Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

FTC complaint for Skyrim

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 99 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2011 11:38:23 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 14, 2011 4:25:22 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 4:01:22 PM PST
Oh, get the F over yourself. This is not an issue for the FTC and even if they did decide to investigate Bethesda they will simply require the company to fix the issue. Bethesda is already working on that so you will just end up wasting taxpayer dollars.

Talk about first world problems.

Posted on Dec 10, 2011 6:54:39 PM PST
jr da man says:
I turned off autosave and only thing that happens is sometimes the game freezes. But usually doesn't happen til at least a hour or 2 of playing. I usually save often but it does suck when u have to redo a portion of a quest. I don't understand bethesda ps3 titles

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 10, 2011 11:47:06 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
wow...the FTC? seriously? i'm sure the FTC have more important things to do than to worry about people b!t*hing about a game freezing on them, seriously dude, you just need to wait for the game updates/patches like everyone else is, i'm sure Bethesda is aware about the glitches and bugs and the game freezing, they are just taking their sweet time to get it resolved by making a patch for it as we speak and waiting for a date to launch it.

it was the same with Fallout New Vegas, had alot of bugs, glitches and the game would freeze alot to the point where the game was pretty much unplayable, few months later, they launched a patch/update for the game and fixed alot of things, the game stopped freezing on me and it was actually playable again. So crying to the FTC is the last thing people would wanna do, you're just gonna have to keep your pantyhose on till they launch the game patch/update, patience is a virtue.

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 4:30:18 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 11, 2011 4:30:34 AM PST
MikeT says:
..... and then we wonder why our government is so bloated and way too big for our own good.

As long as you are heading down the silly path.... Why stop at the FTC? File a class action law suit, or sue them yourself.

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 9:02:05 AM PST
A. Roland says:
I'm glad I opted to buy the Xbox version for myself..I'm very disappointed with my PS3, ever since I purchased it. I was a BIG PS2 fan and never liked the first Xbox, either. It seems like the PS3 is too complicated to develop on, because of the splitting of RAM usage, which the X360 doesn't need to do. But, back on topic; why would you sue Bethesda? How would this help fix the issue on the PS3? It would likely take them longer to patch and update Skyrim when they had to dedicate time and effort to address such a lawsuit and the accompanying investigation of the complaint. If we keep suing game makers over things such as this the prices of games will only increase further. IMO, it wouldn't be worth EVENTUALLY getting a check in the mail for $3.30(or some other random, waste of time low dollar amount) IF the class action suit was settled and it was determined they(Bethesda) acted negligently, or failed to act. They are working on a fix. So, good luck with that. Waste of time...

Posted on Dec 11, 2011 10:34:54 AM PST
MikeT says:
Roland,
Yes, that was the point, the whole idea is just silly and a complete waste of time. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011 2:39:19 PM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
>>> Why stop at the FTC? File a class action law suit, or sue them yourself.<<<

yeah, take it to judge Judy, LMAO!

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 7:57:08 AM PST
Sorry about your PS3 version not working, but that's taking it a step to far. I'm thankful my PC version is fine =)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 8:36:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2011 8:36:12 AM PST
I wish my PC version was fine :( My first two characters are corrupt beyond repair. I'll probably play through it again eventually. Maybe in January when Steam launches their online mod community for it.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 9:56:03 AM PST
Joel H. says:
The ps3 issues are not universal.. i just broke 110 hours with a 12mb file, left autosave on, and i've had 2 freezes. Playing on a 80gb fat and version 1.1

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 10:05:37 AM PST
I had many slowdown issues until the patch. I'm around 210 hours with 14MB or 15MB save file. My old 60G YLoD'd over the weekend, but I played it on my replacement 320G last night and it was running perfectly fine, big save file and all(and it was also running fine on the 60G as well).

There is an issue with resistances right now, but it in no way makes the game unplayable. It certainly doesn't rise to the level of an FTC complaint, which I think is a wild overreaction.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 12:57:06 PM PST
John Lemon says:
210 hours? Do you play the game 10 hours a day or something? Wow someone needs a job and a life.

Posted on Dec 13, 2011 1:21:48 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 18, 2011 11:34:23 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
^
Says the person on a video game forum?

The PS3 issues definitely aren't the same for everyone. I am at 104 hours so far and have only had one complete freeze. It can be annoying to restart the game every couple hours when the game starts slowing down but it hasn't been anything game breaking yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 2:10:47 PM PST
I happen to have a full time job, but also nasty insomnia(3-5 hours of sleep a night at best). It still only figures to around 6 or 7 hours a day(mostly when I should be sleeping). But, hey, go ahead and make your wonderful assumptions. Whatever blows your hair back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 2:41:58 PM PST
Joel H. says:
So in your experience.. I mean given that alot of people say that after 150+ hours on ps3 it becomes unplayable.. did skyrim cause your YLOD? Do you think skyrim was the main cause? Or do you still go to bat for it after 200+ hours?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2011 2:50:51 PM PST
No, it wasn't Skyrim that killed the system. It was acting up for a good, long time beforehand. I was expecting the system to go a long time ago, it just happened to go during Skyrim. Could have happened anytime. The game is running fine, last time I played it. I mean, I haven't had a monster session(more than 4 hours) in about a week, but, to be honest, I'm not even experiencing slowdowns anymore. My main issue is that the patch which they fixed the performance issues broke the resistances. But the performance issues just don't happen anymore.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 4:39:55 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 4:40:32 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
33 days of gametime have gone by since Skyrim came out, that would make it an average of about 6 hours a day. This is definitely manageable... especially since there is a lot more time to play on the weekends. There would be plenty of time to still hang out with friends on the weekends, with a full-time job.

Wow someone needs to go back to 4th grade math class.

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:09:52 AM PST
John Lemon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:17:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 9:18:27 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
What do you do that makes you such a cool guy?

Plus do you even know what insomnia is?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:20:58 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
I think you need a reality check. How is 6 hours a week pushing it? That's not even 1 hour a day. You can easily play more than that during the week and keep up a full time job, family, friends and whatever else you have in your life.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:25:26 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
I wish I could play video games for 6 hours a day. I read in PSMagazine that this trophy hunting kid plays for 15 hours a day (maybe it was a typo?). That's nuts!

I thought video games = life ?

Posted on Dec 14, 2011 9:28:25 AM PST
John Lemon says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:37:30 AM PST
WeaKeN says:
Whoa dude! So, your "perfect life" consists of coming to the PS3 forums and calling people losers for playing video games? I think you have some issues of your own.

I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to talk to us lesser people. I bet your mother is so proud.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2011 9:40:39 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2011 9:41:38 AM PST
J. Pardee says:
Again, clearly you don't know what insomnia is. It's a medical condition where you can't sleep, it's not just from drinking coffee. Voodoo clearly stated that he gets the majority of his playtime in when he has insomnia at night when everyone is sleeping. Therefore it wouldn't affect his type of job or anything else during the day.

Playing video games is no more a waste of time than watching football, playing golf, or any other hobby is.

You talk about wasting time playing video games is for losers and yet here you are in a video game forum bashing playing video games?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  39
Total posts:  99
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions