Customer Discussions > PlayStation 2 forum

Best PS2 games ever

Discussion moved to this forum by Amazon on May 27, 2008 11:13:29 AM PDT.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 113 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 10:56:14 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
I didn't like the "big console" version of Episode 3 at all. I enjoyed The Bouncer quite a bit back when that came out though. IMO that's FAR from the worst Square's done. Not sure if I'd like it now or not, but I didn't regret buying it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2008 12:02:14 PM PDT
MGS 2 and 3
Vice City and San Andreas
Indigo Prophecy
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 30, 2008 10:46:52 PM PDT
Nyurla says:
the lack of Persona 3 makes me sad. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2008 10:08:28 AM PDT
I'd have to say God of War II is the best the PS2 had to offer. Just about everything else mentioned here is great, too, though. It's nice to hear a mention of Zone of the Enders 2 (I agree, best mech game on the PS2... My copy got stolen while loaning it to my brother and I'm still upset about it, especially since it's so rare now). There's also nothing else quite like Shadow of the Colossus.

GoWII really pushed the hardware to its limits. It's by far the best looking while still being the smoothest playing game on the PS2. If you squint real hard, it almost looks like a first generation 360 game. It's by far my favorite action game to date.

All my friends loved Kamari Damacy, which is maybe why I hated it. I'm really put off by the whole quirky oddball Japanese thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2008 11:32:26 PM PDT
Migz says:
Gran Turismo 1,2,3,4,5 can't wait for the upcoming GT game/s in the future..... ^______^

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2008 2:49:41 PM PDT
Legacyman77 says:
I would probably have to say that Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within ranks highest on my list. The first Prince Of Persia for the PS2 felt too much like a cartoon, and in terms of story, The Two Thrones felt like a repeat of Sands Of Time.

All the games in the series for PS2 were great though, as were Okami, and Tekken 5. Unfortunately I can't voice my opinion of God Of War (1 or 2) because I haven't played either one.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2008 9:38:52 PM PDT
hoss3000 says:
The Warriors and We Love Katamari

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2008 7:50:21 PM PDT
RESIDENT EVIL 4 Never a dull moment in that game, and it's long as hell.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 9, 2008 10:00:11 AM PDT
WolfPup says:
Yep, Resident Evil 4 is just plain great. I think most people will like it, unless you're REALLY squeamish or just don't like a more thoughtful action game (both of which are fine!)

I really don't like gross movies or the like, but the Resident Evil games have never crossed that line for me. And I love the sort of adventure game they are.

The one thing about 4 I disagree about with all the reviews is the control scheme. To me it feels pretty much the same as the previous games. It's been evolved, but it's not a complete departure-which is a good thing to me. But eveyone acts like it's completely different.

What's amazing is all the times Capcom has had an almost finished Resident Evil game, and then completely trashed it and started over. I mean who wants to bet the earlier versions of Resident Evil 2 or 4 would STILL have been better than most games? :D

I sure hope they can keep up the quality indefinitely-and that sales always reflect that quality! They deserve success!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2008 3:52:23 PM PDT
J.M. says:
The Kingdom Hearts games (how come no one mentions those?) and Okami.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2008 5:32:17 PM PDT
Shawn Barker says:
ATV 2 Has got to be on this list IMHO!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 6:18:20 PM PST
Rogue Galaxy - an amazing RPG, I loved it. Do yourself a favor and get a guidebook.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2008 7:13:11 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Aug 25, 2011 8:01:36 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 15, 2009 7:53:19 AM PST
Beavis says:
More honorable mentions: Area 51, Psi-ops, red faction 1&2, and Rainbow six 3

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 19, 2009 4:01:51 AM PST
FFXII, FFX, FFIX, oh yeah, and FFVII...hm. Not too hung up on Final Fantasy, eh? ;>}

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2009 11:32:33 AM PST
John Dandell says:
Here is my list. Some are just have equally good sequels and you should buy both.

1. SSX Tricky, SSX 3
2. Timesplitters 3 Future Perfect, TS2
3. Metal Gear Solid 2
4. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need For Speed Underground #1
5. Resident Evil 4

Honorable Mentions:
1. Star Wars Battlefront 1&2
2. Battlefield Modern Combat
3. Socom 2
4. Toca 3
5. Devil May Cry

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2009 11:39:37 AM PST
John Dandell says:
To D. Baretta....The bouncer? That was literally one of the worst games I've ever played!! So disappointing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2009 12:23:17 PM PST
WolfPup says:
It wouldn't be on my "best of" list, but I liked The Bouncer. That's...I've probably played more games worse than it than better.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2009 5:52:00 PM PST
The bouncer was and is, one of the most terrible games in the history of PS2, the game that you beat in like one hour and a half and after the game was complete the creators "made" this "arrangement" that if you finish the game 7, 10, 12 times you have the chance to play with new characters. It's without a doubt one of the worst mistakes of square, and that brand makes great games, but that game sucked without a doubt. Maybe you like it a lot because before that you had like an atari 2600. But paying 50 bucks for a game that the next you'll dump it on the shelf, well, c'mon, that game it's way off the best game, way off.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 8:31:57 AM PST
WolfPup says:
I don't think The Bouncer is anywhere near the worst game Square's made. I'd put it in the top half. And game length doesn't correlate with quality. Just off the top of my head, that DS Final Fantasy RTS and the DS Mana games are far, far worse.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2009 1:42:39 PM PST
I agree with Res 4 definitely.
Also:
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Baldur's Gate 1 & 2
Force Unleashed (simple, but loved it!)
Area 51
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Posted on Feb 15, 2009 7:24:04 PM PST
M. Joines says:
For myself, my favorite games are
The Simpsons driving games (i.e. Road Rage),
StarWars: Battle Front,
Champions of Norrath,
Lego StarWars series
and Hunter Wayward: The Reckoning,
Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked.

My fiancee says:
Disgaea
Okami
Kingdom Hearts series (I have to agree)
He says, "I'm rather fond of the gummy ship creation. More so in 2 than the first."

I do wish that the console games, particularly Playstation, had come out with more 2-player games or party games.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 18, 2009 11:23:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 18, 2009 11:24:45 AM PST
Galley says:
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
Gran Turismo 4

Posted on Feb 22, 2009 10:04:02 AM PST
xraraix says:
Im not much of a ps2 player and i usually take much time to finish a game,specially NIS games[because I try to complete all the inventory lists]...Here's what I came up with..

Metal Gear Solid[2 and 3]- Metal Gear Solid games have far the best storyline for me.Love it!!
Ar Tonelico:Melody of Elemia[almost all NIS America games]
Atelier Iris 1 and 3
Mana Khemia
Tales of Legendia

Posted on Mar 20, 2009 12:51:20 PM PDT
Paul Zak says:
the best i ever played huh????
1.all the tekkens even tekken tag
2.all the tony hawk pro skaters
3.god of war 1 and 2
4.king of fighters all of them
5.devil may cry all of them
6.virtua fighter 4
7.back yard wrestling
8.man hunt 1 and 2
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PlayStation 2 forum (84 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 2 forum
Participants:  90
Total posts:  113
Initial post:  Apr 11, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions