Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

The Last of Us Release Date May 7, 2013 for PS3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2012 9:19:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 7, 2012 9:20:06 PM PST
Waldo says:
Five months. That's all that separates you from The Last of Us. Tonight, during the Spike TV Video Game Awards, Sony debuted a new trailer for The Last of Us, and it just so happened to end with the title's release date for North America and Europe: May 7, 2013.

The Last of Us, of course, is the next game from developer Naughty Dog, creator of the Uncharted and Jak and Daxter franchises. Set in a post-apocolypic world, The Last of Us casts us as Joel, a man trying to get a girl named Ellie from one part of the United States to the other. In his way? Looters, destruction and a bunch of zombie-looking monsters.

Look for a whole lot more The Last of Us coverage on IGN as the May 7th release date gets closer.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/08/the-last-of-us-release-date

Here is the latest Trailer for The Last of Us as well for anyone who missed it.

http://kotaku.com/5966783/the-last-of-us-arrives-in-may

Posted on Dec 7, 2012 11:04:03 PM PST
C. Burpee says:
This game will be a Day one purchase, but May 7th???? I would have figured that it would come out after this christmas in Q1 of 2013 or right before next christmas in Q4. I am sure it will sell well and all but early spring??

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 9:40:46 PM PST
Waldo says:
The Last of Us Box Art, Preorder Bonuses Revealed

Get'em while they're hot.

Friday revealed the release date of The Last of Us - the post-apocalyptic, cross country journey from Uncharted developer Naughty Dog - and it just so happens to be May 7, 2013. Today, PlayStation is spilling the beans on preorder bonuses for the game.

But first, how about the official box art?

Nice, right? Well, if you preorder The Last of Us at participating stores, you'll get the Sights and Sounds Pack. This gives you...

The official soundtrack
A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art above
Two avatars for your PSN profile (Winter Joel and Winter Ellie)

If you pre-order from GameStop, you'll get the Sights and Sounds Pack along with the Survival Pack. The Survival Pack features...

Bonus experience points for multiplayer
A multiplayer melee attack booster
Some extra starting in-game cash
Special customizable character items for multiplayer
Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign

What do you think of the goodies? Enough to make you run out and plunk down your cash? Let us know in the comments below. And take another look at the new trailer!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/10/the-last-of-us-box-art-preorder-bonuses

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 1:46:54 AM PST
Bander says:
i saw the last of us at us spike video and it was damn good..i thought PS3 cant hold that high graphics ..im sure nuahgty dog knows the PS3's potential...i think PS3 can hold 2-3 years :]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2012 10:46:29 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
Gotta say, that new trailer was impressive! This is a day one purchase for sure.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 8:29:54 PM PST
=D

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 4:25:37 AM PST
Waldo says:
The Last of Us multiplayer won't hurt single-player, Naughty Dog insists

"Always separate teams, separate resources."

The Last of Us developer Naughty Dog has defended its decision to include a multiplayer mode in the game, yesterday revealed in a list of pre-order bonuses.

The studio's community strategist Arne Meyer has hit back at fans who suggested that the mode's late announcement meant it was a "tacked on" addition.

"We don't approach MP in any of our games as tacked on," Meyer wrote (thanks, MP1st). "And we also always have separate teams working on the different components so that we can maintain full focus on making SP and MP up to our standards.

"And we have faith that our MP will stand on its own. If we felt like it would be tacked on, we wouldn't have added it. We want all our game experiences to be of the highest quality and that's what we work extremely hard to deliver."

Meyer also stressed that the time and money needed to develop the game's multiplayer had not been snaffled from its single-player team.

"MP has never taken away resources from the SP game in any of our games, always separate teams, separate resources. The folks working on the single player campaign always have the resources and support to complete that portion of the game to the vision they planned for.

"The SP portion of the game hasn't been skimped out on in any way."

The Last of Us is due for release next May. We've yet to see any footage of the multiplayer mode in action.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-11-the-last-of-us-multiplayer-wont-hurt-single-player-naughty-dog-insists

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 4:53:46 AM PST
I kind of disagree with Naughty Dog on the front that multiplayer isn't just tacked on. Regardless of how much time and money is devoted to it, I just think it will feel thrown in to capitalize on gamers who like that online play. I felt that way about the Uncharted multiplayer as well. It just never felt like it belonged there. I'm not thrilled with the idea of games getting multiplayer just to make a few extra bucks from gamers who would have otherwise passed because of the lack of multiplayer. If it's a single player experience that you're selling, leave well enough alone, and just sell the single player experience. I don't think Uncharted lent itself well to multiplayer, as it was boring, and did nothing to enhance the game. I don't think multiplayer will do the Last of Us any favors either. All that being said, I can't wait to play the Last of Us story, but as for multiplayer.... pass.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:02:52 AM PST
"I kind of disagree with Naughty Dog on the front that multiplayer isn't just tacked on. Regardless of how much time and money is devoted to it, I just think it will feel thrown in to capitalize on gamers who like that online play. I felt that way about the Uncharted multiplayer as well. It just never felt like it belonged there. I'm not thrilled with the idea of games getting multiplayer just to make a few extra bucks from gamers who would have otherwise passed because of the lack of multiplayer. If it's a single player experience that you're selling, leave well enough alone, and just sell the single player experience. I don't think Uncharted lent itself well to multiplayer, as it was boring, and did nothing to enhance the game. I don't think multiplayer will do the Last of Us any favors either. All that being said, I can't wait to play the Last of Us story, but as for multiplayer.... pass."

In all honesty, please speak for yourself. Uncharted 3 (now along with Halo 4) is one of my favorite multiplayer experiences ever. It did not feel tacked on, was not boring, and it didn't take away from its even more fantastic single-player. That anyone could find either Uncharted 3's single-player or its multiplayer unexciting is something I find extremely hard to believe, but I guess it's just a different strokes for different folks thing.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 5:03:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 5:05:32 AM PST
Waldo says:
LOTS of people still on Uncharted 2 & 3 MP. so it couldn't have been that boring to everyone that is still playing it to this day! And that's pretty good for a PS3 1st party MP since most get deserted after a while! Thank god your one opinion doesn't speak for the rest of us!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:10:21 AM PST
Maybe you missed the part where I said things like "I felt." I was speaking for myself. I was giving my opinion. I'm glad you like the Uncharted multiplayer experience, but I don't (loved singled player), and I felt that it was tacked on to make a few extra dollars from gamers who wouldn't have played it if there had been no multiplayer option.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:11:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2012 5:12:31 AM PST
Exactly. It's built up a great big community that's one of the strongest on the platform. His Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection is making me think he's just trolling though. =P

Jk jk.

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 5:13:14 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 11, 2012 5:13:42 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:14:49 AM PST
So an opposing opinion equals trolling now? Oooooook.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:16:37 AM PST
Just providing my input. Wasn't trying to discredit you, though in all honesty, I find some of the thngs you said about Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection to be incredibly inaccurate, especially the supposed "lack" of story points and Shadow of the Colossus being devoid of music when it has arguably one of the best soundtracks in gaming ever, but again, your opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2012 5:17:22 AM PST
Jk jk = joking

Posted on Dec 11, 2012 7:27:28 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
i think this MP could be pretty awesome with the survival aspects. i'm happy they decided to put it in.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012 5:57:07 AM PST
Tenface says:
"In all honesty, please speak for yourself."

To be fair to LA, he/she did say they "feel" that the uncharted multiplayer was tacked on so they were only speaking for themselves. I'd also never find it hard to believe that someone found anything unexciting like you said different strokes.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 12:50:37 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 12:50:49 PM PST
I think this means PS4 Holidays 2013, they really havent announced any other big games for next year except Beyond they might give that a Summer release.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 1:41:41 PM PST
What if I tell you that I have more faith for Beyond that for any other 2013 game?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 2:22:18 PM PST
Waldo says:
How exciting for you!

Posted on Jan 23, 2013 7:24:53 PM PST
I'vee got my Survival Edition pre-ordered, now I just have to earn the rest of the money for it.

Posted on Jan 24, 2013 1:25:52 PM PST
SGwizzy says:
I'll be adding that one to the collection....

Posted on Jan 29, 2013 4:50:02 PM PST
1UP says:
This game looks very good. Beside the Tomb Raider game which is coming soon, this game and Beyond two souls are the two games I definatly will buy. I have already preordered the survival editon from Gamestop.

Posted on Feb 12, 2013 11:03:14 PM PST
C. Burpee says:
Release date is now June 18th.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions