Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Kids Halloween
Customer Discussions > Parenting forum

books for seperated parents

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2013 4:10:07 PM PST
L. Carlson says:
I'm looking for a non-religious book that is helpful to parents who are divorced/separated that deals with children manipulating the parents, conflict between the parents and about new relationship/dating/remarriage advise that will help parent, child and new partner.
I've been dating a man for 2 1/2 yrs. He still hasn't told her about us due to fear of her starting fighting & not allowing him to have his son as often as he get him.
She's fought and has even become violent with my boyfriend in front of their 11 yr son many times.
It's like he feels our relationship has to be separate from his kids. He doesn't seem to know how to blend the two but yet we're planning to live together in a month.
His son has played his parents against each other & just recently threatened suicide after getting in trouble at school. My boyfriend is feeling guilty, feeling he's keeping his son from getting his wish for his parent to be back together. My boyfriend even left me last year for his ex because he wanted his kids back and his kids wanted their parents back together.

I have no doubts he loves me but he's clueless on what or how to make a blended family work and on how he handles situations with his son & ex. He was against even living together stating his son wouldn't understand why my son was living with us and he couldn't.

Please help me find a good book for him/us. Something with psychological advise not spiritual. He won't take it seriously otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2013 8:33:46 PM PST
Wende Best says:
"Become Yourself" Workbook Student Journal by Wende Best
"Become Yourself" Workbook: Student Journal

Posted on Feb 15, 2013 8:25:47 AM PST
The Kids In Trance Program is a Great Book for Parents!! The Kids In Trance Program: "Tapping Your Child's Genius with Hypnosis & Meditation!"
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Parenting forum (398 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Parenting forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions