Customer Discussions > Parenting forum

What tips worked for you with adoption?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 7, 2012 1:20:54 PM PDT
Sarah Avila says:
We are so excited to share our story with you in our book My Diamonds In The Rough, Confessions of Adoption from Mother And Daughter by Sarah Jean and Anna Grace. We would love to hear from you on what tips helped you and child bond?

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:35:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 7:40:32 PM PDT
bjhans says:
I was adopted and am now a grandma/mom of an abused grandchild. He had problems with attachment when we got him called attatchment disorder and chaotic attachment. What I did instictively is cuddled more than was probably age appropriate because he needed it. Read books and cuddled telling how much we love him. I.e. I love you so much, how much is so. I probalby wasn't bonded to my adoptive mother. Why, because her attitude was one of 'fixing the little heathen'. My sister's children are all adopted. Some things that have irritated her are people asking pointed questions, like "are they yours' because they are a different shades. Her usual answer was, Of course they are mine and I love them all. One of my irritanttions as a child was being introduced as 'my adopted daughter' and this is my real daughter. I recently wrote a book aslo available on kindle called, "That's Not the Ocean; Those are My Tears. It addresses some of the impaired attachment our grandson suffered and why. Congradulations on your book.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:57:12 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 13, 2012 5:41:21 PM PST]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Parenting forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions