Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

Can i play games on intel hd 4000?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 146 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 7, 2012 7:03:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 7:08:10 AM PST
I think if you're building on a budget, you can get away with a weaker processor and still get decent gaming performance compared to if you skimp on the GPU. Even an i3 3220 can provide enough juice for gaming, and by the time you need to upgrade it you'll probably need to get a new motherboard and possibly even RAM all over again.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 5:14:27 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 5:15:42 AM PST
It's *much* easier to swap out a GPU (2 minutes) compared to replacing a CPU (system tear-down). If you're doing a new build you should get a decent CPU and a higher end GPU for gaming.

I'd never recommend bottlenecking a system at the CPU. You can always get a cheap GPU nowadays and upgrade it down the road.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 10:15:57 PM PST
Sudeley says:
That is a tough one, but personally id say cpu, since games usually are optimized to use mostly the gpu when possible, what do others say? I could be wrong so I am open to input.

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 9:58:52 PM PST
Dr Black says:
Would you guys say it is better to have the processor be the bottleneck or the GPU?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:57:04 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
yeah, but doing quests and getting over 6k or so exp per quest, makes it easier to level faster than killing mobs one by one without an active quest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 1:01:11 PM PST
Rappelz is fun until around level 25-30, that's when the grind kicks in full force and I lost interest.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 12:46:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 12:50:27 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
lol nice! if she likes pokemon, should show her Rappelz.

she could also play pokemon (gameboy versions) for free here (no downloads)> http://www.playr.org/games/genres/role-playing

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 6:51:46 AM PST
Sudeley says:
Its not bad havnt done much been busy and also have been playing fiesta with my daughter. Working her up in games to get her skilled alittle tough she likes to try to do things her way and not the right way. Started her on sims 3 then moved her upto torchlight 2.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2012 2:55:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012 3:38:21 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
so, Sudeley, how do you like Atlantica Online so far? i'm loving it on my end, I just sold 6 Pegasus Tears for $24.7 million. got my character to level 31 so far and i'm farming for Ashen Crystals from lvl 25+ Blue Dragons, have to get 50 for each of my NPCs to upgrade them so they can get to lvl 50. after that i'll need 100 of em next, when they reach lvl 50. game level cap as far as I know, is lvl 150.

found out you can take over towns from player guilds and collect taxes from the citizens that live in em (which you can't see them when your in the town, even though the town specs says there's 300k or more citizens living in it). the game has the biggest maps i've ever ventured than any other RPGs i've played, it probably takes at least 40 minutes or more to go for one map to the next, depending how far you are from the point where you need to go to get to the next area/map. the mobs won't aggro you, no matter how high their level is, you can pratically sit/rest in front of them and they wouldn't attack you, you have to make the first attack.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:59:47 PM PST
Sudeley says:
I have not looked into the next year ivy bridge. But as long as your motherboard supports the video card, you can swap it out with another brand of card. if your going to go to multi gpu you have to use the same brand card, ie nvidia with nvidia.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012 11:57:59 PM PST
Sudeley says:
Depends if your going to use the 2 1tb for standard storage use or in a raid configuration. if its only or storage 2tb is good, if you want it for performance increase or file storage stability go with 2 1tb in raid.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 8:43:32 PM PST
Dr Black says:
Also I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade the ivy bridge CPU to next year's (Haswell)? And is it possible to upgrade GPU to next gen even if its another brand ie amd to nvidia?

Posted on Dec 2, 2012 6:21:29 PM PST
Dr Black says:
Also I was wondering whether it is better to get two 1TB HDD or one 2TB HDD.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 4:14:21 PM PST
Sudeley says:
wow nice finally, been waiting to use my psp stuff on the vita, i can now dust it off and use it more lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 4:13:18 PM PST
Every PSP game I owned digitally I now play on my Vita. There are only a select few that won't run, like Peacewalker.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 3:52:22 PM PST
Sudeley says:
have they allowed all the games from psn from psp yet? I am waiting for them to allow me to use them on vita then i can play some good turn based games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 3:50:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 3:55:38 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
does that include Final Fantasy Mystic Quest too?

if not, here you go> http://www.gamefabrique.com/download/final-fantasy-mystic-quest/

X = A button, Z = B button, S = Y button, A = X button, C = R, D = L, arrows are the move buttons, enter = start button (SNES controller scheme)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 3:33:48 PM PST
I have FF 1-9 on my Vita

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 2:48:48 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
well, they have Final Fantasy 2: The After Years on the Wii as a download, altho there are several downloads you'll have to do to get the entire game/story, I only downloaded 1 of them, thinking I was able to play the entire game at first. it's not in HD but it's pretty much as if you were to play it on the SNES with 2D graphics, if you download all the storys available, I think it comes to $50 - $60.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 7:04:48 AM PST
Sudeley says:
I will have to give it a try since no one makes that style anymore. Wish they would do some Hd remakes of the classics tho.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 5:14:42 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
was it you who said that you like turn based RPGs like Final Fantasy 2 and 3 for SNES? if so, then check out Atlantica Online, it has better graphics than the SNES versions of Final Fantasy and you can have NPCs fight with you and control them and... ehh i'll just let the video talk for me> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=overZENZrn0 free to play of course.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:06:07 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
anytime.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 4:41:20 AM PST
I'll have to check this out tonight, thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012 1:17:34 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
have you seen Entropia? you may want to play it while you wait for Star Citizen, it's like Star Citizen, but a little different, it's free to play and it uses a real economy system, where most items can be traded for game money and you can trade the game money for real cash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpI_X-LEggE&feature=related here's what it's like.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 6:04:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 6:06:22 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
hmm, looks like a kick ass game, although it probably won't be able to play on my current graphics card (2GB Nvidia Geforce GT 525M). the game looks like the new Black Prophecy game, with more things to do and more freedom (Black Prophecy was shut down and was an awesome space combat simulator MMO game)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (668 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  146
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 7, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions