Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Recomendations for hot and steamy PNR series

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2010 7:17:36 AM PST
Diane says:
Ok I'm lost ..... I know what BDB means but what's IAD?

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 7:34:35 AM PST
M. Vander says:
IAD stands for Immortal's After Dark, Kresley Cole's series.

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 7:37:26 AM PST
Diane says:
Ah... Thanks

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 10:30:56 AM PST
M. Childers says:
I'll add my recommendation to the IAD series. I really like the way Kresley Cole writes. I just reread Cade's book and Rydstrom's books and they were just a good for a reread.
I can't wait for the next one.

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 11:14:03 AM PST
UKSandy says:
I'm just on book 5 of the BDB books and can't tell you how much I love them. I just don't want them to finish, shall I go to Midnight Breeds by Lara Adrian next - are they like BDB?

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 1:30:35 PM PST
Zeek says:
That's not an easy answer because although they have the same flavor- the BDB's are much more rich and dark. The Midnight Breeds are good too- just not in the same way... if that makes any sense. The BDB's really are in their own class! I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Midnight Breeds though!

Have you read Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunters yet? I think those are more like the BDB's. (They are the books that got me hooked on PNR oh so long ago!) (Start with Night Pleasures.)

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 6:24:58 PM PST
Heather C. says:
UKSandy,
I would read something in between BDB and Midnight Breeds. I loved both series equally for different reasons. But when I started the first Midnight Breeds, I kept comparing it to Dark Lover. Once you get into them they are really different in my opinion.

Posted on Jan 23, 2010 8:04:19 PM PST
Girlbobbie says:
UKSandy,
I would suggest the Demonica Series By Larissa Ione. Of course after you finish BDB 5,6 & 7 and of course you know #8 will be available April 27th

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 2:53:36 AM PST
UKSandy says:
Morning: many thanks for your replies. I've just started Lover Enshrined, not moving as fast as I would like but I'll hang on in there. Thanks for the recommendations.

Zeek: I did have Dark Hunters on my list so will take a look at them.
RBohn: I haven't heard of Larissa Ione will take a look.
Heather: I loved Dark Lover - I want my own brother .....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 6:45:56 AM PST
KCMaryland says:
I just finished the Demonica series and they were great. I was skeptical about the at first and a little put off by the title (Demonica... I mean, come on) but I love the series. If you are a fan o BDB, you won't be disappointed.

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 11:42:05 AM PST
Heather C. says:
I am halfway through the 1st Demonica book, Pleasure Unbound and the dark style is very similar to BDB. There are a lot of things going on and it gives the view points of the other characters, similar to BDB.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 1:41:38 PM PST
Thoa says:
I became hooked on PNR starting with Christine Feehan's Dark series about Carpathians (Vampires). Very Sexy and passionate.

Here are some series I have read and my take on them:
Kresley Cole-Immortals After Dark. Addicted to this series. My favorite because of the sense of humor and passion between the characters. Highly recommend.
Sherrilyn Kenyon-Loved her Dark Hunter series. Romantic and funny with some tragedy. Highly recommend.
Katie MacAlister-The Aisling Grey Series, the Silver Dragon Series, and the Vampires series. Very funny and romantic.
JR Ward-Black Dagger Brotherhood Series. Love her complicated, edgy and involved writing. Highly recommend.
Brenda Joyce-Her Masters of Time series is adventurous, edgy, and with complicated romance.
Dawn Thompson-Terrific, complicated writing. If you enjoy J.R. Ward, I think you will like her.
Angela Knight-If you enjoy Jacquelyn Frank and Gena Showalter, you might enjoy her paranormal books.
Laurell K. Hamilton-Lots of sex and kinky stuff along with complicated plot. May or may not be to your taste.
KM Moning-Loved the Highlander series, not so crazy about the Fever series.
Gena Showalter-Lords of the Underworld series. Enjoyed them.
Stephanie Meyers-Twilight Series. Loved the poetry of the first book, but like more adult content. Other books became too long winded.
Larissa Ione-Enjoyed the Demonica series
Charlaine Harris-Sookie Stackhouse series. If you like suspense and adventure, this is for you.
Jacquelyn Frank-Enjoyed the Nightwalkers series
Lynsay Sands-Argenau series. Too sweet and boring for me. I like more adventure, surprise and angst.
Kim Harrison-The Hollows series. More adventure than romance.
Kelley Armstrong-Women of the Other World series is very good, more focused on the adventure than romance.
Nora Roberts-The Circle Trilogy. It was good but not my favorite. I'm not a big Nora Roberts fan, but people who like her flavor might enjoy them.
Amanda Quick (Jayne Ann Krentz)-The Arcane Society series. If you like Nora Roberts, then you'll like her. Not my particular taste.
Donna Boyd-If you enjoy Anne Rice's style of writing, you will enjoy the richness of Donna Boyd's "The Passion" and its sequel "The Promise." It's not a feel good romance, more tragic than romance. I love the descriptive style of her writing.
Keri Arthur-Adventure, sex, and complicated plot.
Lora Leigh-Has lots of sex, some sex scenes may or may not be for you. Imaginative idea of breeds.

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 3:04:05 PM PST
UKSandy says:
Hi Thoa

Many thanks for all the recommendations.

Posted on Jan 24, 2010 3:33:20 PM PST
Girlbobbie says:
Oh my Thoa, that is some list. I'm surprised not to see Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series on your list. I love when readers describe their opinion of a series. Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 3:53:43 PM PST
Thoa says:
Hi Sandy,
I forgot to mention Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series, for those who love history, highlanders, and time travel. Terrific writing. Have fun discovering new PNRs!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 3:59:16 PM PST
Thoa says:
Thank you for reminding me of the Midnight Breed series. I have read them, too. Love them! The Raintree series with different authors (Linda Howard being one) is also enjoyable. You can see why I can't keep track of them all! :o)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2010 6:34:58 PM PST
Thoa says:
Oh, I just remembered about the Crimson City series. For those who like a lot of action along with romance in paranormal, the series is for you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2010 5:08:57 AM PST
Thoa says:
How can I forget this series because I enjoyed them thoroughly. The Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. It's full of exciting plot line, action and passion between the characters. It also has side male characters competing for the affection of the heroine, which adds to the spiciness. The heroine has plenty of angst and strength to make us want to identify with her. Highly recommend. I look forward to a new book from the series coming out.

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 5:31:30 AM PST
UKSandy says:
Wow Thoa, you certainly have read a lot. Another item to put on my book list, many thanks.

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 12:50:11 PM PST
Barb Sanders says:
Very recently I discovered the Dirk & Steele stories by Marjorie M. Liu and while they aren't smoking like the Brothers, the stories are amazing. So far I've read the first 2 books, Tiger Eye and Shadow Touch. I had a very hard time putting them down. So addictive. They are sensual, rather than in-your-face sexy. The characters all have some kind of paranormal talent, whether as a shape-shifter, pyrokenetic, one can tough an object or a person and know their entire history. one can heal with a touch, all kinds of cool tricks. And the stories - so intriguing and imaginative. Try Tiger Eye first if I've made you at all curious.

Posted on Jan 25, 2010 1:41:00 PM PST
Zeek says:
I've been ripping thru this series too Barb!

Posted on Jan 26, 2010 6:51:45 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2010 7:24:19 AM PST
Shannon C. says:
M Vander, That's great that you finished the Night Huntress (Frost) books. They are some of my favs. First Drop of Crimson comes out February 9. Can't wait! I like Spade so am interested to read his story.

E. Jaqua, The Dragon Kin books are great. There are three so far and the third was laugh out loud funny:
Dragons Actually
About A Dragon
What a Dragon Should Know
There's also an Anthology in EVERLASTING BAD BOYS written under her other pen name Shelly Laurenston.

Zeek, that's great you're going to try Shelly. My favs of hers were her Pride Stories if you want to try those first. They are hysterical:
The Mane Event
The Beast in Him
The Mane Attraction
The Mane Squeeze
Beast Behaving Badly

Thoa, good list--we've read a lot of the same books! I didn't see these on your list; if you haven't read them check them out:
Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost
Tairen Soul series by CL Wilson
Guild Hunters series by Nalini Singh
Guardians of Eternity series by Alex Ivy

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2010 7:11:42 AM PST
Thoa says:
Coincidentally, I just downloaded onto my Kindle "Dragons Actually" last night. I'm not familiar with this author, but the reviews were great, and I like dragons and comedy along with romance. I used to be a literature snob with "War and Peace" in my "to read before I die" list. I discovered Christine Feehan, found reading her books to be more fun than the prospect of reading "War and Peace" and that's when my love for PNR began.

Posted on Jan 26, 2010 8:35:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 26, 2010 8:35:56 AM PST
Shannon C. says:
I just read on GA Aiken's website that Kensington has contracted three more Dragon Kin books and the fourth in the series will be out September 2010. This will be Keita and Ragnar's story. YEAH!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 26, 2010 10:19:16 AM PST
Thoa says:
As I was reading Dragon Actually, I kept on comparing the cheesiness of it to Xena, a TV series that I was addicted to. Today, I went to the Amazon.com website, read the description of the second book, About A Dragon, and the Booklist reviewer compared it to the Xena TV series. I'm glad my observation was on the mark.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  322
Total posts:  8273
Initial post:  Jan 10, 2010
Latest post:  May 10, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 87 customers

Search Customer Discussions