Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Read, Reading, Planning to Read .... Part two:)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9276-9300 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 14, 2012 6:48:03 PM PDT
Vanessa C says:
OMG Dicey, retaliatory book buying, What's this world coming too? If he bought something expensive,It's going to take a lot of books to "balance" the scales. Just teasing! ;-}

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 6:53:21 PM PDT
Marie says:
Meagen- did you like Beautiful Disaster? I really enjoyed it although there was some serious dysfunction going on in that relationship:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 6:56:34 PM PDT
Marie says:
A Davis- thanks for the info on The Golden Lily- I got NO reading time today and I am going crazy wanting to get back to that book!

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 6:58:11 PM PDT
Marie says:
Dicey- I hope you enjoy The Reluctant Dom--it was a much better book than I expected it to be when I started it. Much more emotional also:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:00:07 PM PDT
Soooo Ezi, I just one-clicked that one too. Of course, I NEEDED it since it's book 1. Hope I can remember what I bought tonight so I'll know what to read next. I really did put names in a hat and pull out The Reluctant Dom. LOL No worries. I'm in my reading frenzy mode so I intend to get through a lot of them. You're moving in Friday, as in tomorrow or next Friday? Can't wait to see you and the fam next week!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:01:16 PM PDT
Vanessa, a book slut's justification knows no limit. :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:03:31 PM PDT
Marie, I'm at 15% and liking it so far. Now that the kids are in bed, I hope I can whip through it. Pun intended. :)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:24:28 PM PDT
Vanessa C says:
I just finished Hex Appeal. It was OK. I really only liked the usual writers in this anthology. Andrews, Butcher, Caine, and Elrod all had pretty solid stories. The Vaughn story was too slow. A couple of the others were just too bizarre, and one made me mad. I would have bought this for the Andrews and Butcher stories. On to something in my TBR pile, I think!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 7:25:03 PM PDT
RE: A Quick Bite (Argeneau Vampires, Book 1) is the first book and I enjoyed it but this is the ONLY series I keep in paperback and I when I reread books I read Love Bites (Argeneau Vampires) or I read The Accidental Vampire (The Argeneau Family) and they always make me laugh

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 7:34:06 PM PDT
Cace411 says:
Hi All. Have not read a single lick or checked this forum today AT ALL. Been a crazy, madhouse day And I am FINALLY curled up in bed getting ready to read and hopefully finish Dead Case in Deadwood.
Somebody please tell me the spoiler on whether Violet will tell Natalie by the end of book 3? It's driving me nuts. I have more anxiety about that than anything else going on in the book. Lol.

Dicey - Kate Daniels is pretty dark but truly fascinating! I couldn't put it down until I caught up with the entire series. But........ There's Chapter 32 calling your name. Lol. If you want light, I think the Pride Series is ridiculously funny.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:34:49 PM PDT
"spoiler on whether Violet will tell Natalie by the end of book 3" - what fun is that

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 8:41:24 PM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Vanessa, which story made you mad? (The Erica Hayes one? I read her first Fae book and the characters in that one were really gray too) I liked the Vaughn story better than you did, but only because I think that Odysseus Grant is an interesting character.

My favorite was the Andrews' story even though it wasn't long enough (because I am greedy and want more:)

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 8:49:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 8:52:18 PM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Thanks to everyone for all of the anniversary wishes, its been a good twenty seven years.

I have been on an anthology kick (for me no big hunks of time is the perfect reason to hit the short stories)

Hex Appeal which had enough good stories to make me happy. 4.5 stars for Ilona Andrews', 4 for Caine, Vaughn, Butcher, Green and Elrod, 3.5 for Hayes and Handeland, and I didn't make it through the Douglas one - but might try again later since I hit it when I was tired.

The Mammoth Book of Ghost Romance (Mammoth Books) which I liked - it had a nice mix of 'spirited' short romances

and The Old Races: Origins (Collected Stories of the Old Races) - connected to CE Murphy's Negotiator series - there was one really good story and two good and two okay ones

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 9:38:44 PM PDT
Vinity says:
@Mendeeloo~ Can you just give me the first couple words out of the Old Races stories? Those are supposed to be all but one of the patron stories from last year. I was going to do Catie a review but I need to know which story was the one she didn't include.

I broke down and clicked Hex Appeal. I wouldn't have minded the $ had I not spent $8 on that short stories anthology Blood Lite 3 which was totally not worth it just a couple of weeks ago.

I've started Kindling the Moon: An Arcadia Bell Novel I know nothing about it. Has anyone read it? I don't even remember buying it but I was scrolling thru my TBR pile on the kindle. I assume someone recc'd it highly as it was over $7. Usually I remember paying that much for an unknown book on the TBR pile.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012 10:10:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2012 10:11:42 PM PDT
melindeeloo says:
Vinity - I bought Blood Lite 3 too (and read the Dresden story and then set it aside)

Here's the stories from Origins ... (she has a list of all the patrons at the end, are you one of them?)
The Death of Him - "She was human, and she would be the death of him" a selkie story
Saint George & the Dragon -" At the heart of the River Seind, a dragon" Janz stars as the dragons go to war
Salt Water Stains the Sand -"My name is Tahira Firaz..." a Djinn story
Legacy - "A Germanic voice murmured" - Alban gets a home
Falling- "Get in the ring and loose the fight" - gargoyle Biali's story

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012 11:55:11 PM PDT
Vinity says:
Thanks for listing those. Yes, I've been a patron in all of Catie's offers like that. I don't know if she listed me as Vinity, Vin or Robyn?

I'm really starting to like Kindling the Moon: An Arcadia Bell Novel That's nice as I was really struggling for something with the right flavor

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 2:41:58 AM PDT
Real life chores have kept me from reading a lot the last day or so but I am still reading Dark Currents (The Emperor's Edge Book 2) and enjoying it a lot, good story and I intend to read the whole series but I might inject a book or 2 with some humor or romance in it, this is all action, suspense and intrigue and while a great read a steady diet of it is not to my current reading tastes.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 5:59:40 AM PDT
Rick.....a reminder please. I believe the "Master of Whitehall" will be free tomorrow only. Please verify.....thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:02:58 AM PDT
fogarty says:
d green

ok ok so i was a hold out on the magnus back don't ask why. i have read everything else by laurenston /aiken but that one and one night i needed something funny so i decided "what the heck, might as well read them" and loved them so if you are looking for lught and funny i would start with Magnus pack then move on to pride.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:12:05 AM PDT
fogarty says:
d green your finger is wayyyyyyy to fast.. : ) you need to slow down count to 10 before pushing the one click button.

by the way how many times a day do you chk your email? are you like me and have it sent to my phone so i can chk it at all times for any interesting things that may pop up......

Posted on Jun 15, 2012 6:13:38 AM PDT
Vinity - I've read the Arcadia Bell books and found both to be excellent. Enjoy! I LOVE Jupe. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:13:39 AM PDT
fogarty says:
melindeeloo

wow 27yrs good for you. i can only hope i make it to 15 lol without killing mine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:14:47 AM PDT
melindeeloo says:
There's a Robyn H******. Did you say that there had been a special short story collection for patrons in the past? Also I was wondering about the Baba Yaga one, I saw a cloth covered physical book release, but was wondering if there'd be an ebook one too - don't know if I dug enough to find the answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:24:36 AM PDT
fogarty says:
ezi

how i have missed you hope all is well : )

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012 6:27:10 AM PDT
fogarty says:
green and ezi ok ok so you know me I am slow do you guys live near each other?
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Paranormal Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  107
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions