Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Why so much "Post Election Analysis" when the better man won?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 156 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 11:36:27 PM PST
Brown says:
I've never seen so much "Post Election Analysis". Why are so many people ransacking their brains trying to figure out why Obama won when he was so clearly the better man.

Even when Bush stole the damn thing so many so called experts weren't knocking themselves out trying to figure it out.

Why is this?

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 11:38:08 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:39:59 PM PST
Patricia K. says:
He wants to know when the Benghazi Investigation will be done.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:41:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 11:44:23 PM PST
The far right is in shock right now. They had themselves convinced that they had everyone else convinced that President Obama was really a Kenyan Muslim Brotherhood member who was secretly gay and had all of his gay lovers killed so they wouldn't blackmail him. Over the course of the last couple years, I've heard them say such gems like "I don't want socialized medicine, so I'm moving to Canada!" (Where medicine really is socialized, and everyone has access to it. The horror.)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:43:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 11:50:36 PM PST
Right after we investigate the Bush Administration for all of its dirty laundry like "Iraq has nuclear weapons according to British Intelligence. Now here's Colin Powell to scare you shitless about Anthrax that Saddam really doesn't have any of, either!"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:49:19 AM PST
Katrina says:
Brown. "Why is this?"

How the hell did the black guy win???

Many on the Right are beginning to question "BubbleWorld",....even though it is warm and fuzzy,....it may not be REALITY!

(a traumatic realization, I'm sure)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 12:52:03 AM PST
nameinuse says:
Because the media information bubble had a market correction and the right wing was left dazed and confused.
Kind of like last election. Same bubble, different market.

Same o. Same o.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 2:13:33 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
Because Republicans did a very good Göbbels job of bluster and lies before the election - their fantasy universe.
So everyone is stunned that the election wasn't even close.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 2:16:07 AM PST
Truthseeker says:
Not just the right wing. I am still dazed by the extent of Obama's win.
This wasn't even a contest. It was a rout in Obama's favor.

This reminds me of 1990, when Saddam was talked up to be some formidable force.
Then when the first Gulf War happened in January 1991, it was a rout.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 3:52:06 AM PST
Interesting times we live in when a bare half is a rout.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 4:26:25 AM PST
Bubba says:
It is called sour grapes.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 4:38:30 AM PST
freedom4all says:
No, history has the last word. The country has massive problems. If Obama grows the economy he will be viewed well. If his Keynesianism fails, the long discussions of history will not be kind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 6:46:41 AM PST
Brown says:
Exile, people like you typify the reason why this was even perceived as a close election to begin with. In the end it really wasn't, meaning that once you factored out the clueless, this really was no contest yet all this shock and endless analysis...it's very disrespectful.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 6:51:55 AM PST
not to mention depressing

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 7:00:19 AM PST
lowbo says:
This is what happens when the zombie portion of a population starts to believe its own propaganda.

GOP=Walking Dead

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:02:38 AM PST
DCSports says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:05:49 AM PST
DCSports says:

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:05:59 AM PST
lowbo says:
It takes a lot of coverage to show how out in left field the RW pundi(n)ts were.

Dick Morris SHOULD be stunned...

Repeatedly

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:06:51 AM PST
Brown says:
Katrina says : " How the hell did the black guy win???"

You mean win AGAIN!!! lol

You say " nice looking Christian man with business experience should easily defeat the incumbant."

The Mormon cult is closer to Scientology than it is to any mainstream Christianity I'm familiar with, and with all of Romney's lies...uhm...I mean "flip-flopping", I'm not sure he was even the better Christian since Obama is Christian too.

I contend all this over analysis is just poor sportsmanship, being conducted in poor taste, by sore losers.

At the end of the day it's a reflection of their racism!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:09:32 AM PST
Brown says:
Truthseeker says:Not just the right wing. I am still dazed by the extent of Obama's win.This wasn't even a contest. It was a rout in Obama's favor.

Exactly!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:09:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 4:56:06 PM PST
Experts are analyzing why the GOP platform focused on lies, fear, racism and hate rather than focusing on the economy, business and jobs growth, education, and health -- all the things the GOP promised to take away from the American people once they returned to power. The GOP did promise to start more wars and alienate foreign leaders which would further threaten the already fragile national security of the USA

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:11:31 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:18:18 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:18:19 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 10, 2012 7:20:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 7:21:32 AM PST
Brown says:
Grady nubbins says:Interesting times we live in when a bare half is a rout.

303 to 206, with Flori-duh still counting and too close to call, is a rout! (and last I heard, Obama took Flori-duh).

That's approximately a 50% margin in the electoral college.

Sorry, that's a rout in anybody's book.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
2385 18 hours ago
Remember the injustice of August 1, 1972 4 8 seconds ago
Gallup: Partisanship Points to Tough Midterm Environment for Dems 18 1 minute ago
Congress Manages to Cross Aisle to Hold Colleges Accountable for the Sexual Assault Numbers 87 1 minute ago
Satanists Use Hobby Lobby Decision to Play Devil's Advocate 124 2 minutes ago
Lois Lerner: GOP are ___holes 76 3 minutes ago
Remember to Celebrate August 5, 1981: Ronald Reagan Fired 11,345 Striking Air Traffic Controllers! 53 4 minutes ago
9/11: Your Comments Debunked 3284 5 minutes ago
Sierra Club is Stupid 18 7 minutes ago
Aunty Ammy's House of Pancakes and Plaititudes 8642 8 minutes ago
Only 27 percent of Americans have a favorable opinion of Muslims, down from 35 percent in 2010 34 9 minutes ago
Illegal aliens protest at WH. They feel secure enough to demand that they participate in writing new immigration laws. 97 10 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  34
Total posts:  156
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions