Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

pc elitists should upgrade to xbox 360

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 227 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jul 14, 2012 2:36:25 AM PDT
R. Wilson says:
While I realize that this is a troll post/thread let me just say that I have a Intel i7 3930k with 16GB of 2133 ddr3 (4gbx4 quad channel) and an amd 6850 (which im going to upgrade when next gen gpu gets released) and so I have not only the xbox 360 beat... but my computer is actually going to be faster than the xbox 720 too whenever that actually comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 2:49:45 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2012 2:52:06 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
well, since we still dunno what kind of power the next gen consoles will have but as far as the current consoles go, they both have 3.2GHZ of processor speed. for all we know the next gen consoles may have up to 4.0GHZ this time around, maybe even more. but they will certainly be useing old graphics cards made by AMD that won't come close to a Nvidia GTX 500 series. they will have at least 2GB of ram and even the new Xbox will use a Blu-ray disc drive this time.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 6:52:04 AM PDT
My current pc will also still beat any next gen console. And my rig is already slowly getting outdated.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 12:04:34 PM PDT
Camoceltic says:
Anything a console can do, PCs do better. PCs have almost all console games (there are more PC exclusives than console ones), PCs can have much more processing power, and usually do, and PCs have much more versatility in terms of software. Want to consider a console an update? Get a PS3 without the update that kills the OtherOS, and install Ubuntu. In fact, a PS3 is an upgrade from a 360, considering you can use it for browsing most websites PCs can go on. I doubt a 360 can check on a webcomic or go on Tumblr without someone making a whole new app for it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2012 1:53:56 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
what I don't get is why i can't listen to my music on LastFM.com with my PS3.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 11:59:40 PM PDT
Going from a PC to a 360 is like going from a muscle car to a scooter...

Posted on Jul 20, 2012 9:16:44 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 20, 2012 9:17:56 AM PDT]

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 2:25:22 PM PDT
Malice says:
I'm still shocked that a PS3 only has 256MB of RAM.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 2:30:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 16, 2012 2:44:47 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
what kind of hardware were you expecting to get in a PS3 that cost only $300?

i'm expecting the PS4 will be more than $300 with better hardware technology, altho i know the GPU will be somewhat old, but will still make the games look possibly better than the PS3 games.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 4:35:49 PM PDT
it has 512 just 256 for system and 256 for gfx. which is the same total as the xbox which is 512 shared.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 9:24:54 AM PDT
T. Lawrence says:
OP doesn't need a keyboard. She trolls hard from her 360 chatpad.

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 10:18:23 AM PDT
Zeno90 says:
You all are missing the point.... Consoles are worse than PC/MAC (Windows/OSX).. However GNU/Linux with WINE is a much better platform than Windows PC or Mac.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 11:03:05 AM PDT
I don't know if that is true, i tried Linux with Wine before, hardly anything good worked.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 2:01:20 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
heh, Linux is only good if you know how to use it and how to incorporate other programs, such as PC games and such to work on it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 2:27:13 PM PDT
i will stick with windows for gaming, for me its the best way.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 2:34:30 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
lol, M$ knows how to make a good OS, but they suck at making a game console.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 4:00:41 PM PDT
lol. true. But i still want a better OS, But looks like their going backward with windows 8. Unless they have a native aero/start bar mode and you can opt out of the crappy default one i will not use it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 6:25:03 PM PDT
That's 256 more than a PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 7:07:25 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
lol umm no it's not, a PC can go from 4GB - 32GB of RAM, anything that uses 256MB of RAM nowadays is....well pretty much obsolete.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 7:26:44 PM PDT
? I do not get the statement. You are saying that all computers have 1mb of ram? mine has 32x the ram of a ps3 using 512 meg that the ps3 has total, if you use your incorrect 256 meg of memory that would mean i have 64x the ram of a ps3.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 11:24:04 AM PDT
S. Cullison says:
Not sure what games you were playing 10 years ago, but for those of us who've been playing a long time.. that's not even remotely true that console games were better. Consoles have always been behind in the hardware dept, and with the exception of HALO, the groundbreaking games were always on PC (Wolfenstein, DOOM, Quake, C&C, Diablo to name just a small few). It's true, it's a more expensive way to game, but most people can figure out what they really need for a build with a few weekends worth of research. I've got no formal training what-so-ever, and have been building my own systems since the age of 14 (that was some time ago, now). My current budget's never stray far from the $500 mark, and are usually quite solid for at least 2 - 3 years before they need a serious overhaul. It's all about knowing where to look and waiting for the right deals. While it's true you can't rent PC games, the games themselves fall in price far faster. I just spent a grand total of about $50 on steam over the summer, and have all the games I'm going to need to play for the next stretch (until the as yet unreleased stuff drops in price, or goes on sale). Factor in the inherent utility of a PC, along with upgrade-ability, you have a great deal more bang for the buck on PC. And with a few notable exceptions, you'll not have to pay to play (XboxLive, PSN). I think I've completely lost my original point here, but I'm just curious what console games were better than PC ten years ago? I'm just not coming up with any, beyond HALO.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 12:58:37 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
>>you'll not have to pay to play (XboxLive, PSN).<<

don't think XBL on the X720/Durango will ever change as far as charging people for online play, party chat and other things, even tho it's free on PC, PS3 and Wii. i'm pretty sure PSN will remain free on the PS4.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 19, 2012 1:03:03 PM PDT
I agree I think Ps4, PC and Wii-U will remain free to use their network. Just wish Microsoft would get on the bandwagon so they can sell more consoles. I will not buy the x720 because of XBL charges.

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 9:00:55 PM PDT
Mike Sanders says:
PC's will always be better than consoles but not cost effective.

Xbox and playstation will always be the choice for people who don't have the money to get a good gaming PC.

Consoles also have splitscreen capabilities-good for people who have friends or siblings that play games

I personally am saving up for a really good one that can run newer stuff like Skyrim and Borderlands 2.

It's not elitism, it's fact.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 29, 2012 4:47:59 PM PDT
False.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (686 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  227
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions