Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

What are the best local co-op games for PS3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 1, 2013 10:04:00 AM PST
What are some good(3)/great(2)/fantastic(1) local co-op games for the PS3? No shooters, TPS or FPS, I just don't usually like them. I am thinking about Starhawk (one of the very few shooters I might like), Portal 2, and Castle Crashers. I already own all the LBP games, and the Uncharted games. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 12:00:48 AM PST
Sa2 says:
marvel ultimate alliance 1 & 2. skylandes, skylanders giants.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 4, 2013 3:52:34 PM PST
Joel H. says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 3:54:42 PM PST
Paper Tiger says:
War in the North (Lord of the Rings spinoff game)

Posted on Mar 4, 2013 8:24:32 PM PST
James Morris says:
PixelJunk Shooter and PixelJunk Shooter 2

Posted on Mar 5, 2013 11:49:53 AM PST
you should try Resistance, it's very good.
also take a look at: rayman origins, gatling gears, dead nation...

Posted on Mar 12, 2013 10:54:33 PM PDT
kaori says:
Resistance/borderlands series was actually good coop, I thought enjoyable.
Sacred 2 hack/slash(splitscreen) rpg ps3 very fun for some time, have couple of copies.
For PC better in graphics though.
Castlevania from PSN network shares same screen as well, not to bad. Nice.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 14, 2013 9:57:19 AM PDT
Eric Whitt says:
Dungeon Hunter is a pretty fun game from the PSN, as well as Dungeon Defenders.

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 5:58:25 PM PDT
Twisted Metal

Posted on Mar 25, 2013 11:41:09 PM PDT
Double dragon neon,Castle crashers

Posted on Mar 26, 2013 2:25:38 PM PDT
EpsilonX says:
Resident Evil 6, while it controls like a shooter, isn't just nonstop shooting random stuff like most shooters. there are 4 campaigns and only one of the four plays like a typical shooter.

I'm pretty sure the Dynasty Warriors games have co-op. I know Dynasty Warriors Gundam does, can't say about the rest.

The Lego games are also kind of fun. They're very simple and kid-friendly, but still are good for co-op.

Aside from those, I think most co-op games are shooters.

Posted on Mar 27, 2013 4:29:54 AM PDT
Kin-foot says:
Try LBP Karting? I just got this cheap for my boys. It got a lot of hate for being too much like Mario Kart but we're all having a blast playing it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2013 12:15:30 PM PDT
mattack says:
Are Dungeon Hunter & Dungeon Defenders "generic D&D games"? I know most people consider that a negative, but I'm actually interested in such a game. I actually got Dragon Age Origins 2, and it's "very complex". Which is a GREAT thing for a lot of people, and I actually like that quality in other games.. But for something to play for an hour every once in a while, it's "too deep".

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2013 12:16:48 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 8, 2013 12:16:57 PM PDT]

Posted on Apr 11, 2013 7:18:33 AM PDT
R. Ondik says:
Resident Evil 5: takes a little while to get used to the controls, but once you do it is a great co op experience with a lengthy campaign and story (20hrs) for 2 people. It is split screen.

Sacred 2: Complex for a hack and slash RPG, so make sure you look up how to progress your character and figure out the menus, but this is one I would definitely recommend as it has a gigantic open world with lots of enemies and it is Same Screen instead of split screen.

I find the Lego games too easy, this would depend on your age and willingness to do the collection thing. If you are interested go with Lego Lord of the Rings it's the best of the pack.

The Cave: it's a psn game that isn't as traditional of a game as you may think, but it does have co op and is very reminiscent of the old Lost Vokings games from SNES. It is same screen but sometimes one character may have to watch another off screen.

Borderlands 2: Yes it is a shooter, but this is the #1 co op game for this generation. You can play split screen with your couch buddy and still join up with 2 other people online. That's like dual co op! Plus the game has a significant amount of content, cool story with a lot of character progression but it never gets in the way of having fun. It is split screen.

I believe Dungeon Siege 3 is also co op, but I never played it myself so can't guarantee that as well as Ratchet and Clank All 4 One which is supposed to be really good but I have not given it a shot a yet.

One more plug: While it's not a co op game, check out Heavy Rain. It's an exclusive top PS3, and while 2 people can't play, the story is so good and interactive that a second person would have no problem sitting back and enjoying the dialogue and watching teh story unfold. It is the perfect game to pickup for a rainy weekend if you like thriller / who-dun-it type movies.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2013 2:51:17 AM PDT
Depends on where you live.

Posted on May 20, 2013 9:26:52 AM PDT
J Lamberg says:
Guacamelee!, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, Rayman Origins, Dead Nation, Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World the Game.
It really depends on what type of experience you're looking for.

Posted on May 21, 2013 5:35:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2013 5:37:11 AM PDT
B. McBeth says:
Ratchet and Clank All For One and R&C: Full Frontal
PS All Stars
God of War Ascension (the MP)
Family Guy game is pretty funny too.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2013 12:38:36 PM PDT
badguy says:
Holy Cow 20hrs for RE5 how many times did you die?

Posted on Jun 7, 2013 8:48:33 AM PDT
Derek says:
It also took me almost 20 hours to play RE5, and I did not die as often either.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2013 7:25:34 PM PDT
Serapheid says:
I would recommend Dragon's Crown when it gets released on August.

It's an action RPG that's like a 2D side-scrolling beat 'em up where players move their characters across the screen into the background or foreground attacking enemies. It has 1-4 player local or online co-op.

Also, Diablo III is getting released for the PS3 in September with offline local co-op, so if you're willing to give this game a second chance on the PS3, then check it out.

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 7:50:54 PM PDT
Playing Guacamelee! right now, is pretty cool.

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 8:49:16 PM PDT
B a N a N a! says:
GT 5
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PlayStation 3 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Mar 1, 2013
Latest post:  Jun 20, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions