Customer Discussions > Politics forum

The NRA is a terrorist organization

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 279 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012 5:02:24 PM PST
Snowman1/3 says:
If it takes the deaths of small children to finally understand that we have a gun control problem in this country then we do not even deserve the so-called precious second amendment. And everyone here who still will put the second amendment above the right of your community to have effective, ie. actual control of guns, well, I am blaming you for what happened today. And you can kiss it. The NRA is nothing but a bunch of thugs. Anyone who really cares about family values cannot continue to let this outrageously anti-American organization kiss off criticism.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:10:52 PM PST
Axiomatic!!! says:
Do we know where he got the gun yet?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:14:43 PM PST
His mama.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:15:53 PM PST
Axiomatic!!! says:
Ban Mamas!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:23:14 PM PST
He killed her at home, then went to her classroom and blasted her kids and substitute. The guns were legally purchased and registered by Mom, so the issue is true gun control in a real substantial manner with background checks of all family members that will have even remote access to them.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:28:44 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:32:28 PM PST
Saint Leigh says:
The NRA is a direct mail fundraising racket. If guns stopped bringing in the cash, they would switch to puppies 'n kittens without missing a beat.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:42:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 5:52:03 PM PST
Truthseeker says:
"If it takes the deaths of small children to finally understand that we have a gun control problem in this country...."

Don't be so optimistic. I predict that even the deaths of so many children (and wounding of may others) will be in vain. Just like the various mass-massacres in 2011 and 2012 which have been completely forgotten, this one will be too.

Note how President Obama, despite being clearly shaken up, carefully avoided any mention of gun-control in his statement. Let's hope that it changes over the coming days, but I really doubt it.

The National Rifle Al Qaeda thrives, because Americans are mentally crazy and psychotic about the second amendment. Every civilized country in the world has far fewer such mass-murders, far fewer homicides in general. In summary, Americans are NOT civilized, that's the bottom-line. They fantasize in the delusion of 19th century frontierism when this IS the 21st century.

So, sorry, but nothing will change. No lesson will be learned. The memory of the murders of those poor kids will simply fade away over time. The NR Al Qaeda is one terrorist organization that wins consistently.

It is a disgrace that in a country of 300 million people, only one - yes just one elected politician - Mayor Bloomberg - dares to publicly advocate gun control.

Fortunately, I no longer live in the crazy, uncivilized, mentally unbalanced, corrupt country called the USA.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:44:16 PM PST
I'll never forget attending a healthcare convention years ago. One speaker from Scotland wryly noted:

In Scotland, healthcare is a right and owning a gun a special priviledge.
In the States, it is the other way around.

And no, you don't see these kind of massacres in the most of the rest of the civilized world because of it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:47:58 PM PST
VicAriel says:
Axiomatic!!! says:
>Ban Mamas!!!<

You're so f'ing witty Darren. How can you stand it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:50:32 PM PST
ET says:
Scotland had its own school shooting in '96. tTat guy killed ~ 13 kids.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:53:07 PM PST
VicAriel says:
Axiomatic!!! says:
>Do we know where he got the gun yet?<

Duhhh...where would a GOOD place be?

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:54:55 PM PST
Bad Grandpa says:
WalMart probably.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:59:05 PM PST
VicAriel says:
Probably. AAFES doesn't sell firearms.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:04:28 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 6:05:14 PM PST
DOB says:
Democrat Solution:

1) Primary gun-supporting Democrats. Primary ALL of them.

2) In fact make sure your new candidates, particularly in the Mountain West, South, and Midwest are ardently anti-gun and rail against it in the most shrill, obnoxious manner possible.

*Winning!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:07:26 PM PST
DOB says:
"No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:07:34 PM PST
Ehkzu says:
re: the shooting in Dunblane

...and you had to go back to 1996 to find one instance of that there. There was also a shooting in Germany this year, in a school as I recall.

That's the difference. In Europe it's a once-a-decade-or-two phenomenon. Here...how many have there been this year alone?

I don't think that's because Europe has fewer crazies than we do. It's because they have less access to guns than we do.

It's rocket science, I guess, to draw any such conclusions. Right wingers appear to live in a totally random universe where nothing correlates to anything else.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:11:53 PM PST
Ehkzu says:
Republican solution:

Be the sock puppet of the extraordinarily profitable gun industry, and make sure that every aging white man without a college degree--that's the demographic of the vast majority of gun control opponents--gets propagandized about the Democrats being in cahoots with the Yew-nited Nations to send out the black helicopters to take their guns away.

Note also the high correlation also between frenzied gun control opposition and erectile dysfunction. Hmmm.....do you suppose a gun, with its hard, long barrel and ability to shoot potent things out the end, has any psychological meaning for these guys?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:27:56 PM PST
Ehkzu says:
re: "No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -Thomas Jefferson

You do realize he was referring to flintlocks, don't you? Do you think he'd say the same thing today if the "arm" was, say, an M249 that could mow down an entire company of Revolutionary-era regulars in seconds? Too much? How about a Mac-10 with an extended magazine and hollow-point rounds?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:29:41 PM PST
Ehkzu says:
re: "The NRA is a terrorist organization"

Well, it certainly has most American politicians terrorized.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 6:41:08 PM PST
Snowman1/3 says:
This country is going to be shedding a great deal of tears this next week. That it will follow into the Christmas season should sustain our plea for true peace, a true end to the stupidity that parades around in an American flag. Brave politicians have started to step forward. The time to take the gun away from the cold dead hand of the NRA is now.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:34:56 PM PST
Bad Grandpa says:
This whole concept that everyone has the right to have guns reminds me of the 70's when everyone on the plane had to suffer while some slob chain smoked cigarettes because it was his right to do so.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:47:41 PM PST
Not sure about terrorist, but sure do have too much power. There has to be middle ground. I don't understand the need for assault weapons unless you going to war. Having a basic handgun for basic protection is different than having a load of semi-automatics.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:50:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 7:57:19 PM PST
Axiomatic!!! says:
Don't go emotionalon on me Vic. I wasn't trying to be witty as much as make the point that this isn't a gun control incident. A 20 year old with a baseball bat could run a classroom of children this age.

The truth is that we're the laughing stock of the world when it comes to identifying mental illness. And sometimes people just snap with no warning. People have always killed others, and always will. It's one of the not so secret truths of our existence.

The only differences between a .223 rifle and most hunting rifles is 1) appearance, and 2) most hunting rifles are larger caliber.

The only way to prevent this type of tragedy is to identify people with mental disorders before they can act.

Not an easy proposition.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 7:52:48 PM PST
Clint E. says:
Everyone is too sick and without care to go out shooting.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 8:07:01 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 8:08:41 PM PST
mhn92 says:
"Just like the various mass-massacres in 2011 and 2012 which have been completely forgotten, this one will be too."

Try telling that to the people who lost loved ones in those tragedies. Those incidents will never be forgotton.

"The National Rifle Al Qaeda thrives, because Americans are mentally crazy and psychotic about the second amendment."

No, we're just not wanting the law-abiding, responsible gun owners to lose their ability to protect themselves in case our homes are invaded or in other dangerous situations where a crazed gunman has to be taken down before authorities arrive. By the way, nitwit, don't compare the NRA to Al-Qaeda.

"Every civilized country in the world has far fewer such mass-murders, far fewer homicides in general. In summary, Americans are NOT civilized, that's the bottom-line."

That's total BS. Every country has its own share of crazies. You're a prime example.

"The memory of the murders of those poor kids will simply fade away over time."

Tell that to the parents of those kids who were notified that their child had been murdered.

"Fortunately, I no longer live in the crazy, uncivilized, mentally unbalanced, corrupt country called the USA."

We're glad you don't live here anymore either. You're definately not missed.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
2841 14 days ago
Many of the witnesses in Ferguson out right lied. 88 56 seconds ago
Have cons ever taken the side of blacks on a controversial issue? 65 2 minutes ago
I admit I was wrong about George W. Bush 17 4 minutes ago
Auntie Aimee's House of Respite 2449 4 minutes ago
Given Events In Austin, Texas The Night After Thanksgiving Day, It's Interesting That The Event Has Not Received Significant Attention And Comment As To Homegrown Terrorism. No Lives Were Lost Ohter Than A Shooter. But....... 23 6 minutes ago
Mathematically speaking, the Dems cannot regain control of senate in 2016 53 8 minutes ago
Would you join the military, knowing the track record of the administration? 161 8 minutes ago
The Verdict Was Fair, The Verdict Was Right......... 990 11 minutes ago
Obama: Only Native Americans Can Legitimately Object to Immigration 57 12 minutes ago
"Run Hillary Run!" (bumper sticker mounted on front of of FWD F-350) 15 12 minutes ago
why did israel provoke the latest war? 4888 15 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  46
Total posts:  279
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 2, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions