Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Get it through your pea-brains: these tragedies CANNOT be prevented. The perps will ALWAYS get a gun even if you ban guns.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 367 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 1:31:34 PM PST
sprinter says:
After a shooting spree, liberals always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:33:47 PM PST
Ice King says:
People who rush to blame and defend guns immediately after these tragedies are disgusting imbeciles.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 1:35:19 PM PST
It's to be expected on a discussion forum. All it takes is somebody on one side to start it and the other side is obligated to defend their POV and on and on it goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 2:36:19 PM PST
The Weasel says:
worried about the world we live in says:
After a shooting spree, liberals always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it.
Well DUH. Since we have a right to carry arms you CAN'T take away weapons from those "who didn't do it". Are you worried about a Constitutional Amendment that would do away with that right?

I haven't heard any such thing discussed ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:29:37 PM PST
south texas says:
a outright ban like alcohol no, making it harder to obtain i can see that and it has been brought up before.

have ins policy that no one can afford and this angle i see being used. if you have weapons they have to be stored in a outrageously priced safe and all have to be registered. sheriff not giving out permits for some unknown reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:31:09 PM PST
C. Scanlon says:
do it

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:35:06 PM PST
Katrina says:
Maybe banning ALL guns in America would be the way to go?

At least no more gun deaths.

Plus, the cops wouldn't be allowed to kill so many people anymore,...that might make it worth it right there.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:36:34 PM PST
C. Scanlon says:
or black watch cop wannabe's like georgie zimmerman

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:40:27 PM PST
Sheila (NJ) says:
Seriously, is there two different people going by the name of "worried about the world we live in"? The one I remember would NEVER have posted that OP.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:41:48 PM PST
lowbo says:
Let's be sure to focus on the symptoms of a sick society and ignore the causes.

And they have very little to do with guns.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:42:39 PM PST
south texas says:
no we have to have great generalzations and go after the agenda.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:44:16 PM PST
I think the Capt/Han Iona has 'borrowed' that name in a typically gracious and courageous move.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:53:06 PM PST
VicAriel says:
Why do cons want guns? Why do they demand that the US have a military 4 times what is needed to protect ourselves?

The answer is that you're wimps who are afraid of your own shadow. Admit it. You never engaged in sports or anything that involved risk. You and other cons were that way since the day you were born. Please don't inflict your paranoia on those who have a modicum of self-confidence.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:55:33 PM PST
Rhea D. says:
calling people "pea brains" however goes a few steps towards creating the kind of hatred against others that makes people on the edge want to kill them.

Do you realize how much you contribute to the problem with your hatred and derision?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 4:02:33 PM PST
I'll never forget attending a healthcare convention years ago. One speaker from Scotland wryly noted:

In Scotland, healthcare is a right and owning a gun a special priviledge.
In the States, it is the other way around.

And no, you don't see these kind of massacres in the most of the rest of the civilized world because of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 4:21:25 PM PST
S. Evans says:
south texas says: "have ins policy that no one can afford and this angle i see being used. if you have weapons they have to be stored in a outrageously priced safe and all have to be registered. sheriff not giving out permits for some unknown reason. "

I have no problem with this, and am not sure why you got down-voted. I'd go further. Mandatory 6-month waiting period to purchase a gun. Meanwhile, establish a database that only law enforcement has access to. Mandate that every health care practitioner, counselor, etc. report people to this database who arouse their suspicions. We already do this with suspected child abuse. When you go to buy a gun, if your name is in the database, you must get an attorney and file a court action to clear you, or you don't get a gun. Mandate all current guns must be secured in approved, locked safes unless it is in the registered owner's hand. If one of your guns is used by someone else, you get the same legal penalty that the convicted user gets. Ban the private sales of any and all guns. Ban internet sales of ammo. To buy a multi-round clip (say over 9), same background checks and waiting period as for the weapons themselves.

Gun owners need to suck it up and realize that their rights stop where our right to be safe -- especially our CHILDREN's right -- begins. You want a gun? Fine. Then you will jump through the hoops.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:30:03 PM PST
I am sure that mental health services will continue to among the first to have their budgets cut.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:03:34 PM PST
El Kabong says:
I couldn't have said it better

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:35:00 PM PST
Intrepid says:
The innate celebration of violence in our culture plus ready availability of ranged weapons IS a lethal mix. Guns are merely an enabling tool. It is our culture of violence that needs to be examined. But I have my doubts we have the will to change that. We are a disgruntled lot, we Americans. More prone to take matters in our own hands than others from whence our ancestors came. After all, it's why they left, fled, or were banished.

Perhaps the same discontent over deaths of too many children and innocent folk will yet make us try to find solutions. Because what we have should not be acceptable to anyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:50:30 PM PST
Bad Grandpa says:
"Get it through your pea-brains: these tragedies CANNOT be prevented. The perps will ALWAYS get a gun even if you ban guns."

Quite possibly the dumbest statement I've seen in a long while.
In 2010 Canada had 170 homicides by firearms vs. 8,775 for the U.S.
We're # 1!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:13:46 PM PST
Peony says:
"Mandate that every health care practitioner, counselor, etc. report people to this database who arouse their suspicions."

What do you envision would be included in the list of suspicious behaviors?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:33:18 PM PST
Get it through your tin foil hat: if you control guns at least as much as rabid animals are controlled, the murder rate in the US would decrease 90% !

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:45:24 PM PST
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV-TR Fourth Edition (Text Revision)

I'm sure the list of suspicious behavior could be developed from this, much as police records are used to assign people to the Homeland Security Watch and No Fly Lists.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:55:46 PM PST
Rhea D. says:
" Mandate that every health care practitioner, counselor, etc. report people to this database who arouse their suspicions. "

So if I were a health care professional, I would be obligated to report a couple dozen people just on these forums, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 9:57:23 PM PST
Just be sure to include yourself !
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  41
Total posts:  367
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 16, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions