Customer Discussions > Photography forum

Has anyone heard of lensworldwide.com?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 23, 2012 4:23:46 PM PST
i ask because thier prices seem too good to be true, so of course i'm completely skeptical. anyone use them before? or know anything about them good or bad?

Posted on Nov 24, 2012 3:22:43 AM PST
brad-man says:
In all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. You've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 6:49:31 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 26, 2012 7:13:32 AM PST
J. Davis says:
I ordered from them.... so hopefully I don't get ripped off!!!! I will let you know the outcome!

I looked at this site also http://www.scamadviser.com/is-lensworldwide.com-safe.html

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 8:24:50 AM PST
Cool! please let me know how it goes with your order. and thanks for the link. good luck!

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 10:29:17 AM PST
I just ordered from there too. I called the number and asked if the Lenses were brand new and if they came with the same accessories and warranties as if I bought it straight from the company and the guy said yes. I hope I don't get ripped off either!

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 2:12:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012 4:25:24 AM PST
I have cancelled my order. When I received my receipt it said it was from Lens Horizon. I researched Lens Horizon and it has terrible reviews and major scam. When I cancelled my order they tried to continue to lower the price. I would AVOID!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 3:14:28 PM PST
sorry to hear that, thanks for your feedback.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012 8:28:40 PM PST
J. Davis says:
Yeah, I think I'm going to cancel my order as well. Amanda, I don't see a number to call and when I tried to research Lens Horizon their website no longer exist. On top of that their BBB rating is an F..... It would have been a sweet deal but it would be worse to get screwed out of hard worked money!!! NO LOVE!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012 4:24:08 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 27, 2012 4:34:22 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:49:11 AM PST
Predators seem to be attracted to on-line camera sales. Not sure why, but they continue to feed on camera buyers. Check amazon, check adorama, check bhphotovideo, if you find a deal that is substantially less than the pricing you find at those three, you can safely assume that the price is a scam. You may not be able to figure out the scam before you place the order, but it's there. Those big, respected, established retailers get the best possible wholesale pricing from the camera manufacturers, and there's no way that some on-line seller with no history and no volume is going to be able to price lower than them. This isn't fast food where a restaurant may advertise a burger for way than cost to get you in the door, and make up the loss on fries, drinks, desserts and such. If an on-line vendor sells you a camera for less than it cost them, they don't get add-on sales and customer loyalty, they just get a loss on the sale.

The standard scam is that you place your order, and then you have to call to confirm your order, or your card number or something like that. Once they get you on the phone, they go into hard-sell and try one or more of a couple of tricks. One version is to reveal that the advertised price is a grey-market item, with no US warranty (and no service at all for some manufacturers) but they can sell you a US version for "just a little more". Another trick is to tell you that you need to buy a battery for the camera, either one is not included, or the included battery is a demo battery that will fail ofter three or four re-charges. Sometimes they will sell you a refurb item, advertised as new. They might offer you a bundle deal, with a tripod, or a special lens, a camera bag, memory card, cleaning things, filters, etc. All the items in the bundle will be generic low quality junk, some of it not compatible with the camera you are trying to order, and the pricing will more than make up the savings on the camera. The bundle might include special professional discontinued lenses that are really hot right now, truth being, again, generic, low quality product. And of course, they may just intend to use your credit card information to get cash and merchandise. If you don't agree to any of their upsell tactics, the product you ordered will be out of stock, and you won't get it.

They are professionals. They run this game every day, over and over. They won't sound shady, they won't sound mean, they won't do anything to make you suspect that they are not trying really really hard to help you. The way to protect yourself is very simple, and it doesn't happen on the phone. Check the prices of the best retailers out there, b&h, adorama and amazon, and don't linger on websites that offer prices more than 5% below those three. Once they get you on the phone and start sweet talking you, you are playing their game, on their terms, with their rules, and you will likely lose. We all like to think we might get a great deal, but those days are gone, you can't change the wholesale cost of a product, and profit margins are thin.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012 8:21:33 PM PST
J. Davis says:
*****UPDATE*****

Stay away, official confirmed this place is a scam. I'm currently in Afghanistan so I use my wife's phone number for all orders. After placing my order and not hearing anything back for a couple of days, I got a little worried. The number that is listed on the website doesn't work and nobody was returning my emails. I cancelled my order and deleted my credit card info. My wife received a call and the person said that because I used a credit card it would be like a month before I received my product. However, if I pay COD they can ship it out right away. They said they have 1500 SB-700 orders ahead of mine and they can only process 50 credit cards a day. What they didn't know is, I reviewed their company and their sister company "Lens Horizon". Their common scam is to send the product COD, after you pay for it and open the product it isn't anything you ordered or anything of value...... Try getting your money back after that!!!!!!

Bottom Line Stay Away Paul LoveKing is absolutely correct. They are not going to get a high end product for way less than the big retailers. Just spend the extra cash and have that extra reassurance!!!

Hope this helps!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 11:03:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 29, 2012 11:04:34 PM PST
Yes, just realized I got scammed by these people. They said their card processing was backed up and that i had to give them money orders upon ups delivery. They delivered the wrong lens and i didnt realize in time to snatch the money order back from the ups guy, who said i had already opened the box. The lens i have is not fully functional and sigma, not cannon worth probly less than 100 dollars. I doubt ill ever see that money again! And the site remains listed on Google Shopping, what the heck! DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT CATCHING THESE PEOPLE?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 12:16:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012 12:19:46 AM PST
J. Davis says:
I would go to as many websites such as the ones below and right a review about this company. That will help other people avoid being scammed as well!!!!

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/lensworldwide.com#box- comment http://www.ripoffreport.com/LatestReports.aspx

Posted on Dec 4, 2012 2:28:28 AM PST
Bang Bang says:
I odered and they sent me a Sigma, many people have ordered and sent the wrong items from these scammers via UPS c.o.d. direct from their site. No address, cell number, admin is a pmb with a scottsdale, az address, and shipment came from another name for the c.o.d. at a fake address in San Francisco, CA. I am getting IC3, LAPD, DCA, and many reports already on www.ripoffreports.com. Do a google search with the www.lensworldwide.com, they are burning people left and right. Got me for 540.00. BEWARE, PROTECT YOURSELF, get the word out! I have also contacted UPS Fraud Dept. of them using a name to do the C.O.D. to 360 Design Nation. They have listings on EBAY too, I will be contacting Amazon and EBAY tomorrow to notify once I have report Numbers from LAPD and IC3.

Posted on Dec 6, 2012 9:26:35 PM PST
Watch out. If you cancelled by logging into your "account" on their website, they got your email password.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 5:20:40 AM PST
Bang Bang says:
I never logged in their website. I contacted by phone. I reported them to the FBI and IC3 formally. I welcome anyone else scammed by these scum to do the same. I pinged their website and did IP Tracing, bounces off 14 servers, no ip appearing. Very sophisticated or just plain stupid using an Hide Ip program. Next order will be by Feds, have fun with that douchebags. Looks like their # was removed from all the crank calls or complaints? UPS closed their C.O.D. account, wonder what they will use next? The address they were sending all the victims funds to was a fake business in NY called "Lens Cabin," which are listed along with the address UPS Fraud dept. gave me under any search, I used google. BBB standing is an "F" rating, wonder if there is even a business there? Probably have access to the mailbox ONLY? BEWARE, this company has used the following names, Lens Cabin, Lens Clearance, Lens Worldwide, 360 Design Nation, and more I am sure. These are just the ones I investigated and found proof positive to be affiliated. www.LENSWORLDWIDE.com FRAUD, INNER-STATE COMMERCE FRAUD, GRAND THEFT, THIEVES!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:07:00 PM PST
This is a scam just as described above. I ordered from them (called Boardwalk Lens). They called back and said they were backed up and requested COD. I was suspicious but I did not know UPS does not allow you to inspect the item before you must surrender the check. Of course my box contained useless filters. I cancelled the money order before it was cashed and I think I will get my money back. If you ordered from them refuse the package DO NOT GIVE THEM A MONEY ORDER.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 8, 2013 3:07:24 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 8, 2013 3:08:02 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 8, 2013 3:11:15 PM PST
BTW: After this experience I re-ordered the item (Nikon SB700) from Amazon at full (online normally discounted) price and recieved it 2 days later. Needless to say, the Amazon package contained the correct fully-functional product. I'll order from Amazon, B&H or Adorama from now on. Never been screwed by them.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Photography forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Photography forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions