Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

FPS on PC isn't easy

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-32 of 32 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2012 6:55:16 PM PST
A. North says:
you must have tiny hands because the T key is easily within reach of your left hand (and leaving W and A covered to keep moving)

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 9:45:08 PM PST
Shanghaied says:
I would recommend Doom 3 as a great FPS to get accustomed to the keyboard and mouse, here's why:

-Simple game that focuses on shooting with fewer indirect actions (things that don't involve you shooting stuff, like flashlights, crouching, etc.)
-Lots of focus on close range fighting where each shot counts, yet uses guns that are forgiving in the aiming department (shotgun), without using auto-aim.
-Single players FPS where pacing isn't fast and the game isn't extremely difficult; helps you get used to the controls without causing too much frustration.
-Encourages you to switch weapons frequently during fire-fights, which is an important intermediate skill for any PC FPSer.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:05:30 AM PST
John Galt says:
Thanks for the comment. I can reach it while keeping my fingers on W and A, but I have to concentrate on it. My fingers are not used to remaining glued on the WASD keys. I'm sticking with the F key for melee. It is much easier to slide my finger to the adjacent key than lose the time finding the T.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 9:06:35 AM PST
John Galt says:
I've never played Doom3. I'll give it a shot.

Posted on Dec 26, 2012 7:40:06 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 26, 2012 7:40:43 PM PST
FPS games on PC are extremely easy to do. in fact, because the keyboard layouts to every game are nearly identical in every aspect, regardless of genre, your fingers fall in place just right. after that, you'll be forgetting you even have a keyboard underneath your hands.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 12:39:06 AM PST
A. Mcgrady says:
Well the game runs a heck of a lot smoother, and looks better on pc. Those enhancement do not go away just because you plugged a controller in. Theres no shame in it, most games these days on pc are set up for both and it is a very seamless option. Most games just know you have a controller hooked up and the instructions change it's pretty cool. Max payne 3 plays better on a controller. Using a controller on a pc is like having a bad ### console that runs games very smoothly. Just try it, I dont like MKB controls and have just given up on them entirely. I only use mkb for RTS and MMos obviously. But I hate MMOs anyway.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012 11:10:46 AM PST
Paul. says:
To address your topic - though I don't know anything about Crysis specifically -
Yes, FPS on PC is not easy.
And so long as the game developers do it correctly (meaning, keeping it challenging on PC, no matter how they dumb it down for consoles), that is how I hope it will stay.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (668 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  19
Total posts:  32
Initial post:  Dec 18, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions