Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

5 reasons why ps3 is better than pc for gaming and mutimedia

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 281 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 17, 2012 1:32:33 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 1:42:41 PM PDT
#2 is really the only valid point you have.

#1 - Buy a blu-ray drive, they cost about $60.
#2 - Touché. PC costs a lot more for a comparable system, though you have the benefit of upgrading components.
#3 - There is a ton of pc games, which includes all the facebook & flash games for the casual gamers. There is a larger variety of games for the PC.
#4 - PC can access the internet, install applications and do about a million other things. aka anything you want.
#5 - Online Gaming is also Free and Easy (because it all depends on the game & how they wrote their network & multiplayer code.)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 1:54:23 PM PDT
Adsuki says:
Brain Y is actually right about that. Cytotoxictcell, where the heck did you get that kind of information? That's just bullsh*t on what you said, and inaccurate but #2 but like Brian Y said, you also have the chance upgrade your gear in your PC to push a game beyond 1080p. Do your research first, and this should be better than the XBOX 360 as well. But both systems are different, and delivers something that I want. Samething goes for the Wii and PC. Happy gaming. =)

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 3:03:54 PM PDT
5 reasons why a PC is better than a PS3 for games:

#1 - No lengthy, mandatory firmware updates.
#2 - The PS3 only has 256MB of RAM. Did you wonder why the PS3 has a broken port of Skyrim? That's why.
#3 - Old games benefit from new hardware. I laughed when Beyond Good and Evil was rereleased on the PS3. PC users only needed to increase the resolution.
#4 - There is a much greater variety of games for the PC.
#5 - The games are cheap! Steam is currently selling every Grand Theft Auto game in a bundle for $12.50. Seven high quality games for $12.50! Sony can't compete with that.

The PS3 doesn't compare. For the past 9 months, I have only used mine to play media.

Posted on Jul 17, 2012 3:54:11 PM PDT
WeaKeN says:
pc has the best games for sure. consoles have the advantage of being easy to pick up and play, with many of my friends online. but if i had to pick one gaming device it would be a PC.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 17, 2012 5:20:44 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
My pc satisifies 4 of the 5 on the list. Just the price is the only one i cannot do.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 7:01:35 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2012 7:05:19 PM PDT
B. Donnell says:
"5 reasons why ps3 is better than pc for gaming and multimedia" review drafted and published using a PC. Not to mention that posting anything anti-PC on a website that a large percentage of users use a PC to access is not in your favor and will result in bad feedback. Sadly not only ps3 (2006 release) but xbox360 (2005 release) included are platforms with outdated hardware the games are limited to the engines available to that hardware and what they are able to render. The only upgrade that a console user can do besides attachments such as fans, controllers, headsets, USB adapters etc., is a complete console upgrade. Just opening your console will void the warrantee where as with the PC (if you built your own (which is in some cases cheaper than stock PCs)) you pay for the individual parts and really the only way to void the warrantee is by water damage. What's good about PC is that it can be upgraded and some upgrades will last you years, example my PC is currently using dual GTX 8800s (2006 release), i72600, 15gb ram I can run any game on the market with no issues on high graphics the only issue I have to look forward to really in the next few years (due to graphics card) is Direct X11 however games generally have the ability to change the DX level down to the previous version. PS3 is a good console, as is Xbox360 they are a more social platform and are fun to play with friends and family on weekends or parties or whatever. Generally a person would not use a PC for such occasions (unless you LAN...LAN parties = win). In short I don't think it is fair for PS3 to be compared to such a superior platform it's like comparing any world power to a 3rd world country.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 10:18:52 PM PDT
Descepticon says:
LOL are your serious? I really hope this is a joke. JPEG.trollface.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 12:52:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 12:54:54 AM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
5 reasons PC is better than the PS3.

1. you can buy a PC with HD/Blu-ray and a blu-ray/DVD burner for that matter.

2. you can buy a PC for $300 too but maybe not with the best of specs.

3. PC has great games too, with higher graphic settings than a console has and can play more MMOs than any console can. PS3 nor X360 can't download and play free MMO's from the internet.

4. PC has more multimedia uses than any console, plus it supports more audio and video formats than any console.

5. online gaming is also free on PC, plus mods for PC games are free but not on console.

I play on PS3 and even I know PS3 doesn't top PC or PC gaming.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 6:16:23 AM PDT
A few reasons why i think the PS3 has SOME advantages over a PC, not saying it's better, i like both equally.

1. PS3 is cheaper as covered before
2. Easy to move around the house, i just unplug it and plug it into the wall and a diff TV. All set to go
3. Lightweight (the new ones anyway), easy to carry to my friends house and vice versa (though a laptop would counter this point, laptops are FAR more expensive)
4. Don't often have to install things, though it does help and there definitely are exceptions (oooh GT5...).
5. The console exclusives that the PC just doesn't get. FFXIII and XIII-2, Disgaea, Dark Souls (though I heard the PC is getting this, I at least got it a year sooner).

Reasons I like PC

1. Steam.
2. It has most every game, and many the Consoles don't (Diablo 3, SCII, To name a few)
3. Modable Games
4. I still prefer a mouse and Keybaord for FPS games.
5. Ease of Music and Media, It's all there on my PC and i can access it easily. Though I can stream it to my PS3, i still have to have the PC first. And I can listen to my own music while playing games, or chat with friends on skype and/or vent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 6:33:48 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Pc is easy to move also. Unplugnlower and hdmi move it and plug on power and hdmi . If you use cordless kb and mouse just carry them in. Ps3 unplug power and hdmi, move it then ug power and hdmi and transport the controllers. If yoh do not use cordless kb/mouse its only 2 more plugs.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 8:57:46 AM PDT
unfortunately for my case i have 2 non HDMI monitors and a 4 plug sound system so it's a lot more complicated for me to move it. and my mouse and keyboard are both wired, as is internet

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:03:16 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
ah I just use the speakers on my tv's so it would be no issues. So for me its 4 plugs total, power, hdmi, kb and mouse. But yes there are others who have 8 plugs. I use Wireless for my pc for internet so it makes it easier.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 11:12:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 11:13:04 AM PDT
waterbowl says:
5 reasons why PC users are better than PS3 users:

5. We don't make lists where we say PC is better than PS3.

4. PC users are more saavy shoppers. They have really good sales on computers each year. A cheaper computer can last you years and years of gaming. You don't need to buy another one till a long time. Some people like the most expensive video card you can find, and that's fine, but truth is you don't need that. Ha, funny thing is that even a cheapy computer still looks better graphically than PS3 games.

3. PC users are smarter. We know how to play a turn-based game like Master of Magic. What's that PS3 user? You don't know what turn-based is? Well... Ever play Fallout? No, not Fallout 3, I said Fallout... oh nevermind.

2. PC users like tougher and harder games. You could put this one with #3 if you want. Console games have gotten too easy, but you can always find a challenging game to play on the PC.

1. PC users don't spend a lot on their games. They even start out cheaper, look at NBA 2K13. I pay 30 dollars cheaper than a PS3 user. What's that again about you saying a PS3 is cheaper?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:32:10 AM PDT
5. ... well now i know the rest of this is a joke but i'll reply anyway!

4. When one piece of a PC costs the same as a PS3... Low end computers can't cut it all the time. My friends is a low end PC, it was still more expensive than a PS3 (not by much, only about 100$ more) and it works great for some games, but impossible for others. If you can find me a PC that for instance plays Skyrim well, on highest graphics, with no more lag than a PS3 of Xbox, for less than 250$. I'll be impressed.

3. Not even sure how to reply to this one... a game being turn based doesn't have a single thing to do with intelligence, more has to do with gameplay preference

2. PC and Console games are almost the same, there are of course exclusives, but not many. Also, Dark souls AND Demon souls say hello... and Ninja Gaiden.

1. True, most PC Games start out cheaper than Console games, or at the same price I cannot deny or even try to deny that. But in my opinion that's because the PC cost more to build for a decent machine.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 11:43:53 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 11:45:29 AM PDT
Thöm Frost says:
troll but i will bite

#1 you can buy a pc with bluray and can even buy bluray burners plus you can buy faster bluray players for the pc
also you can buy a pc for $400 or less and have more ram faster processor and larger hard drive.

#2 my ps3 took me 5 minutes to set up because i had to log in to my sony account. my last pc took maybe a little longer to get going.

#3 there are more games out for the pc then ps3 plus if you wait a few months you can get them for a fraction of the cost. i got skyrim from steam for ~$25. last time i looked it was still ~$50 for the ps3 version.
you cant get wow, diablo 3, starcraft 2 and several others for ps3. plus you can put any os on the pc you want sony got rid of that option, also pc's are for the most part backwards compatible. the ps3 use to be but sony got rid of that option.

#4 the pc you can compose music on can write programs on plus if you get a laptop its portable the ps3 is not.

#5 there are lots of free online games you can play check out steam they have over 20 free to play games. plus if you look you can find free to play mmo's. lots of free to play games on pogo. facebook has free games. yahoo has free games. bigfish games has free games. msn has free games and the list goes on and on.

also the ps3 came out in 2006 so the hardware inside it is 6 years old. with a pc you can just drop in a new video card or processor add more ram larger hard drive etc...

dont get me wrong i love my ps3 but i find i am playing it less and less and playing on my pc more.
only thing i dont like about pc games is the drm.

Posted on Jul 19, 2012 2:15:47 PM PDT
Adsuki says:
Ha ha, this is a funny discussion now. But PS3 cost $300, right? $200 more, I can make a nice PC rig with an AMD HD 6670 by Asus that can play games on high (ex. Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Dragon Age 2) with High Res Texture Pack and I must say, it looks better than consoles in my opinion. Some people likes the more expansive GPU to do that exactly, while someone gets something like... a Re-branded GT 430 for web games and some MMO such as Perfect World like my girlfriend did with her mom. Just like a lot of people say, you can upgrade components every year, and you can use the exact same case. I prefer the cheap cases for PC that has good air-flow. But still, this is halirious, watching everyone bite down onto each other for their opinions. I have a PC, PS3, 360, Wii, 3DS, and a PSP. Why? Because of the exculsives of course! But I grew up on PC since I was 3 so I prefer a mouse and keyboard because of it. But I still love Halo, SOCOM, Devil May Cry, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil even! So, as far as I like to contiune to see this, I think it's going out of hand soon. So let's end this now.

PC are better than PS3 and vice versa. Some of us are PS3 fanboys, some of us are PC fanboys, and the rest of us don't judge anyone and give our loyalty to no one. Now while you guys keep on biting onto each other, I'll be in my bedroom, playing on my GameCube with Lugi's Mansion. Enjoy everyone!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 3:42:50 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
>>Easy to move around the house, i just unplug it and plug it into the wall and a diff TV. All set to go<<

you can do the same with a laptop.

>>Don't often have to install things, though it does help and there definitely are exceptions (oooh GT5...).<<

every time you buy a new game, you have to download updates and install them on PS3.

>> The console exclusives that the PC just doesn't get. FFXIII and XIII-2, Disgaea, Dark Souls (though I heard the PC is getting this, I at least got it a year sooner).<<

I could say both Aion and Blade & Soul takes the place of FFXIII and dark souls.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 4:35:39 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
>>also you can buy a pc for $400 or less and have more ram faster processor and larger hard drive.<<

a PC with a faster processor than 3.2GHZ for $400 or less? maybe for a used one with a single core in it and with a integrated graphics card. as far as hard drives go, you can go as high as 1TB on the PS3 if you wished.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:00:36 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
On ebay I found a quad core computer that is 3.0ghz with bluray for 399.88.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Pavilion-Elite-HPE-210f-AMD-Phenom-II-X4-945-QUAD-3-0GHz-1TB-8192MB-Blu-Ray-/170869689970?pt=Desktop_PCs&hash=item27c8a08e72

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:24:30 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
i think he meant $400 for a brand new one, but yeah at ebay, anything is possible to get a good used PC for a reasonable price with good hardware in it. (altho I wouldn't buy an HP even if they paid me to buy it XD)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:31:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 5:31:55 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
Me either but I know i can build one myself with new parts, who knows with slightly better parts. But it is hard to get one pre-made new that is as good as a ps3 unless you know what your doing building a custom one. My custom built one cost me $800 but its way up there above any console now or the next gen.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:47:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 5:51:21 PM PDT
Sha Gojyo says:
wouldn't it also be cheaper to get the tower and other stuff from Tigerdirect.com much? a tower to you're liking anyway. one with more places to put fans in and other stuff. altho you'd probably go with liquid cooling insted.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 5:55:40 PM PDT
Find me a laptop that can play the most powerful PC games at highest settings for less than 300$. GO a head. i'll wait.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2012 6:10:45 PM PDT
Sudeley says:
Tiger direct is one of my resources, I use whatever place is cheapest for the part. I usually have things coming from alot of places. My packup gaming pc that cost me $400 all came from Amazon tho. Which with the onboard video is more powerful than a ps3 and xbox360. But after i got it i purchased a ati 6770 and put it in hybrid sli.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (682 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  281
Initial post:  Jul 17, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 8, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions