Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

PS3 repair shops in Hawaii

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 20, 2012 2:56:44 PM PST
Kin-foot says:
I used http://www.gophermods.com/ to fix my YLOD. Cost about $80, $95 after shipping. They don't promise 100% fix to YLOD issues but they have a 90 day warranty. It's been 2 months and my fat PS3 80GB is running fine.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012 12:51:10 PM PST
J. O. says:
I had the same problem a while back and was looking into this...
I exchanged a few emails with a site I found and they sound pretty good. It's ps-pros.c@m (switch the @ to o).
But, I have yet to send my old PS3 in to get it fixed... They said they will fix the one you send and only if it's determined to be unfixable will they either offer to send it back to you or if you would like they can offer a refurbished one. That sounded excellent to me, as I'd rather have the same one I send in be the one that is fixed and sent back to me.
Unlike what Sony does even with a extended warranty, they just send you a refurbished one 'similar' & 'possibly', but no guarantees it will be, the same model you send in.

Now keep in mind the facility they repair them in 'I think' was in New York City or something, so I'm sure you'll be paying a bundle just to have it shipped to them & returned. But, if you're like me and really want to keep that 'backwards compatibility' you may have on your system you'll probably do it 'eventually'. I think they estimated it would probably cost anywhere from $50 up to $150 for the actual repairs. Depending on what needed fixing. Could be the power supply, the cooling fan, or 'possibly & hopefully not' the hard drive itself. If and when I get mine fixed as soon as I do, I'm going to look into getting a Solid State Drive hard drive replacement... to help the system cut down on the heat generated inside the case. I know it'll cost quite a bit to do this, but I really think it'll be worth it.

Whatever you do I hope it all works out.

Hope that helps.

Initial post: Nov 20, 2012 7:51:31 AM PST
porchpotato says:
Anyone know of a reputable third-party repair place? I got the YLOD on my Old Fat 80GB and was hoping to send it out to get it repaired and I don't want to pay more/as much as the $150.00 fee to send it to Sony (outdated warranty). And yes, it's because I live in Hawaii, but if there's a good place outside of Hawaii that has reasonable shipping I'd be interested also.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions