Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

Dust 514

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 26, 2012 8:35:44 AM PDT
Spirit says:
This game reads like a dream. It has interesting concepts.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221463p1.html

Looks great too and its ps3 exclusive.

Shove that up your adbox.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 8:44:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 27, 2012 8:55:48 AM PDT
Spirit says:
This game is looking better and better:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/27/dust-514-five-things-we-learned-at-eve-online-fan-fest/

From the article:

At the DUST 514 keynote last week we saw perhaps the most tangible interaction so far, when an EVE Online Player unleashed an Orbital Bombardment from his spaceship, down on to the ground battle happening in DUST 514, all live on-stage. Afterwards, I caught up with DUST 514 Executive Producer Brandon Laurino to learn exactly how that happened. "So what you saw there uses all of the communication tools we're making available," he explained. "We were up on stage but, when you're at home playing DUST 514, you're going to be communicating via voice and text chat and saying `I need some help down here buddy' to an ally playing EVE Online."

"Then what you do is use your Cortex, which is kind of like your portable computer, to paint a target on the surface. That target will show up for the EVE Online player to make their way over to, ready their cannons and, if it all goes off successfully, that shot is going to come down from one game on the PC to another on the PS3, all in real time."

I am somewhat disheartened that dust is linked to eve online. Its like they used dust to drag more people into eve. Even so dust looks fantastic so far.

I predict dust will be the ps3s "halo"......although a better one.

Its also f2p and I hate that.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 2:53:07 PM PDT
It sounds awesome. It MIGHT just best Halo.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 12:30:31 AM PDT
Z. Boyer says:
I'll definitely be checking it out since they went free to play....I'm assuming you still have to purchase the game though? I won't let it drag me into EVE....I refuse to pay subs, microtransactions are better...that way I can still play if I'm broke and just spend a little money here and there if I feel like it.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 5:14:55 AM PDT
Dust 514 is completely free to download with micro transactions.

Posted on Mar 28, 2012 8:55:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 28, 2012 9:17:25 AM PDT
Spirit says:
I think dust will be too deep to gain a mainstream fan base so it will not be another halo but I think it will be a "halo" for the ps3. Halo was easy to pick up and play. Not much depth.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Mar 26, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions