Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Dog Lovers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 1:30:13 PM PST
Ace says:
The Election is over, I don't understand why people still continue to attack Mitt Romney about how he treated his dog. It's not like animals are people to. Get over it already!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:32:39 PM PST
Ice King says:
I think you're misunderstanding us. When we say Romney kicked his dogs to the curb, we mean his human supporters when he cancelled their credit cards and left them stranded on election night.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:34:42 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Didn't Obama eat his dog?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:36:05 PM PST
joeyboy55 says:
Gee, that's clever...but, no.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:37:24 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Thanks for clearing that up, joyboy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:37:30 PM PST
Ice King says:
Are you asking if Obama ate Romney's dog? Because I'm sure if the dog didn't live up to his expectations Romney would have gladly fed it to anyone who wanted it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:38:48 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
I haven't seen BO around lately...have you?
(If the dog is still alive, I be he's hiding...)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:39:22 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
You are 14, aren't you?

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:42:34 PM PST
Auntie Lynn says:
To clarify, the Romney dog rode in a Samsonite state-of-the-art, top of the line dog carrier. It was probably too big to ride in the car with the rest of the passengers and be comfortable. Ever see the interior of a car previously driven by a dog owner? You don't wanna know. There could be dander issues with other passengers... I have seen plenty of doge in cars and they are all hanging out the window with tongues and ears flapping in the breeze...and yes, I love doggie dog dogs...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:42:41 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
I didn't realize that the dog Obama reportedly ate might have been Romney's. I suppose you could test the dog by giving it some coffee, or pop, with caffiene in it. If it's a proper Mormon dog it'll avoid those drinks in favor of water, skunkie beer or something comparable.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:49:26 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
"Didn't Obama eat his dog?"

That's a myth. He only ate a small portion, and then ran out of A-1 sauce, so you can't blame him for stopping.....

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 1:51:23 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
They're pretty good with ketchup, K.A. Lien. It's a nice, lean meat and reasonably tastie if it's done right.

In the long run, we're all pets or meat.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 1:55:52 PM PST
TucsonCoyote says:
It was an atrocity and he should have been prosecuted for animal abuse. Covered in poop and pee while they tooled down the highway. Thank goodness we didn't elect this buffoon.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:00:33 PM PST
Ace says:
Tucsoncoyote says, "It was an atrocity and he should have been prosecuted for animal abuse. Covered in poop and pee while they tooled down the highway. Thank goodness we didn't elect this buffoon."

It's only a dog, this drives me crazy! It's not like dogs have feeling, it's not like the dog cared, the dog was just happy to be out of the house. If Mitt Romney was a bad person and didn't care, he could of just left the animal at home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:02:06 PM PST
Ryan S. Hupp says:
"It's not like dogs have feeling, it's not like the dog cared"

Please tell me you don't have pets.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:05:11 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Right, Romney should have just given the dog to Obama for dessert.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:06:08 PM PST
Ace says:
I use to have a pet cat that I carried every where with me inside my jacket. one day it jumped out and got ran over by a car. that's when for me I realize animals shouldn't be pets. I think it's cruel to have an animal locked in some home.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:07:36 PM PST
Ryan S. Hupp says:
Ah. Gotcha.

Troll 2

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:08:46 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
One can only hope, Ryan. And, fortunately it only took one (although one too many) dead cat to realize it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:09:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 2:10:43 PM PST
Pablo Wooist says:
Affective Neuroscience: The Foundations of Human and Animal Emotions (Series in Affective Science)

Ace,

All mammals have essentially the same emotional systems. Just for your information, both dogs and humans are mammals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:14:06 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Minnesota uses dead cats for sporting events in the spring. They have "Flat Cat Tosses."

And I'm not making that up.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:38:29 PM PST
Ace says:
Paul Whitmore says:
Affective Neuroscience: The Foundations of Human and Animal Emotions (Series in Affective Science)

Ace,

All mammals have essentially the same emotional systems. Just for your information, both dogs and humans are mammals.

do you really believe that? do you really believe that Romney's dog is now scared to go for a ride.

All I'm saying is, I don't think people should be so attach to their pets. I hate it when I talk to a dog lover and they say the only reason why they did not vote for Mitt Romney is because of how he treated Seamus. I think that's going to far.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:51:29 PM PST
TucsonCoyote says:
I didn't realize you're just a troll...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 2:53:18 PM PST
TucsonCoyote says:
Thank goodness I don't have the slightest idea what you're going on about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 3:01:07 PM PST
Pablo Wooist says:
Ace,

Do I really believe that all mammals have essentially the same emotional systems? Absolutely. There are tons of evidence on that documented by Jaak Panksepp in Affective Neuroscience. Is Romney's dog now scared to go for a ride? If he still lives, probably so. More importantly, the experience was probably very frightening at the time.

I am a dog lover. I became one by living with dogs. Is this a reason for voting against Romney? Probably not. I voted for Obama rather than against Romney. But how he treated Seamus was only one indicator to me of his very weak feelings of empathy. I did not see that he had all that much concern for people in general, either. But his weak empathy is not off the scale. I just want to see more empathy in people who make decisions about other people.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions