other Blue States with us.

In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon,
Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the rest of
the Northeast.

We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation and especially
to the people of the new country, The Enlightened States of America
(E.S.A).

To sum up briefly:
You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states.

We get stem cell research and the best beaches.

We get Andrew Cuomo and Elizabeth Warren. You get Bobby Jindal and Todd Akin.

We get the Statue of Liberty. You get OpryLand.

We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom.

We get Harvard. You get Ole' Miss.

We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs.

You get Alabama.

We get two-thirds of the tax revenue. You get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. You get a bunch of single moms.

With the Blue States in hand we will have firm control of 80% of the country's fresh water, more than 90% of the pineapple and lettuce, 92% of the nation's fresh fruit, 95% of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners), 90% of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the US low sulfur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States you will have to cope with 88% of all obese Americans and their projected health care costs, 92% of all US mosquitoes, nearly 100% of the tornadoes, 90% of the hurricanes, 99% of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100% of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia.

We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

38% of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62% believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44% say that evolution is only a theory, 53% that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61% of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

We're taking the good weed too. You can have that crap they grow in Mexico.

Sincerely,

Citizens of the Enlightened States of America"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:55:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:56:08 AM PST
freedom4all says:
I would take that split. Remember Hong Kong has little to no natural resources, only a relatively free market.

Which begs the question, why did Lincoln not let us go in 1861 instead of warring on us and killing 620,000 Americans.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:55:54 AM PST
Honestly, this libertarian is tired of all this liberal gloating. You won, awesome, now stop this immature gloating.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:56:23 AM PST
We both know the answer to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:58:10 AM PST
freedom4all says:
JD, both sides are nation-statists and love the winner take all system. The 48.5% now must obey the 50% percent. Is not democracy not wonderful?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:59:09 AM PST
Oh let 'em gloat while they can. If Romney had won, Repubs would be doing the same thing. ;o)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:59:39 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:00:02 AM PST
And I would be just as annoyed. I've never seen such sore winners.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:03:19 AM PST
freedom4all says:
And wanted the cheap manufactured goods from Europe. This the North could not allow.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:03:42 AM PST
Us independents, on the other hand, never get the chance to gloat, which is truly a shame. =o(

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:06:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:12:21 AM PST
Smallchief says:
Admittedly, it's a joke -- but it has serious undertones. A nation divided among itself cannot stand. Somebody said that. And the social, economic, and political division between north and south is widening -- not narrowing. States rights can work both ways -- and I'm rather tired of the South.

Demographics may push the Republican party and its adherents toward the center. I believe that political realities will dictate that. But, if not, and the divide continues to grow, then....? Well, you figure it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:10:33 AM PST
Okay. I guess we will have most of the food though.

Is this going to be like India and the then 2 Pakistans partition in 1949?FN Will there be a time for people to move? You do realize you have large populations in all the blue states who would prefer to red?

Are you really casting off the swing states now that they gave you their electoral votes?
__
FN: in case you didn't know, Bangladesh used to be called East Pakistan; Pakistan, West Pakistan.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:10:37 AM PST
All we have to do to settle the national debt is sell California to the Chinese. They practically own you red shirts anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:11:34 AM PST
Katrina says:
Smallchief.
Fine,...have it your way,...the only thing we care about is the Federal Aid that keeps coming this way,...that won't stop,..............will it???

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:14:53 AM PST
freedom4all says:
Should the South be let go this time chief without killing 2% of the population?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:15:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:17:29 AM PST
W.T. says:
Red States call dibs on the "United States of America" name.

Oh, I'd take Vandy and Duke over Harvard and Yale any day.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:19:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:21:09 AM PST
freedom4all says:
How about the Federal States of America meaning a true federation of sovereign independent states which was the first United States of America?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:20:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:21:02 AM PST
Smallchief says:
Magnolia says: In case you didn't know, Bangladesh used to be called East Pakistan; Pakistan, West Pakistan.

Smallchief replies: And nobody in either wants to rejoin. I've been in both and they are delighted to be independent of each other. So are the Czechs and the Slovaks. And the Serbs, Croats, Bosnians, Macedonians, Kosovars, and Montenegrins. And the 22 or so former members of the USSR.

Regarding swing states, Virginia and Florida are now more like northeastern states than southern states and North Carolina is almost there. Georgia will the next state to join the "Northeast." I'm congratulating them, not casting them off.

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:21:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 8, 2012 7:51:04 AM PST
I'd take it.
As long as you promise no give-backs on California.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:22:57 AM PST
freedom4all says:
What do you find so great about the Northeast chief?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:23:00 AM PST
Smallchief says:
F4us: Should the South be let go this time chief without killing 2% of the population?

Smallchief replies: Absolutely! But what I"m suggesting, tongue in cheek, is not that the South secede, but rather that the North secede. How does that grab you?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:25:59 AM PST
freedom4all says:
Sounds good. It was New England which first brought up secession, because of Jefferson's embargo. That was perhaps his worst decision as President.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:26:32 AM PST
"Somebody said that" Yes, and all in the opposite sense of your OP.

Originally Jesus. Others were alluding to Mark 3:25

Thomas Hobbes in Leviathan or The Matter, Forme and Power of a Common Wealth Ecclesiasticall and Civil 1651, arguing for the contract form of government.

Thomas Paine [used against Monarchy]

Abigail Adams about US polarization in 1812, fearing it would make us vulnerabble to our enemies.

Sam Houston 1850 on a temporarily successful attempt to unite the country and stave off succesiomn.

Abraham Lincoln: in 1843 and later in a 1858 campaign speech:

"A house divided against itself cannot stand. I believe this government cannot endure, permanently, half slave and half free. I do not expect the Union to be dissolved - I do not expect the house to fall - but I do expect it will cease to be divided. It will become all one thing or all the other. Either the opponents of slavery will arrest the further spread of it, and place it where the public mind shall rest in the belief that it is in the course of ultimate extinction; or its advocates will push it forward, till it shall become alike lawful in all the States, old as well as new - North as well as South."

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:29:23 AM PST
You cast off all slave states which include Virginia and Florida.

I deny your aspersion of Florida.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 7:29:33 AM PST
jason ray says:
Hey, genius, its the coasts versus the center of the country, not north v. south. 1860 called, they want their argument back.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  560
Initial post:  Nov 8, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions