Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

pc gaming sucks

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 124 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 12, 2011 11:00:18 AM PST
KnucklesX360 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2011 11:04:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 11:06:40 AM PST
an*
it's*

How are those sub-par textures on the 360? Paying money every month for XBL on top of a net connection must be pretty awesome, huh? I want to watch my blu-rays on my 360... oh wait...

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 11:17:36 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 12, 2011 11:19:37 AM PST
So one day you decide to try to change the world by telling people to destroy their computers (give me a sec while I laugh) and go out and buy an Xbox 360. Should NASA and the Army also do this or is this wise advice only for the common? By the way Xbox--> Microsoft......does that ring a bell in your head?

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 2:25:59 PM PST
Bryan says:
Yes, everyone should have a gaming appliance that can't do much else. Halo 3 FTW.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 2:41:11 PM PST
Kaiserin1 says:
Pc gaming is far superior in every way. From graphics to modification and sound too. The more cash you can sink into it the better it is. Try running two GeForce GTX 590 in quad SLI.

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 3:04:02 PM PST
Edgardo says:
lol what a troll, this guy obviously has never seen any pc game run on full high/ultra settings, do yourself a favor and find a video comparing crysis 2 on xbox 360 vs pc and you will see PC will always be better than consoles, when did the xbox 360 come out? oh yeah that's right, your xbox 360 is obsolete

Posted on Dec 12, 2011 7:31:24 PM PST
Eric DiPier says:
Why do we have to destroy our computers? Couldn't we have a computer and an Xbox 360? I have a computer and a PS3. In the same room, actually.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 4:59:39 AM PST
Bryan says:
I saw somewhere that somebody had modded an Xbox into thier computer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 5:01:06 AM PST
There are a few people that modded both the 360, wii, and ps3 into their PC case. It ran all four systems.

I've also seen a 360 modded into a laptop. Some people come up with some really cool ideas.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 5:11:57 AM PST
"Paying money every month for XBL on top of a net connection must be pretty awesome, huh?

really dude? think about just how dumb that is...how much more do computers cost? I dont agree with the OP at all, but get real. an extra 50dollars a year? Even buying a new computer every 5years that is moderatly decent at 1k dollars, is still more costly than this.

Which is the appeal of your XBox PS3 and Wii. You dont need to constantly upgrade it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 5:27:00 AM PST
Obvious console fanboy is obvious. You can build a gaming computer on a $300-400 budget that plays games in the same resolution as the consoles.

A nice gaming computer would set you back about $600-700, and you'll get a lot more out of that then a console. This discussion has been beaten to death.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:10:41 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:17:32 AM PST
Zadik says:
You know something research becuase, building a pc is to simple, doing watercooling is something else

just to see how simple it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxaVBsXEiok

I dont take responsability if anybody does something wrong and mess it up

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:20:35 AM PST
building stuff is easy to a lot of people, just as many people dont know how. the parts, what is better, what it means. I play PC games...but I am not the only one who has no clue how to build PC's.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:22:23 AM PST
Bryan says:
My PC is much more interesting than an Xbox http://www.spyderea.net/forum/uploads/warfinge/gamer.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:24:23 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2011 6:25:38 AM PST
It's not that hard actually and newegg has decent tutorials. Just make sure the motherboard and chipset are compatible. Like if you want to use a sandy bridge intel chip make sure both the motherboard and the intel chip say LGA 1155.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=LGA+1155&x=0&y=0
Just by typing LGA 1155 you get all that. Read the different chipsets, choose one and many different types of related products will show up. Read each of the motherboards and decide. Building a computer isn't hard. The instructions booklet help a ton and show you what to do, especially when each instruction guides help each other out. The hardest parts are cable managing and installing the drivers, but that's why they bring discs with all the needed basic components. Then you update the drivers. A good built pc can last for years, but you don't need to upgrade that much unless you decide you want a whole new chipset.

I didn't know how to build a computer, but once I got into it, it was easy. Took me 3 hours or so since I had to manage the cable wirings. The 600t case is worth it for cable managing.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:26:33 AM PST
So, you can't spend 15 minutes researching a how to guide or watch a youtube video?

I know several people that can't build a tower out of legos that put together their own PCs and haven't had any issues in just the past 6 months.

So yes, everyone knows how to build computers. They just have some mental block that states they can't. How hard is it to plug a cable into the only place on a motherboard it could go? Everything these days is labeled so easily you'd be hard pressed to mess it up.

The only thing you have to do is be mindful of static electricity, everything else is a breeze. With the availability of bare bones kits these days they only choices you have to make are which kit to buy and which video card to install. It's almost a no-brainer.

Building them before plug and play was time consuming and required more knowledge of the parts. Working with commands in DOS was always a blast.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:34:31 AM PST

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:35:55 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 12, 2012 8:25:20 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:36:46 AM PST
When I first was told about building one, I freaked out. That was in 2009 and I was nervous about not knowing what to do. Two years later I said, I want to build my own computer. I want to play the old republic. I was told by my friends how easy it was. I thought they were geniuses but in fact, all it takes is reading and making sure of compatible components. Then it takes patience and not a lot of force. I laugh at it now, at how scared I was back then. You can do anything you set your mind to.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:39:51 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 12, 2012 8:25:42 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:42:07 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 12, 2012 8:25:51 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:43:44 AM PST
I agree. I always thought building a PC would be impossible. I built my first one around 2008 or so, and just upgraded a few parts a couple months back. I figure I'll be set about 4 years with my current rig, and IF I have to upgrade I'll just grab another video card for about $100.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 6:46:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2011 6:47:34 AM PST
Sometimes its cheaper to buy a built ready computer, especially for offices. Since they're done for offices they cut down on the parts needed and put the cheapest possible material. Check dell.com and you won't see any pc with a K intel chipset (k =unlocked for overclocking). You also don't know what type of motherboard it will be and what spaces are capable of upgrading. For my job I have a dell vostro slim. While it at home, I have a corsair 600t white with an asus z68 v pro motherboard that can handle 2 graphics card for sli mode.

Do it yourself can be hard, but it is cheaper when it comes to labor cost and also you can make sure the parts have up to 3 years with warranty. When you buy a computer, the company makes their money on accidental warranties and extended warranties and services. Do note, when you buy a built computer, you only have 1 year of warranty, costco gives you two. So you have to pay extra for more warranty, otherwise, you'll be ripped off by the company. Or sometimes, the company won't fix it at all.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 6:48:00 AM PST
Zadik says:
TuorInglorion we know gamers are lazy but you are overcloked xD, and if you dont want to build it yourself there are companies that do it and please no Dell

I agree with Sidhe and Captain Kringle
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (671 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  52
Total posts:  124
Initial post:  Dec 12, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions