Customer Discussions > Politics forum

President Obama and the Nobel Peace Prize

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 87 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 6:16:31 PM PST
http://www.nobelprize.org/alfred_nobel/will/short_testamente.html

"...one part to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses."

So I ask you, should the Nobel Peace Prize awarded to Barry be revoked? Let's consider:

- His policies have inflamed tension with Pakistan
- He has authorized drone strikes in sovereign nations with which we are not at war
- His lack of leadership led to the Arab Spring during into the Muslim Brotherhood and Islamist Winter.
- He supported the invasion of Libya and subsequently ignored warnings of imminent Islamist attacks on the US consulate.
- He has done absolutely zero with regard to the civil war in Syria.
- He has continued to allow Iran to enrich uraninum past the point necessary for nuclear power plant reactions.
- His assassination of OBL was the result of years of CIA torture of informants and years of SEAL training in the cauldrons of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- The death count of the war in Afghanistan continues to rise under his presidency
- He has continued to let the prison at Guantanamo Bay to operate.
- His inaction has led Vladimir Putin to conclude that he should consolidate his position and increase the Russian nuclear warhead count.

Where are the war protestors today? Silent.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 6:18:37 PM PST
TOPICWAQ says:
Just say "Benghazi"...I wonder if they can take back a Nobel?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 6:32:20 PM PST
ignatov says:
"Where are the war protestors today? Silent."

Nonsense. The peace movement is alive and well. Welcome, conservatives. It would have been nice if you'd joined us organically, rather than merely as a reaction to a Democrat President, but we'll take you any way we can get you.

http://antiwar.com/

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:27:10 PM PST
"- He has done absolutely zero with regard to the civil war in Syria."

What are you talking about? He shipped tons of small arms to Syrian Al Qaeda insurgents until his coordinator overseeing the transfer of arms from Al Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood fighters in Libya to Al Qaeda fighters in Syria was killed by the Libyan Al Qaeda group.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 7:41:07 PM PST
DEEZUS says:
ok, this is just getting sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 7:43:59 PM PST
He got it for not being Bush. Well, he's still not Bush. (If ONLY we could have Bush back.....)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:22:13 PM PST
Well? Didn't he?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 8:27:37 PM PST
Jim Penname says:
Sure seems like.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:11:05 PM PST
Democrats on the board have been claiming that REPUBLICANS deny reality. Look at all of the negative DEMOCRAT votes for a plain statement of documented fact!

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 11:27:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 11, 2012 11:31:58 PM PST
A customer says:
I think our Corrupter-In-Chief deserves an Academy Award for his 'election campaign of lies' performance. You had to be a real TOOL to believe him.

Al Bore should demand former Senator Chris Dodd (D) give the Corrupter-In-Chief, who is as good a liar as himself (Al Bore's 'global warming myth) an Academy Award for his FORWARD campaign of lies & deception.

Chris (sub-prime slime) Dodd the disgraced former (D) Senator from CT is now the head of 'the screen actors guild' in Hollyweird.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:43:15 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:49:11 PM PST
A customer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:50:47 PM PST
So you lost, but it wasn't that bad, because you lost. I can drink to that.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:53:19 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
I disagree, Superman.

The Democrats demonized Bush so thoroughly that Obama was able to campaign successfully against him in both 2008 and 2012. He'll just blame Bush when he runs again in 2016.

It's the "Big Lie" and it works, especially if the GOP lets it work.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:54:36 PM PST
DEEZUS says:
He'll just blame Bush when he runs again in 2016???

I'll bet you a month of paychecks that he won't.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:54:50 PM PST
The funny thing is that they're afraid to even start talking about Bush again. It's like they want to pretend Bush never happened while giving us new Republican presidents that would keep implementing Bush-like policies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:55:30 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
You're on, DEEZUS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:57:35 PM PST
DEEZUS says:
Do you not realize that I've already won this bet? Do you not know why I've won?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:57:40 PM PST
It is possible that the party that brought us Willie Horton and Swift Boat Veterans for Justice and robocalls about John McCain's adopted daughter and the whole Obama is a communist/fascist/affirmative action beneficiary/Kenyan/homosexual complex will learn to embrace this "new age" of politics. Maybe the careers of famous liberals Lee Atwater and Karl Rove will help you figure it out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 11:58:23 PM PST
Give him a few minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:02:33 AM PST
"is a communist/fascist/affirmative action beneficiary/Kenyan/homosexual"

Well, at least he's not a Republican!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:03:02 AM PST
A customer says:
Yeah, I agree I have given that some thought.

If Bush isn't going to defend his own record, then who is going to go tell the folks it was democrats who filibustered banking reform 17 times that would of prevented the economic collapse. Dems even filibustered comprehensive immigration reform, including Obama.

So without Bush out there telling the truth about his term, it let's the Dems vilify him. His brother Jeb tried a little to defend Bush's record ... but Bush needs to defend his record.

Bush should come right out & call Obama/ Clinton liars.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:04:26 AM PST
They stopped him from giving Social Security to Fraud Street.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:08:27 AM PST
John M. Lane says:
Is it 2016 already, DEEZUS?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 12:08:47 AM PST
A customer says:
We did pick up more state houses ... now we have 30 (R) governors & complete control of 24 state houses.

We almost won WA state (46%), even with gay marriage & legalizing weed passing. Mittens got 46% even in CA/ OR ... we are making progress :)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  87
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions