Customer Discussions > Playstation Network forum

Anyone know what's up with the unavailable codes?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 15, 2011 7:14:48 PM PDT
Maybe it's just me but it appears if you want to buy any gift cards or subscription cards where you get the code right away, that you can no longer do so. WTF!?!? Xbox codes are still available and probably Wii too, but I didn't check.

I was ok with continuing to support Sony, but they'll get my credit card info again when Hell freezes over. I should not have to make a trip to the store for just a stupid code card!!! FYI? As a business owner , the easier you make it for people to buy your product and for impulse purchases, the more you'll sell. It's not rocket science Sony.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011 9:42:43 PM PDT
doublem says:
You can buy the same stuff at gamestop.com.

Posted on Oct 16, 2011 10:00:39 AM PDT
shokwave says:
There were a ton of games and other online codes for PSN as early as last week but there are much less now.

I posted a similar question in the Amazon feedback forum. No word yet.

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 4:51:22 PM PDT
who can answer to this WTF

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 8:36:32 PM PDT
The whole psn store on amazon has disappeared. what happened to it?

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 10:41:47 PM PDT
SM says:
I was wondering the same thing. I need a $10 code for the Infamous 2 DLC coming out, but couldn't find them on Amazon anymore. Hopefully we get an answer soon..

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 12:07:48 AM PDT
Anony says:
same here

I need to get infamous 2 FOB

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 4:41:30 AM PDT
JustSomeGuy says:
What happened to the whole section of PSN here on Amazon?

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 6:18:25 AM PDT
Well we still have a week until Festival of Blood comes out. I pre-ordered it, and it comes out NEXT Tuesday, not today.

I was wondering why suddenly the PSN cards were more expensive than what you're getting. $20 PSN cards are 25 bucks?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 6:24:52 AM PDT
James says:
I have sent Amazon several e-mails about this but no real answer. But they did send me an e-mail about a Gold Box sale on video games at midnight on Tuesday. This is just speculation but maybe they took the psn store down till the big sale.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 10:16:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2011 10:17:34 AM PDT
Anony says:
its not only amazon, best buy and other retailers are out of stock as well. The only site I could find that had them was gamestop.

I emailed amazon, they don't know. I called Sony, they don't know.

So wtf is up?

I live in a rural area where a drive to the city is a pain, and I'd be spending more than ten bucks. Seriously, wth sony(and online distributors)

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 11:59:32 AM PDT
Jon_E_Zom_B says:
I need a $10 dollar code! Wtf, seriously. Get it together Amazon (and Sony).

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2011 1:59:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 18, 2011 2:04:22 PM PDT
I live in Venezuela and we have big issues with buying in dollars- I have bought everything through amazon and a POBOX address in miami:- mi xbox360-kinect-ps3-games-wii etc-- ( as most venezuelan gamers do) BUT last friday I tried to buy some PSN cards codes through amazon in order to buy the Castlevania DLC in psn. and it says that its Unavailable.As you may Know we dont have a PSN for Latin-america and we need to open USA PSN accounts in order to open one.I COULD NEVER REGISTER MY VENEZUELAN CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND MY VENEZUELAN REAL BILLING ADDRESS IN SONY-because THEY ONLY RECOGNIZE JAPAN-EUROPE AND UNITED STATES--- SINCE A LONG TIME AGO MORE THAN 5 YEARS WITH PS3- the only address i can give is the one of the POBOX in usa- miami. Of course if i enter that info plus my VENEZUELAN credit card info... I get a great DENIAL. SO ALL this explanation is for you AMAZON´s COSTUMER SERVICE people and for SONY, this is the mess where you get us- Customers- the ones that pay your payslip.JUST TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS: ALMOST THE ONLY WAY FOR US LATINAMERICANS TO BUY DLC THROUGH PSN STORE IS USING OUR VENEZUELAN BANK CREDIT CARDS WITH A SPECIAL GOVERNMENT APROVED CUPON FOR INTERNET DOLLARS ( 400 US$ PER YEAR) THROUGH AMAZON TO BUY THE CODES.The other way-- and its is a very especulative one- Is to buY the fisical card and pay the order to get it- imagine! some people are being foced to leave their towns to buy a card. But US-- we are forced to pay an international delevery system to get a piece of paper. it is just not fair with costumers.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 2:11:04 PM PDT
Darwin Cardenas says:
I live in Venezuela and we have big issues with buying in dollars- I have bought everything through amazon and a POBOX address in miami:- mi xbox360-kinect-ps3-games-wii etc-- ( as most venezuelan gamers do) BUT last friday I tried to buy some PSN cards codes through amazon in order to buy the Castlevania DLC in psn. and it says that its Unavailable.As you may Know we dont have a PSN for Latin-america and we need to open USA PSN accounts in order to open one.I COULD NEVER REGISTER MY VENEZUELAN CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND MY VENEZUELAN REAL BILLING ADDRESS IN SONY-because THEY ONLY RECOGNIZE JAPAN-EUROPE AND UNITED STATES--- SINCE A LONG TIME AGO MORE THAN 5 YEARS WITH PS3- the only address i can give is the one of the POBOX in usa- miami. Of course if i enter that info plus my VENEZUELAN credit card info... I get a great DENIAL. SO ALL this explanation is for you AMAZON´s COSTUMER SERVICE people and for SONY, this is the mess where you get us- Customers- the ones that pay your payslip.JUST TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS: ALMOST THE ONLY WAY FOR US LATINAMERICANS TO BUY DLC THROUGH PSN STORE IS USING OUR VENEZUELAN BANK CREDIT CARDS WITH A SPECIAL GOVERNMENT APROVED CUPON FOR INTERNET DOLLARS ( 400 US$ PER YEAR) THROUGH AMAZON TO BUY THE CODES.The other way-- and its is a very especulative one- Is to buY the fisical card and pay the order to get it- imagine! some people are being foced to leave their towns to buy a card. But US-- we are forced to pay an international delevery system to get a piece of paper. it is just not fair with costumers.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 6:33:12 PM PDT
I just bought a $20 code at bestbuy.com
Amazon was cheaper originally, charging $19.99 (or cheapest, $9.99 for the $10 codes).
I hope they bring them back. Cuz with my Amazon Visa that was 3x points which equaled more to spend at amazon. I hope it's a temporary glitch.

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 7:16:05 PM PDT
Garak says:
I bought the game I wanted on Gamestop.com. Still waiting for my activation code. I usually just buy the points from Amazon, hope this is working again soon. Anyway, anyone have any idea how long it takes to get an activation code from Gamestop.com.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 12:34:23 PM PDT
Though I live very close to some stores that always carry the PSN cards, I always bought on Amazon, because that way I could get them when I really needed them and didn't have to plan ahead. It was an awesome convenience and as a result I've bought more on the PSN this year (using PSN cards from Amazon) than ever before. I occasionally bought a game code directly from Amazon as well.

Someone in corporate has to know what's going on. and Amazon owes their loyal customers an explanation, even if it's to the effect "We're in the middle of negiotiating contracts with content providers / redesigning our store, etc. ... We will let you know as soon as we have anything to report."

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 19, 2011 1:39:33 PM PDT
have anyone looked at the hoem page for video games in amazon? the present the ps3 psn cards as a new product with an overprice. for example: 10 US$ cards= 14,99 Us$ and so on..... maybe this is the reason to the dissapearance of onlne code selling.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 2:38:46 PM PDT
Darwin I'm not sure what you actually said there...

But, yes, there should be some kind of an update from Amazon regarding this situation. I thought yesterday it might have been caused by the server problems PSN was having during their update (Caused by the large response to PAYDAY and download times of like 4000 minutes). Anyway, all of that's over now and these still aren't available... I don't know what to make of it.

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 10:37:08 PM PDT
read this story, it may calm some of your distress: http://www.psnstores.com/2011/10/what-happened-to-psn-content-on-amazon/

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 5:18:21 PM PDT
How disappointing I have always loved being able to buy game codes on amazon so convenient being able to use gift card balance towards a card/code instead of having to go to the store to buy a card wtf amazon

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 6:07:13 AM PDT
It was so convenient for us but not so convenient to amazon--- just take a look at the cards prices now!-- its obviuos they were not obtaining enough money selling this codes at 19,99 or 49,99. I think they rescheduled their profits income.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2011 10:18:28 AM PDT
Those prices on after market PSN cards take advantage of people who do not have any other means of buying them at face value. Legitimate businesses in the US, like Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart, and major chain grocery stores and drugstores, would only ever sell PSN cards and gift cards for other retailers at face value, getting a small percentage of the sale for their trouble.

Amazon is in fact still selling Xbox points card codes at face value.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2011 8:59:26 PM PDT
Go to Gamestop or Bestbuy;

You'll need a US address for Bestbuy and a US Billing Address for Gamestop

I couldnt find a simple official answear about the unavailability from neither Amazon or PSN

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 24, 2011 5:52:34 AM PDT
do they accept foreign credit cards as amazon?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Playstation Network forum (27 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Playstation Network forum
Participants:  27
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Oct 15, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions