Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Stephen Kellogg All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Read, Reading, Planning to Read .... Part two:)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9576-9600 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:22:13 AM PDT
Vinity says:
I'm definitely a Kate and Curran girl but the series is really more UF than PNR. Cat and Bones the romance is more front and center to the plot. I have a signed ed of the last Cat and Bones and STILL haven't even read it. I'm much more looking forward to Once Burned. That 20% looks great!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 7:31:26 AM PDT
I loved "The Mama will not be a problem" too. And the way Brand always called her "The Mama". Good stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 7:38:54 AM PDT
@Dicey - I was thankful that One Foot in the Grave was already out when I started reading the series. It would have been hell to wait after the ending of Halfway to the Grave. I was also very thankful to have my Kindle and it's instant gratification.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 7:43:58 AM PDT
@FQ - "The Mama will not be a problem" - I still can't wait until next month for the sequel to Demon Hunting In Dixie which will be Demon Hunting In The Deep South but i am worried that it can't be as laugh-out-loud funny as the first book, I think I laughed more at that book than any I have read in the last year.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 7:44:45 AM PDT
I'm not Cace but I'll answer the Curran/Bones question anyway. I voted for Curran because I think he is more alpha. However, Bones is more sexy and everything else.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:50:24 AM PDT
Lulu says:
fogarty, Ian and Justina? Oh God, no, please NO! LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 7:51:51 AM PDT
@Doug - I love Odd Thomas! I didn't think Odd Hours lived up to the first 3 book though. I read them all pre-Kindle and I swear that Odd Hours was written by or with some woman. I looked at the product pages the other day and it doesn't say. I'll have to hunt down my old paperback.

Have you read the Odd Interlude books? Are they good? $13.99 for Odd Apocalypse is a lot when I'm concerned about what happened with the last book.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:54:18 AM PDT
@FQ - "Have you read the Odd Interlude books" - just bought them today, hope to read them within the month

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 7:57:29 AM PDT
I finished Deadly Games (The Emperor's Edge Book 3) and it was great and if anyone cares to read them this book was a perfect example of how to hook your readers into the next book without leaving them hanging/frustrated/angry, the ending was great and just the right amount of mystery/hints to make you want to run out and buy book #4 but not enough to make you mad if you had to wait for the next 6 months. This series keeps getting better and <GASP> actually had a bit of romance in it. 4+ Stars easy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 7:58:40 AM PDT
Thanks Tiger Lily. I will note that

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 8:11:52 AM PDT
Re: Cliffhangers. I have a love/hate relationship with cliffhangers. I like little ones that keep me interested in the next book but I hate big ones that leave me saying WTF. I also hate having to wait 4+ years for a resolution like the last Outlander book. In fact I didn't finish An Echo in the Bone because I had heard there was a big cliffhanger in the end and I just couldn't bare it. I'll finish when the next book comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:19:06 AM PDT
fogarty says:
douglas

sorry to me the fever series has the best/worst cliff hanger

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:24:38 AM PDT
Meagzie says:
Yes, yes, ladies. Keep loving Bones. He's wonderful. Yup. I'll just comfort Curran over here... near my bed....

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:24:58 AM PDT
Yasamin says:
I finished The Golden Lily: A Bloodlines Novel in one day, that's a record for me and yes the story was that good. The romance is very slow but the ending is worth the wait. No cliffhangers this time which is surprising for Richelle Mead. Now, I have to wait FOREVER for the next book.

I don't know what to read next, I could finish Under a Vampire Moon: An Argeneau Novel but after such great books I don't think I'll be able to enjoy it as much.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:35:59 AM PDT
Cace411 says:
Fogarty, Lulu - Ian and Justina? I'm with Lulu, please no! I hate that wretched woman. She deserves no HEA in my book for putting Cat through so much guilt. She should be alone and miserable and maybe lock her up in that cave too. Lol.

Doug - Yay, I'm so happy I dont have long to wait for bk 2, Demon Hunting in The Deep South. I'm having a great time reading Demon Hunting in Dixie. "Lord love a redneck" was too funny too. Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:38:06 AM PDT
Vinity says:
@FoundQuilting~ I've told everyone who asked to hold Outlander series at Breath of Snow and Ashes. The series could easily have ended there so it's a good place to stop. At least till the last book comes out and hopefully redeems the mess that was Echo in the Bone. I wish I'd stopped there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:56:20 AM PDT
@Vinity - It's been a couple of years ago but I didn't think Echo was all that bad. I had read spoilers so I new what was going to happen in the end. I stopped reading when Jamie missed the boat and go on another one. That was the beginning of the end. I agree that it would have been better to stop at Breath of Snow and Ashes and then read Echo when the next one comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 9:57:16 AM PDT
fogarty says:
meagan over my dead body lol he is mine (curran that is meow)

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 9:59:26 AM PDT
I'm reading Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (The Narcoleptic Vampire Series Vol. 1) and I love all the surprises. I love turning the page, gasping, and thinking "OMG, I didn't see that coming!"

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 10:09:52 AM PDT
KSM says:
I devoured Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul). I liked that it's a blend of romance and fantasy rather than more traditional PNR. My only complaint would be that it finished somewhat without an HEA or even an HFN and I was not expecting that. It felt more like one long novel divided into a few books, somewhat like Elemental Mysteries did but with less of a conclusion IMO. Slow building romance; I quite enjoyed that they didn't get it going on too quickly. Good pace, interesting intrigue. Needless to say I grabbed Lady of Light and Shadows (The Tairen Soul) and continued the journey.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 10:55:02 AM PDT
Cace411 says:
I think Demon Hunting in Dixie might just be funnier than Deadwood series. Lol. I am lmao here reading about Dwight Farris's funeral. The cat fight between Shirley and Bessie Mae, oh lordy!

Shirley says to Bessie Mae:
"This weenie's been Fabreezed and Chloroxed. I like to never got your coochie juice off it.". ------- Just. Too. Damn. Funny!

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:06:22 AM PDT
T.Petty says:
@Dicey- Thanks, I'll hunt around, I'm sure I can find a cheap copy. I do want to read it though. I'm on a "new adult" kick, read Beautiful Disaster, Easy, and have Bared to You in my TBR.

@ Susie- reading Easy right now too. Lucas is yummy. I kinda feel like Lucas and Landon are the same person??? (don't tell me though). Finshed Beautiful Disaster- loved their HEA after all the" I hate u, I love u, stay away from me, we'll always be friends"- good gosh!

Don't know what I'll read next, maybe go back to PNR Enemy Mine (Alpha and Omega, Book Two). Liked Omega Mine too, but read it like a year ago. Maybe I'll skim bk 1 before I start the new one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:22:42 AM PDT
D. Stom says:
@Dicey -- re: Was I the only one who wanted ...

nope. not at all. I was majorly ticked off that she caved in and allowed that woman to govern her decisions. I'm totally with you on that point: I get that she was the last surviving member, but it was still re-darned-diculous IMNSHO. And while IRL I probably would have also caved to a certain extent, there's not a chance in hell that I would have walked away from *him* after the highway incident. I definitely would have left her ungrateful selfish [expletive changed to:] behind, though.

So. How're you likin' book 2? Been to any wedding rehearsals lately? :D

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012 11:33:17 AM PDT
@T.Petty - Bookstrand has The Reluctant Dom for $7.99. http://www.bookstrand.com/the-reluctant-dom

Posted on Jun 19, 2012 11:40:51 AM PDT
Got this good news in the mail, Once Burned (Night Prince, Book 1) sales must be going well :)

"Jeaniene Frost Night Prince story, Once Burned, will be getting its sequel next March 19th. I expected a new Cat and Bones book, but it looks like Twice Tempted will be Vlad and Leila's story."
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Paranormal Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  107
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers

Search Customer Discussions