Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

The 1% strikes back, firing employees purely as revenge for President Obama's re-election.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 84 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2012 3:57:55 PM PST
Here's another one:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/55244189-78/coal-murray-font-mine.html.csp

The owner and operator of an unsafe coal mine that has killed and maimed dozens of workers in the last couple of years and has earned criminal and civil fines from the EPA and OSHA fired 102 coal miners as revenge and to take out his frustration at Obama having won a second term.

In the middle of this disgusting one-percenter criminal fat cat destroying the income of 102 working class Americans, he "prays" to "God" and "Jesus".

What a disgusting spectacle.

Americans should band together and refuse to be intimidated and bullied around like this.

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 7:21:31 PM PST
*The owner and operator of an unsafe coal mine that has killed and maimed dozens of workers in the last couple of years and has earned criminal and civil fines from the EPA and OSHA fired 102 coal miners as revenge and to take out his frustration at Obama having won a second term.

Hope they looked on their face book and other places where they post to find people that made doing business harder.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:23:14 PM PST
VRWC says:
It's not revenge dude.... no employer is going to lay off employees who can make him money.... only those that he won't be able to afford....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:30:35 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
Don't say that. PonyBoy knows everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:33:49 PM PST
Lonya says:
"It's not revenge dude."

Agreed. But it is a good cover . . . . if someone felt the need for cover.

(That is just Friday night spec and not meant to be an accusation!)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:34:21 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:36:53 PM PST
A customer says:
<< Americans should band together and refuse to be intimidated and bullied around like this.>>

"Mormon and future God" PINK PONIES,

Uh, NO. The 1% are cutting their cost for higher taxes & Obamacare taxes. You voted for those, so now you're going to complain, typical.

Private businesses cease to exist if they don't have a 1 yr, 5 yr & 10 yr future growth strategy. Apple INC. better find one fast, there stock is down over 20% OR 20 billion dollars in 30 days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:45:00 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
And Apple just took a hit on a Proposition in CA. Time to consider moving their entire op out of California, now. The Nevada gambit worked until Tuesday.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:50:32 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 7:51:48 PM PST
A customer says:
I think Apple will recover ... great company with 100 (?) billion dollars in the bank.

They missed on there revenue due to a slow quarter .... first miss ever I believe.

Apple typically is conservative in their outlook, so this is why the big reaction ... but only a small amount of shares traded hands. The rest of the stock is still very valuable & will next test $800 per share.

All the experts where projecting $1,000 per share just a few months ago ... that's the good thing with great companies, they survive.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:52:08 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
Trouble is.....California is a Company-Killer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 7:59:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 9, 2012 8:03:58 PM PST
Apple is mostly parasitic on Free and Open Source software projects. They take way more than they give. They do everything they can to subvert the spirit of the license without technically violating the letter of the license itself whenever they are forced to deal with copyleft because no better software exists for the takers at Apple to take. They deliberately made the fork of KHTML and KJS unusable by the time they released it and refused to work with KDE to develop a unified library.

The funny part of that was that they gave the reason for forking KHTML and KJS as (to the effect of) "they were well written and did a lot with a relatively small amount of code", and today, Webkit is bigger and fatter than Mozilla Gecko. Parts of that are because proprietary software companies are content to write code of bad quality to release faster. Apple stopped being the majority contributor to its own Webkit project years ago and now pretty much just freeloads off of what Google and the KDE, Qt, and GNOME/GTK people are doing with it.

Every once in a while, Apple rolls a new Webkit for Safari and brings in all these nifty features they didn't contribute to it (and a few hundred security patches they left open forever in Safari in the process).

Apple does software all wrong. I'm amazed their crap ever even works at all. They lose hands down to Linux on just about every freaking benchmark there is (especially all the file system ones). They make it look pretty and stop there. They nickle and dime for some of the smallest and simplest pieces of software out of the "app store" because the developer knows they can get it from Apple's demographic and Apple takes a massive cut on top of that.

I think that if it wasn't for the seemingly endless supply of people that can only barely manage to turn the computer on, Apple would be out on their asses in the cold pretty fast.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:04:17 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 9, 2012 8:04:50 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:08:21 PM PST
K. A. Lien says:
Trouble is.....California is a Company-Killer.
====================
yep, education killer too, at least L.A.U.S.D.

The people here voted a tax increase on businesses that will be used for "green" whatever. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, hit them business with an increased tax. I wonder who pays that?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:15:29 PM PST
"They lose hands down to Linux on just about every freaking benchmark there is"

Except the only one that matters. Linux is unpopular, Apple is not.

Comfort yourself by saying that everyone is stupid but you. Still, I have made a killing on Apple stock.

You are still jerking off in your parents basement.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:23:00 PM PST
Voice of god says:
"The owner and operator of an unsafe coal mine that has killed and maimed dozens of workers in the last couple of years and has earned criminal and civil fines from the EPA and OSHA fired 102 coal miners as revenge and to take out his frustration at Obama having won a second term."

Sounds like he did them a favor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:26:44 PM PST
Voice,

So there is a Republican union, or a Republican owner of a union shop??

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:35:25 PM PST
Auntie Lynn says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:36:44 PM PST
Well said, M and f G Pink Ponies!
I'm tired of corporations holding us all hostage like this. For CEOs to lay off workers because they don't like who their fellow citizens elected as President is a form of extortion. If they have to lay off workers 3 days after the election, then they were already in trouble.

Before they lay off workers, I would hope the CEOs would cut into their own massive salaries.

I know. Call me a dreamer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:43:13 PM PST
Alpha...Karen,

I actually saw that happen, years ago. We had a new HR executive who was on a second career. The gals that had worked there for years working the switchboard, and other duties as assigned help him get to know the ropes. When Engineering companies were on their downhill slope, as a manufacturing company we were also in the throws of downsizing. When this guy was told he had to cut someone he said he'd go, he made more money and that if they were hurting that much it made more sense to cut the top. Management was appalled and told him repeatedly that that is not what the meant! He left, leaving those that that preceded him and needed the paycheck to continue in their jobs. But I will grant you you don't see it all that much ;-)

Posted on Nov 9, 2012 8:50:06 PM PST
Exile says:
Revenge or not, its a reality.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 8:59:59 PM PST
Wow!!!
Well, that gives me some hope in humanity...
Thank you, Reed! I needed that tonight!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 9:06:58 PM PST
nameinuse says:
OTOH I had a few jobs in college that I would have given up for a Klondike bar.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:44:34 PM PST
Alpha...Karen,

Glad I could help. It was sometime back, so you can see that it made an impression on me too!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 10:57:56 PM PST
Mormon--"Americans should band together and refuse to be intimidated and bullied around like this."

>>JGC: And refuse to believe such blatant BS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:03:24 PM PST
dss says:
A simular thing happened where I used to work. We voted for a 10% pay cut instead of firing. But it was temporary -- six months. At the end of that time our manager quit and his salary made up for the three people they would have fired otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2012 11:10:43 PM PST
dss,

I too had a pay cut where we only worked 9 days not 10 day to cut the payroll enough to not lay off anyone. Isn't it great when things can work out that way! We were just in a temp 6 month also, and once the next fiscal year came around I don't recall anyone having to be fired. There were several that asked to count their reserve duty as those forced, unpaid days --- it was granted. Others asked for a whole week off because they could get a temp job for a week and that was also granted.

More recently I had a boss taking his own vacation so our project would not run out of money. That one was protecting my salary and several others!!! There are still some great bosses, but they get lost in the shuffles!

Glad you it worked for you too!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
3449 18 minutes ago
Ogallala Aquifer 89 13 seconds ago
UK in/out 434 56 seconds ago
Brexit buyer's remorse as the full consequences begin to be felt 196 2 minutes ago
Obama is a Lame Duck. Hillary is a Blond Penguin Swindler. Impeached Bill is a Dog. 3 2 minutes ago
Loretta Lynch explains Obama's plan to combat terrorism. 26 2 minutes ago
Emails: Key security features disabled on Clinton's server 186 3 minutes ago
The Death Penalty - Yay or Nay? 44 7 minutes ago
Brexit Humiliates Hillary & Obama, Boosts Trump 369 9 minutes ago
West Virginia Flood - At least 26 dead 35 14 minutes ago
Republicans against Democracy (as usual) 12 18 minutes ago
The FBI has promised Hillary that they will CONTINUE to investigate her half-heartedly, going through the motions, and should wrap up arorund 2024. They Promise. Obama's FBI, Enabling Blond Penguin Swindlers into the future...the DISTANT future... 13 23 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  84
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions