Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Santorum extreme conservative and liar...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 77 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 24, 2012 12:53:57 PM PST
Boomy says:
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/specter-disputes-santorums-account-of-deal-on-judges/

You would begin to think that being socially conservative and being a liar go together....

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:01:01 PM PST
Even Pat Buchanan thinks he's crazy, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:01:44 PM PST
Boomy says:
And he should know...

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 1:14:16 PM PST
ignatov says:
I predict a brokered convention wherein the party decides to run McCain/Palin again, because, what the hell, it's a lost cause anyway and they have a bunch of leftover bumper stickers.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:22:23 PM PST
This GOP are destroying themselves and it's a pleasure to watch.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/arizona-debate-conservative-chickens-come-home-to-roost-20120223

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:31:29 PM PST
See, it really isn't for me.

I'm well to the left of the Democrats, and think that many (most) of them are every bit as sociopathic as the Republicans. In IL we have had a GOP in shambles for a few years, and they've never got their act together in Cook County. What that leaves us with is a Democratic party in charge that has no checks on their greed, corruption and (worst of all) ineptness.

Both at a state and national level I'd like to see MORE healthy parties representing a broader range of POVs and more choices in elections. What we have now is hold your nose and vote Democratic because the "alternative" is horrifying.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:38:05 PM PST
I hope this is what will happen after the GOP explodes. I would love to have more choices too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:43:00 PM PST
Zato says:
Nice post Tyrone. Few people admit that BOTH parties are in need of a shakedown. They are supposed to represent the people after all, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 1:52:34 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 1:56:08 PM PST
Sure, but I won't lie and say that I won't enjoy watching the crazed fundie nutbags and science-hating hillbillies that make up the modern day GOP go down hard, because I will. It's much easier to deal with corruption and ineptness in a party, than it is to fix the mouth-foaming insanity that has befallen the Republicans.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 2:18:25 PM PST
JKW Retired says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 2:21:22 PM PST
Now THAT is fiscally conservative.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 2:43:13 PM PST
Hear hear. If there is only one major party with a thin link to sanity and even that party isn't a good choice, then we are all losers.

I wish every single day that the GOP would return to reality.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 4:36:48 PM PST
Since Santorum's wife doesn't have a voice the Little Woman CAN'T spread his words of wisdom!? She can clap.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 4:48:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 4:53:23 PM PST
nameinuse says:
Apparently Limbaugh has come up with a theory that Ron Paul struck a deal with Romney to only go after the notRomney and spare Romney and/or foreswear a third party run in exchange for future favors for his son in Congress, Rand Paul. (Republicans can bring the crazy, can't they?)

Anyway, it appears to me to be a much more straightforward gambit, that being if Ron Paul can outlive the last remaining (notPaul) notRomney maybe he'll have a shot at being the last remaining notRomney.

But, poor old Ron Paul, looks like the GOP would rather consider a brokered convention if it comes down to that but thanks for playing.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 5:16:03 PM PST
I think there's a deal to have Rand Paul divorce his wife and marry one of Romney's daughters. After that their son can marry a Bush and rule the gopers forever.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012 5:19:32 PM PST
Allen...You DON'T like us very much!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 5:35:54 PM PST
watwwli

Nope, I don't like stupid conspiracy theories.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 5:38:11 PM PST
MisterTee says:
How do you feel about the smart ones ?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 5:39:17 PM PST
MT

Provide hard evidence!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 5:40:01 PM PST
MisterTee says:
I always do !

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 6:00:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 6:00:31 PM PST
nameinuse says:
Lately I've been thinking (along the lines of the Pat Robertson reference below) that it's not so much new candidates the GOP needs. It's a new base because the main advantage a brokered candidate has at this point is that he could sail through to nominee without having do an idjit chicken dance with super gnarly quoteable quotes to satisfy the base so they might have a shot at actually winning in a general election.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 6:03:27 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 6:08:16 PM PST
MisterTee says:
They wouldn't support a candidate who demonstrated the ability to think and reason.

They are looking for a Faux Noise parrot. So that's what they've gotten.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 6:06:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012 6:08:37 PM PST
nameinuse says:
Well seriously, follow my reasoning.... if a candidate didn't have to pander to the base all through a primary election cycle they might actually come across as less loopy when they get to the general election because the kinds of humiliating hoops they have to jump through to succeed against one another is a completely different set of things they are expected to say to defeat an opposition party candidate.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 6:08:03 PM PST
MisterTee says:
Oh I'm following your reasoning NIU !

I'm right there with ya. It's really a chicken-and-egg conundrum.

Which came first ?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 24, 2012 6:12:31 PM PST
nameinuse says:
The base comes first and they're the egg and the candidates say the silly things the egg demands to hear because they're chicken..
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  16
Total posts:  77
Initial post:  Feb 24, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions