since these books are so dependant on each other and to say too much might ruin it for others since if you have not read the others you don't need to be reading this review and if you have then I don't have to sell you on this final chapter of this epic romance and mystery. Thankfully even though the journey we have taken with B and Gio has ended, there will be further excursions into this world in the near future.

Posted on May 25, 2012 4:02:46 AM PDT
Marie says:
*must control feelings of jealousy towards Melindeeloo and Doug* :) I'm very glad to hear that A Fall of Water is just as good as I have been hoping. I tore through the first three books very quickly and then had to sit and wait......if I had been smarter, I would have waited until the fourth was released. But, seriously, when have I ever shown restraint when it comes to a fabulous read? Lol...
I finished Lethal Rider and it was another great book in a great series. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would be Limos' book even though it was still a very good read. I didnt know how I could ever want to read a book about the last brother...but now I find myself anxious for that one too:)

Posted on May 25, 2012 4:44:43 AM PDT
BLAH! I always have a hard time getting into the next book after I read something that is really an exceptional 5 Star read and again it happening, I got to get my head on straight and try to get into Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance), unfortunately I keep rethinking things in Fall of Water and really want to read an In Death novel I think rather than visit the dark world of Larissa Ione. I might have to do exactly that even though I know it is a good book.

Posted on May 25, 2012 5:32:59 AM PDT
fogarty says:
ok so read a short called resisting cupid by carol rose it was free from amazon and now i know why
thats all i am saying ( see this is why i will never write a review)

then picked one at random called pathers prey by doreen malek ( another freebie) any way thought it was a shifter bk but it's not it takes place in 1895 in turkey and not sure i am in the mood for kidnapping englishwoman being sold into harems.

so going to paroose the kindle and see if something jumps at me.

but you know what I miss the covers. i am looking at the titles and thinking what the heck is this bk about lol happy Friday all

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:25:58 AM PDT
Catching's been a busy week!

I read Lethal Rider and. like the rest, I think it is the best of the Four Horsemen...wrapped up what needed to be wrapped up and left you waiting for the next!

I also read a couple of Jennifer Cruise novels - witty, fast paced, light reads with lots of great lines that make you laugh out loud. i.e. in Agnes and the Hitman... Frankie and Brenda were married, he leaves 25 years ago, not on good terms, and see each other again after all this time...

Frankie: "you look good Brenda, what did you do? Kill a couple of virgins and drink their blood?"
Brenda: "Well, they were a lot easier to find after you left town" :-)

Also read Poison Study...for the most part, I liked it a lot! It was not formulaic like a lot of these PNR's seem to be...boy meets girl, recognizes mate (or at least sparks fly), rescues or helps to rescue h... The plot was original - new world, the PNR comes from magic users, no vamps or shifters, and the h is slated to be executed but the taster for the King dies. Law says that the next person up for execution gets to be the new poison taster if they survive the training. My biggest gripe with it was that it sort of hangs half way between YA and adult fantasy and PNR - the sex scenes fade too quickly to black, but the h has stuff in her background that I thought was too much for a YA. Having said that, I will try the next one, I did like the world and the originality.

Last, I have The Scorpio Races on audiobook going in the car...too early in the story to tell how good it is, but I do like her writing style!

Waiting on Fall of Water like the rest of you...except Doug :-P...and melindeloo :-P...

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:34:41 AM PDT
@Michele - Poison Study sounds like something I might like, I also like the fact that the ebook is cheaper than the paperback for a change

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:36:52 AM PDT
BTW, I did start Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance) and even by page 65 it looks better than the others. I am still not really in the mood for the darkness I know is coming .....

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:41:13 AM PDT
LAB says:
Michele - RE Scorpio Races, please let me know what you think. I have been going back & forth on getting that one. I enjoyed her Shiver series but did not love the last book in that series because the ending was very vague.

Posted on May 25, 2012 6:43:42 AM PDT
LAB says:
So - Off Topic - My husband car was in the shop because he got rear ended a couple of weeks ago. He finally gets his car back the other day. Today, he notices instead of the lettering on his tailgate saying (Hyundai) SantaFe, is says SatanFe. Really??

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:55:44 AM PDT
fogarty says:
thanks d.

I am not going to get to watch this wks ep until sometime next wk and it was killing me

how stupid can one woman be... really thinking they would release the girls ( which one they don't have, well they do they just don't know it) once they have him back stupi stupid

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2012 6:56:29 AM PDT
fogarty says:

me either i haven't read it i think i put on kindle but havent read not sure why
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Paranormal Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Thanksgiving Weekend Reading 6 3 hours ago
Read, Reading, Planning to Read and more - Part 6 (and still having fun:) 9307 6 hours ago
PNR cheapies that are 5 dollars or less today (not necessarily new deals) 4683 13 hours ago
Paranormal Romance without in-depth sex scenes.. 18 14 hours ago
2015 A to Z Challenge - Come join the fun:) 61 2 days ago
2015 TBR Challenge - Choose it or Lose it. Get rid of the dross (and make room for more :) 22 3 days ago
Week-End Reading Nov. 20th-22nd 3 7 days ago
Looking for Book--Wealthy Alpha Wolf Goes to Fundraiser 2 10 days ago
Long Search for a book: Werewolf Romance, Young Adult Novel 0 13 days ago
Week-End Reading Nov. 13th-15th 4 14 days ago
looking for a book 1 18 days ago
Week-End Reading Nov. 6th-8th 10 20 days ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  107
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions