Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

PS3 vertical stand quesiton

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2012 4:51:17 PM PST
Macready says:
i got the ps3 2011 holiday bundle during black friday that comes with the 160gb CECH-3001A model. i noticed after using the console that it is very hot and my desk underneath it too. so i want to purchase the ps3 vertical stand to keep it cooler and save some space on my desk as well. as i was considering purchasing the ps3 vertical stand i came up with 3 questions that maybe you guys could help me out with.

1. why does amazon not sell this item? i noticed there was only 1 third party company on amazon that does but at $41.

2. does this work with the CECH-3001A model? i wanted to make sure the vertical stand works with the CECH-3001A model so i checked on sony's website. it shows the vertical stand described as "Vertical Stand (CECH-2000 Series)" and said it was compatible with the following systems: 120GB, 250GB & 320GB.

3. if the ps3 vertical stand does work with the 160gb CECH-3001A model, then does anyone know where i could pick this up for a good price on the web or in store?

Posted on Jan 9, 2012 10:48:27 PM PST
Sony no longer produces their official vertical stand anymore so it's going to be really hard to find. Their vertical stand will work on all Slim models. Your best bet is to just find a non-Sony brand one. Two of them are actually decent and have great ratings here on Amazon. Me, personally, I have the second one since I already have a charger.

- If you want a charger + stand, then this one is for you.
PS3 Move Power Stand

- If you just want a stand, then consider this one.
PS3 Slim Stand 4-Port USB

As for your PS3 getting hot, remember to make sure your PS3 is in a well-ventilated area and nothing is covering the vents. Good luck.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 7:13:08 AM PST
GarionOrb says:
FYI, the non-slim PS3's didn't need a vertical stand as the system was bulky enough to stand vertically on its own. Therefore, any vertical stand you find will work with the newer slim models.

Posted on Jan 10, 2012 12:15:46 PM PST
Macready says:
oh, i didn't know sony stopped making the stand. i wonder why? anyways, thanks guys for the info.

Posted on Jan 13, 2012 11:47:26 AM PST
Tim Harper says:
I stand my slim PS3s on edge all the time with no issue at all. No stand needed in my experience.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 7:27:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 13, 2012 7:28:05 PM PST
Steve Xander says:
I use the second stand he listed. It has vent cutouts on the bottom so you don't lose ventilation on that side of the console. Another thing make sure that there is not to much dust in the PS3 vents. I wipe mine off with a slightly damp cloth form time-to-time and will give it a vacuming if it gets really bad.

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 7:09:58 PM PST
Regardless of the originial, non-slim, PS3 not "needing a stand & can stand vertically on its own"...is there a stand that will fit a regular PS3 160gb?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2012 7:19:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 24, 2012 7:48:38 PM PST
Watcher says:
I thought I had what you were looking for but it seems mine is for the Slim.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PlayStation 3 forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions