Customer Discussions > PlayStation 3 forum

Upgrade issues?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 29, 2008 7:57:13 PM PDT
My nefew updated his 40GB PS3 last weekend. He also just got FIFA 09. For some reason after these two events his system quit reading disks. I checked my 60 GB system and I have version 2.5 of the software and have no problems other than it some times does not like to give video but I think that has to do with the way I have it hooked up. I also tried to update mine and no new update was available so I think I have the latest version. I have no problems reading disks since the upgrade. I have however had a couple of problems that were solved with reinserting the disk. Has any one else had problems?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2008 6:38:10 AM PDT
Robert S. says:
If your dashboard comes up when you turn it on, you should be able to go to the disc under 'games' and start it manually.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2008 10:10:59 AM PDT
Since the 2.5 upgrade to my PS3 60 gb, blu rays will freeze up and become unplayable, some games will also freeze up and the screen will become blank. I have read about others with this problem in PS3 forums. I am waiting for the new upgrade to fix this problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 1, 2011 5:08:46 PM PDT
UPDATE:the problem was the blue ray player going out. I ended up with a new PS3. I am glad I got the Best Buy warranty.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PlayStation 3 forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 29, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 1, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions