Customer Discussions > Politics forum

Democrat James Carville Says 80% of Democrats Are Politically Clueless

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 415 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2012 6:48:39 PM PDT
You know it's getting bad when Carville turns against the clueless left.

The words are straight from Carville's mouth. What we Republicans have known for years has now been verified by one of the leading Democrat operatives.

Excerpt:

"Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality.
What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

END QUOTE

http://republicmainstreet.wordpress.com/2011/09/29/democrat-james-carville-says-80-of-democrats-are-politically-clueless/

http://voices.yahoo.com/democrat-james-carville-says-80-democrats-dont-5311113.html?cat=9

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 6:56:43 PM PDT
Auntie Lynn says:
Same goes for "Undecided." If you haven't got it figured out by now, give it up...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 7:39:35 PM PDT
Yeah, Carville's never had very much respect for the average voter. Then again, neither has his wife, Republican campaign manager Mary Matalin. I read their book, "All's Fair," and felt like I needed to shower afterwards.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 7:44:34 PM PDT
Captain says:
Of course he's right, and he would know. It's never stopped him from taking their money.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 8:08:30 PM PDT
Anyone here can see that from the liberals' posts

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 8:09:18 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2012 8:16:07 PM PDT
Mende Mui says:
I don't believe Carville ever said that...; in fact just give it a few hours and it would come out to be a lie. One thing is for sure, don't follow online gossip.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 8:27:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2012 8:34:02 PM PDT
Mende Mui says:
Apparently, the original source of the quote is from "thinkexist.com" and it's making turns in wing-nut circles on the web. The quote doesn't have a date, and it doesn't state whether Carville said this on TV, in a news paper etc. It doesn't have an author either.

Conclusion, it's a lie...!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 9:09:55 PM PDT
Of course it's BS. But lay out the soilage, and the Republicans come running

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 10:09:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2012 11:23:14 PM PDT
MisterTee says:
They are a very predictable bunch, aren't they ?

All you have to do, is figure out how a lizard would react to a given input, and you'll know *exactly* how the Wingjobs will respond.

Works every single time.

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 10:11:35 PM PDT
Suze says:
Is James Carville on twitter, has he commented on this story?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 10:36:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2012 10:40:34 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
it,s fake.....it was posted on thinkexist by someone with the screen name thisoneworks whose profile only lists the occupation surly prick.

Who dat falls for everything.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 2, 2012 10:50:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 2, 2012 10:51:01 PM PDT
nameinuse says:
You should read the quotes the guy put up for Hillary Clinton on ThinkExist. Obvious troll gets real obvious there.

What's really sad is when you search this, there's actually a couple, just a couple, of right wing blogs that copied it off of ThinkExist.

That is just so freakin' pathetic.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 12:13:30 AM PDT
good advice for democrats

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 12:59:10 AM PDT
Katrina says:
niu. "Who dat falls for everything."

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 1:57:02 AM PDT
Moderate says:
Actually my guess is that these numbers aren't too far off. They would also be about the same for the Republican party. Of course there are still a lot of swing voters and independants who actually do switch which party they vote for. A lot of them are swayed by emotion too but at least they aren't in lock step with a party. You can see this by how quickly most people make up their minds on issues and almost always decide in favor of their party. In fact what little thought they put into it is just to come up with rationalizations in order to agree with their party.

Studies of human behavior show that we are not the logic driven species we like to think we are. Also our brains don't work like we think they do. For just one example look at how worthless eye witness testimony is. What's even worse is that even though we have proof that its terribly faulty we still rely on it.

Most voters are true believers who need little more than rationalizations from their parties leaders to quickly use their logic to agree with anything their party says or does. Each party also picks out which groups it will cater to. Both parties. The good thing is that even though there are lots of them they are fairly equal in number and cancel each other out. We still have some number of people who must be won over in order to win elections. Some of these see both parties as having good points and bad and so take awhile to make up their minds. Sometimes they see so little difference in the parties and this makes for a tough decision also. In the end they aren't much different but at least they know its hard to figure this stuff out.

In the end 80% isn't too bad a number. It was said by a Democrat. But Republican strategists think the same thing, but just aren't saying it.

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 3:07:11 AM PDT
Bad Grandpa says:
It would have been a more accurate statement if he had broadened it to say 80% of VOTERS are politically clueless.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 5:58:11 AM PDT
ignatov says:
"there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans."

This sentence is how you can tell it's all just a right-wing lie. Everyone knows intellectuals tend to be liberal.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 6:13:39 AM PDT
I think that would still be being generous!

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 7:22:47 AM PDT
Moderate says:
There are some tells. The far right gets their news almost overwhelmingly from one source, Fox. That shows a herd mentality to begin with. Their sources also spend a lot of time telling them how to interpret the information. Think of Rush.

Yes both parties have this because they are made up of people and that how we tend to be built, but if the far right think they have some kind of high ground here its only in their imagination.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 8:52:34 AM PDT
*The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Some on the left will say that Republicans are stupid and just follow their leaders. There have been many thoughts and discussions analyzing the Democrat mind. I think many of the successful democrats see what they have done and think they are superior and that others are not capable to make it so seek to provide for others.

I heard LBJs Great society speech and it it is the very essence of progressive thought. It is this idea that if you change the environment of the person they will be better. This idea that the material success people have had had made them better and we can improve society by improving the conditions. Conservatives generally see that success and material well being comes from a set of values and when too much is provided those values do not develop.

You have the run of the mill lower end Democrat who only sees what they can get from government and that government programs are simply rationally better vs the effort to do it on their own.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 8:54:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 3, 2012 9:09:46 AM PDT
*Yeah, Carville's never had very much respect for the average voter. Then again, neither has his wife, Republican campaign manager Mary Matalin. I read their book, "All's Fair," and felt like I needed to shower afterwards.

I don't know the personal relationship but they seem to be happy but differ greatly on politics. That is also a trait of some Democrats is that there are not differences of opinion and philosophy but moral failing and lack of humanity. The fact that Carville can see a person who differs from his political view as a valid human is offensive to too many on the left.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 9:01:47 AM PDT
*Actually my guess is that these numbers aren't too far off. They would also be about the same for the Republican party. Of course there are still a lot of swing voters and independants who actually do switch which party they vote for. A lot of them are swayed by emotion too but at least they aren't in lock step with a party. You can see this by how quickly most people make up their minds on issues and almost always decide in favor of their party. In fact what little thought they put into it is just to come up with rationalizations in order to agree with their party.

I don't disagree that many people are not that passionate or involved in politics. In fact many of us are draw here because at least from my experience few people are interested in the details of policy. Not that many people are that passionate about abstract education at all. The basic outlook is what do I have to do to get the things I want. When I find real people that have political views, I do my best to listen and ask probing questions or make some observations.

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 9:04:29 AM PDT
Moderate says:
The reason that it doesn't get in the way of their relationship is that they don't really believe in what they are selling. Its a game of manipulation. Because of this they really aren't opposites being attracted. They are the same. This is not to put them down or say they are bad. They simply know what knobs to turn to get people to vote how they want them to. They are the puppet masters, we are the puppets.

Even the best of us can be manipulated. In fact those that are the most sure they can't be are blind to it and end up being the ones most easily controlled. You have to know your own weaknesses to protect yourself from being used.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 9:07:50 AM PDT
*It would have been a more accurate statement if he had broadened it to say 80% of VOTERS are politically clueless.

This is the danger of too much Democracy. Politics government and policy are intricate affairs. There have been many examples where the appeal to emotions have lead to bad policy. The problem with government people can accumulate the power to use force. Government is a necessary evil its purpose is the use of force and it exists from a legitimate form of theft called taxation. We want to have popular input to deal with corruptions and those that derive privilege from the powers of government.

This is why government is a trade off between seeking ability and limiting how government power can be used for personal ends.

IN the end politics sucks. Why would any rational person come to a place like this to be hounded and insulted for taking a point of view. Why not just have government leave me alone and Ill leave it alone.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 3, 2012 9:09:25 AM PDT
*Everyone knows intellectuals tend to be liberal.

Intellectuals are not a large voting block. The reason why intellectuals lean left is they think they have found some way that things should be done and rather than going into the market and deal with people choosing what they offer they seek to use the power of government to impose their ideas.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa9f9a6f0)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  98
Total posts:  415
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers

Search Customer Discussions