Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

Why is Steam suddenly bad?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3151-3175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:34:43 AM PST
Gary says:
And THAT...is why you fail.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 11:35:33 AM PST
Gary says:
Well, at least it isn't exclusively on Steam.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:15:12 PM PST
even i have to admit that paying for XBL is worthless anymore. its bullsh*t itself when you want to try a PUBLIC demo, and you have to have a gold account to access it. i had to redeem a code just to see how the RE6 demo was. definitely wasn't worth wastin a year subscription card that i still had lying around just to access it. demos should be accessible to anyone.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 1:40:43 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I think I got an XBLA 12 month membership for 20 bucks somewhere online.

The only thing it gets used for is Amazon Prime streaming, and I'm looking for a way to do that with another device.

Here's hoping Microsoft and Sony develop some killer game for their next consoles (I'm sure they will) because as it stands I feel like I'd be better served building a PC for my TV and sticking a WiiU next to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:42:30 PM PST
Iso says:
Same direction I am going too. We will have to see what next gen looks like though.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 1:45:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 1:47:22 PM PST
"Which would explain why you don't get how an hour of offline time can absolutely kill your gaming time. "

Maybe it just explains why I'm more laid back and relaxed and not let things like the inability to play a game for 30 whole minutes get to me.

I got an Xbox live membership for 12 months through xbox for 35$ during one of their deals. It also came with a free game, which btw Microsoft NEVER GAVE ME. AND I put it on DO NOT AUTO RENEW... it was set to auto renew when I checked a week later. And then I had to (at the time) call up Microsoft, tell him after 45 minutes of pointlessness to take off auto renew and cancel the account at the end of the Actual time I paid for. My friend had to do the same thing and he also didn't put it on auto renewal, he thanked me for saving him money.

EDIT: That Wii U is lookin might shiny right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 3:33:52 PM PST
Iso says:
I have a Wii U, but it will cost ya. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 3:42:50 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 3:48:54 AM PST
http://www.examiner.com/article/skyrim-1-8-beta-update-now-on-steam-ps3-and-xbox-360-later

Gary is an Xbox shill. It makes sense.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 3:44:02 AM PST
I want to get one next spring for Monster Hunter Ultimate. I was reading some more impressions on it and it looks like a ton of fun.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:42:40 AM PST
You and me both mate.

You and me both.

Also, I have isolated why gary hates Online games and steam and things. This was his response to me saying I like to keep in contact with My friends while playing D3 or something while they are playing WoW.

"Unless your friends don't want you staying in touch with them. Seriously, does everyone now feel the need to group grope to play a friggin' video game? Video game time is ME TIME. I don't want to deal with people. I deal with people enough as it is."

It explains everything i think! :3 And it gave me a good chuckle.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:52:29 AM PST
Hah! You're right. It explains it all.

Most of my friends are in other states, so it's easier for us to get together and play some league or something. Even my younger sisters play a few console shooters, so it's a great way to stay in touch.

""Unless your friends don't want you staying in touch with them."
-This is probably the most depressing part of the entire post. No wonder he hates online gaming.

Most of the online games (with the exception of GW2 *event weekend yay!*) that I play are competitive group games like League of Legends.

For all of Gary's sheep and shill screaming, I don't even play any multiplayer Steam games. :D

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 4:56:00 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 4:56:17 AM PST
Good grief do I need to play some GW2 at some point... I have neglected it with the releases of Sticker Star, Skylanders Giants, DIablo 3 patch, Borderlands 2 DLC, Ragnarok Odyssey... and Persona 3 and... more. Still only a level 54 Engineer...

I wish I had 4 of me to play these games at once.

I think I may dedicate a few hours of a specific day a week to the GW2. At least i'm not paying a fee :p

"Most of my friends are in other states, so it's easier for us to get together and play some league or something."

The folks I played with and raided with in WoW for 2 years are all in diff places, and my friends from college are all states away. Easier to play a game online than to fly to a state to play in person.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:59:03 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 4:59:53 AM PST
GW2 is bumping everyone to 80 during the event this weekend so they can participate, regardless of base level.

They're also allowing people to give out guest passes (or at least they were until they run out of trial keys for the weekend), so check your account if you know someone who might want to try it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:05:32 AM PST
wait what event?

And I do know someone who would want to try, but their PCs couldn't' handle it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 5:08:39 AM PST
The Lost Shores.

New area, new enemies, new items, new quests and events.

"Defend Lion's Arch" starts at 12:00 Pacific this afternoon.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 5:30:55 AM PST
hehe... almost all areas are still new to me

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:13:11 PM PST
Gary says:
I use it for HBO Go on my bedroom TV as well. My bedroom TV has Amazon and Netflix built in, but I needed something for HBO Go and the Xbox did the trick.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:15:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012 2:17:45 PM PST
Gary says:
Anything but. Of course, you'll conveniently ignore my earlier expressions of frustration with them for the FIFA 12 hack that cost me a month and a half of no XBL. You know, you would think a shill wouldn't swear to switch to Sony when the next gens come out. But hey, you have yet to let the facts get in your way, so why start now?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:16:42 PM PST
Gary says:
Says the guy with no family and hours to play when he gets home at night. I would say "some day you'll understand," but of course you never will.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 2:24:36 PM PST
Iso says:
So why do you hate Steam again, I think you lost focus...

Oh wait it is because you hate good deals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 7:16:37 PM PST
Well I would be sure to find a mate that likes to play games WITH me, so I didn't have to "escape" my family to play them.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 11:08:52 PM PST
cybertext says:
Because the post is suddenly nearly 4 dang years OLD (man).

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:11:34 AM PST
J. Thomas says:
If you people don't like Steam get a freaking console. Steam is really a godsend to PC gaming. If something happens to my disc, I can re download the game from Steam servers. If there's a patch out that I need to play on a server or improves performance, Steam gets it for me. I don't have to go to FilePlanet or any other third party website and hunt for the right patch or download any patches I've missed between that time. Big Picture Mode allows me to comfortably game from my couch on my PC, and my last point but certainly not the last benefit of Steam, the sales are phenomenal. It's made PC gaming simpler, less of a hassle and much more accessible.

Really, you guys complaining about Steam are ridiculous. Either get with the times or get a console.

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 3:57:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 18, 2012 3:57:45 AM PST
"Really, you guys complaining about Steam are ridiculous. Either get with the times or get a console. "

Consoles also offer digital downloads, more so in the past year than ever before. But I would guess 90% of the folks that have a problem with Steam, are also those that are 100% Against digital sales, even on consoles. Personally I'm done with Physical Media. The less the better, so much clutter and sadness. the only thing I still buy Physically is movies because there isn't a centralized service for that yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012 6:50:14 AM PST
Gary says:
Nope. Just responding to Captain Stupity's latest bout of insanity.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (686 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  262
Total posts:  4251
Initial post:  Feb 15, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions