Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

pc elitists should upgrade to xbox 360

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 227 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 21, 2012 10:51:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 21, 2012 10:53:46 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 11:24:44 AM PDT
Ah...so this is what they mean by "Drake's Deception"

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 2:52:28 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 31, 2012 6:02:23 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 3:26:29 PM PDT
Wouldn't it be downgrading....? Lol. JK.
Honestly, to each their own. Both have their positives (and negatives),
but in the end it comes down to preference.
And frankly, there will always be dissent, no matter what. Never will all agree.

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 10:41:01 PM PDT
PC is soooo much more powerful... alot of you console gamers have NO idea.. games are NOT better graphics are NOT better and the community is trash.. its a bunch of 8 year olds screaming about stuff you really need to research before making a post like this

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:13:01 AM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 4:00:46 AM PDT
HenBond says:
Games may be better on consoles 10 year ago, not anymore at least not when it comes to graphic standpoint, just about any games run on PC (providing you have Gaming PC) have way better graphic than running on the console. Game like Batman: Arkham City, the console version lack so much details it feels like playing with low graphic setting in the PC version. Personally I think it is a terrible idea to make FPS game on console using a gamepad, keyboard and mouse are way easier and much smoother to control the movement during gameplay.

Then again there's always pro and con between PC and console, in general anyone with little to non technical knowledge can buy a console and it is more affordable plus you can always rent a game you want to play, a decent gaming PC would require someone with at least some technical knowledge to know what they're buying and the cost is at least somewhere between two to three times the cost of a game console and there is no such thing as PC game rental, you must purchase the game if you want to play it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 12:22:02 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 3:27:17 PM PDT
henbond i have a correction: games were way better on PC than on consoles 20 years ago and still are... i used to play xbox then i got a PC, i bought crysis 2 for the PC and the same for the xbox, i went to the exact same place in the game and looked at a tree with leaves on it, the graphics were so much better on PC the xbox just looked like minecraft or something it was awful PLUS here is a very very big win for the PC: it has commands like in skyrim for example you can marry more people unlock all shouts be invincible.. NONE of this stuff is happening on xbox or ps3. of course consoles are cheaper BUT they break after 2 years and you have to deal with a terrible community, alot of people under 15. PC will always be more powerful and will have the best graphics.. and one more thing to think about: console games are MADE on PC, how does that make all you console fanboys feel? without PCs you wouldn't have consoles. PCs will always be higher quality no matter what, consoles may be cheaper but you get what you pay for.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 5:08:24 PM PDT

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:33:47 PM PDT
Nicos says:
But then... when they upgrade to an xbox 360, you are telling them they should upgrade to a PS3
http://www.amazon.com/forum/xbox%20360/ref=cm_cd_tfp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1J7W3N25TVQ52&cdThread=TxH3BSZMJEW06C

I am sure that if I dig around in the PS3 forum there will be a post there telling PS3 owners that they should upgrade to a PC.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 6:57:14 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012 7:03:00 PM PDT
no ps3 owners need to upgrade to a wii

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 7:20:54 PM PDT
Jalek says:
Wii's are where the consoles actually are better. Mario Cart on a PC just isn't the same.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 7:42:08 PM PDT
Liam Phoenix says:
PC is vastly superior to X360, it also costs a LOT more to keep it upgraded. I switched to consoles because I was tired of buying videos cards that cost more than an entire 7th gen console, cheaper has its benefits, but it was most definitely a downgrade.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 7:44:22 PM PDT
Liam Phoenix says:
Not sure about the wonders of PC cheating, but the console is definitely a plus with bugged quests.

Posted on Apr 22, 2012 8:14:29 PM PDT
Kruger says:
If the 360 is an upgrade from a PC, then the Sega Master System is an upgrade from the 360.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 22, 2012 8:32:40 PM PDT
Liam Phoenix says:
I could go with that, my Master System still works, no RRoD/YLoD in all the years it has been with me. On that same standard the Gameboy was better than the PSP, and my P2 laptop is better than anything I've bought since. Sure they may be a little slow, and the graphics are very basic, but high end electronics sure are touchy compared to the oldies. At least with a PC you can replace individual parts and actually cool it to your own standards rather than relying on the underpowered fans dumped in to a too small case that was designed for form over function.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:41:28 PM PDT
A. Wright says:
I wouldn't call myself a PC elitist but I pretty much game exclusively on PC & there are a few reasons for that...
-Mouse & keyboard
-Gamepad NOT needed

for me it's much easier to use a M&KB than a Gamepad

-MODS

they do count for me. For example I'm playing Fallout 3 (a game I bought when it was still "new") & at the moment I have adopted Bryan Wilks & currently on a quest to help him overcome his fear of ants, thanks to a mod. I am not against Consoles, I just know they aren't for me

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 6:55:52 PM PDT
Consoles aren't for me. I used to be an avid console guy (Still am for Nintendo), but PC beats it out every time for me. All the mods, mature communities (Napoleonic Wars/ Mount and Musket:Battalion comes to mind) and the selection of things you can't get on Console. It just makes the experience special for me. Not everyone is the same, but I prefer PC.

Posted on Apr 23, 2012 11:16:56 PM PDT
A says:
Or if you want to take another perspective, if you examine the rest of the world, we should probably be grateful to have access to either one.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 6:42:10 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
i actually play better on pc. Playing borderlands on console is hardb as hell to aim on console compared to pc. So mh accuracy improves massively when playing via pc.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:04:39 AM PDT
Wait what?!?! Bwahahaha!!!!

Wait....

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Isn't the graphics chip inside the Xbox360 an Nvidia 7600?

Absolutely hilarious!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:13:23 AM PDT
Kruger says:
"At least with a PC you can replace individual parts and actually cool it to your own standards rather than relying on the underpowered fans dumped in to a too small case that was designed for form over function."

B-b-b-but teh insides of teh PCz is too complimicated!!!!shift+1!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 7:24:03 AM PDT
Sudeley says:
Yep try running pc games on that. Once I really started pc gaming I did not have anything less that a nvidia 9600gt which is pretty speedy in its time.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 11:27:06 AM PDT
Chiwar7178 says:
Intel Core i7 980 - 3.33GHz Hex-core CPU
12.0 GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator (IIRC) SODIMM RAM
DUAL nVidia GeForce 560M 1GB GFX cards, 2-way SLi
256GB SSD
Dual 500GB 7200RPM HDD in RAID-0
Clevo X7200 chassis

^That's just my LAPTOP. Console gamers: where is your God now?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (670 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  83
Total posts:  227
Initial post:  Apr 21, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions